PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

whats up with all the basketball references here? i dont get it
In basketball you have about 40% change of scoring in each possession. It seems PES2015 is not far from it.

Ping pong, and no midfield play. I think they have missed the correct thread (FIFA).
Unfortunately the tape doesn't lie. Ping-pong is not exclusive to FIFA anymore. I guess Konami is keeping up with EA afterall.

Which of them players are playing on PA 0?

Even if you are the CPU is playing ping-pong. The video that I shared was made in superstar by an experienced player and the CPU simply torched the guy. 7 goals from 14 or so total shots. Barely any build up plays, etc.

Those defences are so open you can land an airplane in the middle without harming any CB's.

It does not matter how great your passing system is if you cannot create a balance gameplay. Shooting looks like the easy thing in the world to do. Defence is a joke. They keep talking about PES5/6, but keep forgetting that what make those games great was first and foremost balance between offense and defence.

Even if you are the CPU is playing ping-pong. The video that I shared was made in superstar by an experienced player and the CPU simply torched the guy. 7 goals from 14 or so total shots. Barely any build up plays, etc.

Those defences are so open you can land an airplane in the middle without harming any CB's.

It does not matter how great your passing system is if you cannot create a balance gameplay. Shooting looks like the easy thing in the world to do. Defence is a joke. They keep talking about PES5/6, but keep forgetting that what make those games great was first and foremost balance between offense and defence.
I haven't seen the video you are talking about, but I can only judge the full game once I have played it.

In addition, there will be a day one DLC, and possibly a patch.

Do be quite honest, those problems are there since gamescom videos first surface in August and I don't think a day one patch will fix it. Maybe they simple don't view this as a problem. Maybe is a conscious decision to bring more kids that love to score great goals in any game to buy the game.

Except it's a completely absurd explanation. The commonality between the two consoles (and the PC) is such that optimisation isn't the huge task it once was.

Yes, the PS4 is a little more powerful than the Xbox One, but both consoles will run PES2015 at 1080/60 very easily. There's no reason at all why the PS4/XB1/PC shouldn't be exactly the same.

See above. PES2015 isn't a technically demanding game. Not in the slightest.

pes 2015 even on the ps4 is essentially a ps3 game, there is nothing whatsoever next gen, the graphics even are ps3 worthy, but they toned down the ps3 and pc games to make the ps4 look better.

Klash - agree with your retort re fouls but I'm on about fouls in their most basic principle.
I have been slide tackled when I haven't had the ball, bundled over in the box, obstructed, hacked down..... and never ever get a foul, yet i seemingly breath near the Com and its a foul every time.
The refereeing logic, in the demo at least, is broke.

I should hopefully have my copy today when I get home so looking forward to testing it out, see what, if any, changes have been made.

CPU cheating on superstar probably again :(

Except it's a completely absurd explanation. The commonality between the two consoles (and the PC) is such that optimisation isn't the huge task it once was.

Yes, the PS4 is a little more powerful than the Xbox One, but both consoles will run PES2015 at 1080/60 very easily. There's no reason at all why the PS4/XB1/PC shouldn't be exactly the same.

See above. PES2015 isn't a technically demanding game. Not in the slightest.

Not to get into a lengthy discussion here, but it seems like a lot of Xbone games are being produced below 1080p etc... Not surprised PES 2015 isn't any different.

Maybe there's an actual bottleneck with the Xbone that devs aren't really bothered putting extra effort to work on thinking PS4 is easier anyway? The Xbone's 8GB DDR3 + 32MB ESRAM vs PS4's 8GB GDDR5?

Not an expert or anything but just trying to find good reasons for all games out on both.

Lol. Personally I don't mind 720p as long as it's butter smooth. Saying that though I do think this generation should easily output every game at 60fps.

Anyway, just to add to my last post, I've just read this part regarding ESRAM and think it sums it up well:

Mr. Baker states:

First of all, there's been some question about whether we can use ESRAM and main RAM at the same time for GPU and to point out that really you can think of the ESRAM and the DDR3 as making up eight total memory controllers, so there are four external memory controllers (which are 64-bit) which go to the DDR3 and then there are four internal memory controllers that are 256-bit that go to the ESRAM. These are all connected via a crossbar and so in fact it will be true that you can go directly, simultaneously to DRAM and ESRAM.

Over that interface, each lane - to ESRAM is 256-bit making up a total of 1024 bits and that's in each direction. 1024 bits for write will give you a max of 109GB/s and then there's separate read paths again running at peak would give you 109GB/s. What is the equivalent bandwidth of the ESRAM if you were doing the same kind of accounting that you do for external memory... With DDR3 you pretty much take the number of bits on the interface, multiply by the speed and that's how you get 68GB/s. That equivalent on ESRAM would be 218GB/s. However, just like main memory, it's rare to be able to achieve that over long periods of time so typically an external memory interface you run at 70-80 per cent efficiency.

Directionally, Microsoft says each operation (read, write) is capped at 109 GB/s but by mixing reads and writes, real world performance of 130-140 GB/s can be achieved. This isn't signficantly worse than the 176 GB/s theoretical performance of the PS4 over its 256-bit bus.

It sounds like Microsoft took on a more challenging virtualization bid, but might profit off greater flexiblity and utility for its console, while Sony picked more of a speculative hardware target (basing the PS4 on 4 Gb (gigabit) GDDR5 modules), which may pay off in terms of higher bandwidth/lower hardware costs.

Would've wished Xbone housed more power. Would've still bought it for extra $ but I do know it's not easier to market that high $ to the masses.

I do somehow hope DX12 improves the console in any way in addition to any resources made available to game devs, thus helping Xboners have a better gaming experience with future PES games.

Lol. Personally I don't mind 720p as long as it's butter smooth. Saying that though I do think this generation should easily output every game at 60fps.

Anyway, just to add to my last post, I've just read this part regarding ESRAM and think it sums it up well:

Would've wished Xbone housed more power. Would've still bought it for extra $ but I do know it's not easier to market that high $ to the masses.

I do somehow hope DX12 improves the console in any way in addition to any resources made available to game devs, thus helping Xboners have a better gaming experience with future PES games.

:LOL::LMAO:

Am sorry but I was half asleep when I read this "x boners" and woke up full of laughter. My sides r killing me man :')

@sabh - thanks to you, I've pre-ordered WE2015 on Japanese PSN. We can start the digital download on 11th Nov right? I'm hearing different dates for the digital download.

From TODOWE: (WITH THE HELP OF GOOGLE TRANSLATE)

"[TodoWE] The Japanese PSN Store has officially priced digital editions of World Soccer: Winning Eleven 2015 , in the version for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, which will be 8208 yen (including tax).
Also as part of a promotion, players Keisuke Honda, Mario Götze and two players chosen at random from the UEFA team of the year will be part of the pre-game package for the new MyClub mode, which lets you add players and coaches using GP accumulated or through micro-transaccione s, within-treatment made ​​by the club.
The reservation period begins Tuesday October 28 and runs until Thursday, November 6.
It is noteworthy that the additional content from the game reserve will be available for download on Thursday, November 13, the official launch date of Winning Eleven 2015 in Japan, meanwhile the game is automatically downloaded from Tuesday November 11, with In order to avoid waiting for the official day of delivery."

Can I use any address for my JPN user account to purchase this?

Obviously I am not using JPN credit card..

Also, if someday someone manages to get option file working for PS4, what are the chances I can use the same option file for Winning Eleven?

Thanks

Last edited:
klashman saying PES15 has PS3 graphics...man i wonder what kind of dope your smoking. I want some too.

If konami wanted to, they could produce those PS4 graphics on the PS3. It looks good, but it's hardly impressive, I'm not a fan of Call of Duty at all but the graphics on that game make PES 2014 on the PS4 look like a megadrive or sega genesis game.

The pc game this year has the same gameplay as the PS4 version and the specs to run the engine are exactly the same as last year which was a PS3 game.

Take this game for example, the differences between games made for ps3 and ps4 simultaneously are very little when the lesser game isn't toned down heavily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s5kNz5g70Q

Maybe next year and i'd say by at least PES 2017 the game will look truly next generation, at the moment Konami are still playing around with game at PS3 level with one or two nice effects.

For the ones wanting to try out Winning Eleven 2015 (Japanese edition, of course is on English text/commentary):

Create a Japanese PSN account -https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=3JRcVJa8Go6huQTaioGwAw&url=http://kotaku.com/5982662/how-to-make-a-japanese-psn-account-on-the-new-psn-and-how-to-navigate-the-store&ved=0CBoQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHW4GEjJAKvQwXwMnIJze8mj5gdmA&sig2=O61DPT-jXQOg_R0ons-4yw

Get Japan PSN cards here - www.japan-codes.com and add some credit (at least ¥8300 to cover WE2015).

In Japanese PSN store, go to search and type 'winning 2015' (in English).

You're sorted.

For the ones wanting to try out Winning Eleven 2015 (Japanese edition, of course is on English text/commentary):

Create a Japanese PSN account -https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=3JRcVJa8Go6huQTaioGwAw&url=http://kotaku.com/5982662/how-to-make-a-japanese-psn-account-on-the-new-psn-and-how-to-navigate-the-store&ved=0CBoQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHW4GEjJAKvQwXwMnIJze8mj5gdmA&sig2=O61DPT-jXQOg_R0ons-4yw

Get Japan PSN cards here - www.japan-codes.com and add some credit (at least ¥8300 to cover WE2015).

In Japanese PSN store, go to search and type 'winning 2015' (in English).

You're sorted.

Thanks champ. Might do that.
I assume it comes with Jap commentary too?

Also, do you happen to know, if they ever (magically somehow) manage to use option file on PS4, I assume if the option file works for BLAS, then it'll work for Winning Eleven version too?

I haven't noticed any cheating when playing in Superstar at PS4. I won against Bayern Munich 6-1 but yeah, it's too much ping-pong.

Back
Top Bottom