PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

well ive gone with shopto and hopefully ill have it next weds.

The game looks great. Its not perfect but not many games are. They are games after all.

Daymos is getting his copy for XB1 soon and will hopefully have an option file for it.

The games at night in the CL look sweet.

Xb1 is option file capable?

I completely disagree in principle of what you say here.

Fouls should depend on the teams and tactics. Fouls shouldn't happen for the sake of it, they need to be in balance with the aggression and playing styles of each team, tactics, rivalry, player individuality, players struggling to cope with tricky wingers and technical dribblers. Lots of factors come into this.

Here you see 4 fouls in one half plus another let go for advantage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGH4U9Ek6t0&feature=youtu.be

I like you like to see different types of fouls but i'm more focused on if the game is producing them naturally based on the team tactics and player motivation, individuality and variable factors rather than PES 5 style fouls for the very sake of fouls.

there's just no depth to it. I'd like to see an AI team get fired up by conceding a goal and start steaming into players. or have someone commit a professional foul to get a booking when a break is on... can only dream i guess

I can´t believe that they put the same crappy sad-ass face on Torres as last year.
He looks like he´s about to cry every second.
I hope they gonna work on that one since they really made some outstanding faces on other players.

About fouls in ML.
I hope that they put injuries back into the ML.
Last year I haven´t had a single one playing about 4 - 5 seasons.
I wanna be forced to household my players when someone has a bad injury, like it was there a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4F2IwgkAuo&feature=youtu.be

Ball physics look good here on high balls.
When the ball gets a backward spin it drops on the ground the right way.
I like that.
The low passes need some work imho.

Wonder what happened to regular more positive posters in this thread. It's like they all got nuked LOL. Anyways, got an e-mail from Play-Asia saying "preparing order". It switched from pre-order status to preparing order. Hmm....come on Winning Eleven 2015 come to daddy...

But can you play that version online in your region? Mostly the versions need to be the same.

but probably they recorded the player names for this in the japanese commentary, not just threw in there the callnames from the game already like here

Prerecored, fluid announcements of starting 11s for all teams? No effin' way ... far too many combinations. And that is before you even consider ML and transfers.

They have to use callnames embedded within generic announcement. The real problem is that callnames spoken by Beglin are so lifeless and generally do not match the tone of the announcement.
Italian and French announcements from Asim's videos you posted sound a lot better to me.

I got the Japanese version which has the J-League and Japan licensed. Also, someone here confirmed that WE 15 Japan and Asia version both offer English language for the menus and commentary if you wish.

@Han: For online play most likely I will be playing people who also have WE15J, I might have to create Asian PSN we'll see.

English language includes player, team names aswell? 2 extra league would come handy

Prerecored, fluid announcements of starting 11s for all teams? No effin' way ... far too many combinations. And that is before you even consider ML and transfers.

They have to use callnames embedded within generic announcement. The real problem is that callnames spoken by Beglin are so lifeless and generally do not match the tone of the announcement.
Italian and French announcements from Asim's videos you posted sound a lot better to me.

FIFA uses pre-recorded names specifically for announcing team line-ups. Of course you can't record every single combination of 11 players possible!! You record the individual names with a different tone of voice, in a way that means they blend seamlessly with joining words - so that you can say

Lining up in defence are <a>, <b>, <c> and <d>; <e> joins <f> at the heart of midfield, providing width will be <g> and <h>, with <i> behind <j> in attack.

It's already achieved fantastically well in FIFA, you just need sound teams who are able to work to the same blueprint while also ensuring everything fits together in a way that sounds natural.

Konami need to redo all the audio from scratch, without exception.

Ball physics look good here on high balls.
When the ball gets a backward spin it drops on the ground the right way.
I like that.
The low passes need some work imho.

Agree with that. Love the backspin on through balls and the way the ball stands up when it lands. Ground passes don't bobble and look a little bit strange though, as if the ball is sliding on ice.

so thats why the 1080p for PS4

B1vrVdKCcAAt7pi.jpg:large

Konami does have somekind of an exclusive contract with Sony

so thats why the 1080p for PS4

B1vrVdKCcAAt7pi.jpg:large

Konami does have somekind of an exclusive contract with Sony

This sort of logic doesn't add up. Activision has an exclusive contract with Microsoft for Call of Duty, and has had it for years, yet Advanced Warfare is 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox 1.

A much more simple and realistic explanation for 720p is that Konami weren't able to properly optimize the game on Xbox 1.

FIFA uses pre-recorded names specifically for announcing team line-ups. Of course you can't record every single combination of 11 players possible!! You record the individual names with a different tone of voice, in a way that means they blend seamlessly with joining words - so that you can say

Lining up in defence are <a>, <b>, <c> and <d>; <e> joins <f> at the heart of midfield, providing width will be <g> and <h>, with <i> behind <j> in attack.

It's already achieved fantastically well in FIFA, you just need sound teams who are able to work to the same blueprint while also ensuring everything fits together in a way that sounds natural.

Konami need to redo all the audio from scratch, without exception.

100% agree, the audio files need to be done again from scratch with an Englishman directing Champion and Beglin and instructing to add emotion and not focus on how clearly each word is spoken in a robotic way.

The programming is there, it's the audio which is the problem and it must be done again!

Klash - agree with your retort re fouls but I'm on about fouls in their most basic principle.
I have been slide tackled when I haven't had the ball, bundled over in the box, obstructed, hacked down..... and never ever get a foul, yet i seemingly breath near the Com and its a foul every time.
The refereeing logic, in the demo at least, is broke.

I should hopefully have my copy today when I get home so looking forward to testing it out, see what, if any, changes have been made.

For anyone living in the UK Tesco are doing it on their website for £35 but you can get it for £30 with the code TDX-PYXM. You can also double up club card vouchers if you have any to make it cheaper.

A much more simple and realistic explanation for 720p is that Konami weren't able to properly optimize the game on Xbox 1.
Except it's a completely absurd explanation. The commonality between the two consoles (and the PC) is such that optimisation isn't the huge task it once was.

Yes, the PS4 is a little more powerful than the Xbox One, but both consoles will run PES2015 at 1080/60 very easily. There's no reason at all why the PS4/XB1/PC shouldn't be exactly the same.

Don't think so. It's 1080p on the PS4 because the PS4 can handle it. The other consoles can't.
See above. PES2015 isn't a technically demanding game. Not in the slightest.

Except it's a completely absurd explanation. The commonality between the two consoles (and the PC) is such that optimisation isn't the huge task it once was.

Yes, the PS4 is a little more powerful than the Xbox One, but both consoles will run PES2015 at 1080/60 very easily. There's no reason at all why the PS4/XB1/PC shouldn't be exactly the same.

See above. PES2015 isn't a technically demanding game. Not in the slightest.

A game not being technically demanding doesn't mean that there's no optimization involved. It makes far more sense to think that Konami simply didn't bother with the XB1 version for a multitude of factors rather than Sony paying Konami for 1080p conspiracy theories. There's zero point in Sony paying Konami for superiority in a football game that is nowhere near the levels of sales and praise that it once had.

If we were talking about a major franchise here, then I guess there's something to that. But we're not. This boils down to Konami not bothering with the XB1 version.

Hell, they didn't bother with the PC version and that, theoretically, should be the best of them all.

A game not being technically demanding doesn't mean that there's no optimization involved. It makes far more sense to think that Konami simply didn't bother with the XB1 version for a multitude of factors rather than Sony paying Konami for 1080p conspiracy theories. There's zero point in Sony paying Konami for superiority in a football game that is nowhere near the levels of sales and praise that it once had.

If we were talking about a major franchise here, then I guess there's something to that. But we're not. This boils down to Konami not bothering with the XB1 version.

Hell, they didn't bother with the PC version and that, theoretically, should be the best of them all.
I completely agree. I'm not subscribing to the pro-Sony conspiracy theories either. As you said, it's a case of 'not being bothered' rather than 'weren't able'.

Back
Top Bottom