PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

I have played 60 minutes of PES 15 on PS4. I cannot reveal how but thought I would let you know how it plays. Firstly. I played an unfinished version and teams still had last seasons kits etc.

The first thing that struck me was how dated the presentqtion was. Really shocking how a supposed next gen sports game could could have such a basic front end. Konami reps told me that this wouldn't change and that I was witnessing more or less the finalised front end so I am extremely disappointed with that.

Sound is as it has been since day 1, awful.

Now, faces. Amazing. So much detail, I was in awe.

Most importantly the gameplay. It is like PES 2013 with better reactions, smoother and added animations. However, there were still glaring problems.

I will post more later and please ask me any questions you may have.

My question would be u like trolling?

I have played 60 minutes of PES 15 on PS4. I cannot reveal how but thought I would let you know how it plays. Firstly. I played an unfinished version and teams still had last seasons kits etc.

The first thing that struck me was how dated the presentqtion was. Really shocking how a supposed next gen sports game could could have such a basic front end. Konami reps told me that this wouldn't change and that I was witnessing more or less the finalised front end so I am extremely disappointed with that.

Most importantly the gameplay. It is like PES 2013 with better reactions, smoother and added animations. However, there were still glaring problems.

For some reason, I don't believe you.

That "I can not reveal how" sounds too fishy to me!

However, the "how" would have been one of the most interesting questions for me :)

Someone on WENB posted up some impressions too. Don't know if it's the same guy.

Edit....probably the link maremas posted.

From another pes forum:

Hi everybody
I'm French and today I had the pleasure to test PES 2015 (it was the Manchester code)

graphics:
Regarding the graphics, I'm not going to lie, it's an HD version of PES 2014, with better texture, no visual slap. It was clear to me that the version was only 30-40% and does not contain all the visual effects such as the effect of light and the effects of weather conditions. Yet there is one thing that still gives you the effect of visual slap: Fluidity! : drool:
Gone are the lags in the menus (which are also very nice), in slow motion, cinematic finish it all: 1080P 60fps feels at the moment you land or in the menus.
2 actual players (Manchester United and Juventus) are all very well done and the physical players are respected (much broader than Rooney Van Persie). The Old Trafford is well modeled, there is now a cloud in the sky and the public realize great.

Atmosphere:
Although the sound was not very well adjusted on the TV or I was playing, I still felt that the public responded well and followed with respect to the shares. If some one saw the trailer for FIFA 15 which showed the emotions of players, PES does too (even if it was already) better. The cinematics are varied and fit well depending on the situation (eg Rooney will be angry and disappointed if he misses all that he misses an opportunity to score almost impossible (I hope you understand a goal) . replays fluids are worthy of a TV idle. celebrations are intense (the vibration of the crowd and the joy of the players we feel).
By cons, it is far from a TV presentation to FIFA 14 and continious play (end black screens) that boils down to the keys (as in 2014).

Goalkeepers:
The black point of PES in recent years. I think the guards beautiful animations, good reflexes are good outlets but too many times they commit blunders (and I mean real blunders, you frustrate those with the highest level). But overall I would say they are better than the 2014 (especially as it is a version 30-40%).

AI:
who have done that 2 match against the AI​​, I think she is smarter and adopt appropriate strategies. She plays offensively and well prepared actions. There are more that feeling of script or AI happens to be Superman and you lot of footwork galore to place millimiters shots. I tell you, if the AI ​​brand is that it is your fault not the game (except for gardines: hap

gameplay:
The most important of course. If I were summarized in a single thing I would say :: drool:
Gone are the bug that caused all players running at the same speed and the defenders caught up forwards at full speed. If a player drops a another player, this is good (if it's faster of course). The animations are more fluid and realistic (there are new including collisions). The jinking run: a pure delight. Moving to rate and sneak between players is one of the best new gameplay (and do it with Tévez I can tell you that it provides sensations beautiful game). The game is a bit faster than the 2014 but not oriented arcade rest assured. Keystrokes are varied and the ball physics is sometimes a bit of his own (in realistic course), we feel that they take different paths. ID the player feels good, especially with Pirlo has excellent accuracy on his passes, Van Persie and its external magniques, Rooney and his power, Tévez and vivacity. For L1 Triangle, they are quite balanced, if you defend well, they will not pass. Players make good calls, good spaces created and offensive / defensive balance is assured. Control of the ball are quite demanding by cons, often if one is too bright in its controls, players will not be able to properly control the ball. Lobs are quite cool throughout. The feeling when you mark a goal is huge. Kicks and corners remain the same which is quite a shame.

manual:
I tested the manual: for passes is quite demanding and application control. For strikes feels good manual including power and fire with R2.

Another thing:

- The heart is still in options
- You can make games 7,8,9,10 min
- The name coaches in screen formations (Conte for Juve and Mcquartier Manchester)
- The music in the menu pretty cool (an instrument)
- The sounds when something we are quite nice selects
- The tests were carried out on PS4 (no playable PS3 version
- Not able to give us new information, and suggestions, they read the different forums on the Internet

Here is my summary, I have tried to be as objective as possible, I hope you enjoy it, at least for me Day One.

In short the +: Fluidity: drool:, Gameplay, Emotions, Sensations
The -: Kicking off, presentation, guardians

Last edited:

And we are back at talking about code %. Seriously. Stop this nonsense. Tell if the game is good or not and don't bring code shit talk.

I take commentary will remain the same, crowds will again have only 3 or 4 chants on replay. Glad to hear that gameplay is better, but GKs being behind times is a problem they should address.

I agree with Temporaomores. The manchester-code 30-40%?? The E3-code was 60-70% !

Can't wait to see that new jinking run, I can't believe they haven't used once in any of the leaked footage we've seen. Makes you wonder why those guy are even invited by Konami as they don't really come across as hardcore or at least regular pes fans. (no build-up, ping-pong passing, fast-paced tempo, no particular desire to try the new stuff etc)

It is just my opinion don't jump on me, and sorry for my English.

Can't wait to see that new jinking run, I can't believe they haven't used once in any of the leaked footage we've seen.
The answer is simple: The guy who leaked the footage was not one of the better players who talked about it ;)

pes-2015-jinking-run.jpg

I found this picture from this website http://www.24matins.fr/ps4-pes-2015-se-montre-peu-pas-autant-prevu-108511 (Sorry, if it was already posted before.)

Played PES 2014 this morning

If people say goalkeepers are STILL a problem I am going to vomit because they just aren't anymore. Yes they can be tweaked to be a little more responsive to one on ones of which there are hardly any and yes they can react better to lose stray balls in terms of saving corners etc

But If they make them any better on PES 2014 we are going to have FIFAS supermen and i do not fucking want that please, please, please, please

GK are still a mess. They improved in some areas after the March patch, but are worse in others. Now they barely come of the line, they are slow to react to some shots close to the posts, especially against the CPU. And the CPU gk are clearly "forced" to save so balls. I played with advanced shooting and sometimes I just put so balls with so much force and placement, but the keeper saves it. Then you see the replay and there are a clear "acceleration" for him to get to the ball. Completely unrealistic.

This is an area that should be priority number one, giving the history, and all the reports are saying that they are still very bad on PES2015. I can make a great game, but if gk are so bad, it ruins the gameplay completely.

Keepers are good in PES 2014. They're definitely not a "mess." Keepers will be fine in PES 2015 also. Hopefully we see an improvement in keeper animations this year though.

Played PES 2014 this morning

If people say goalkeepers are STILL a problem I am going to vomit because they just aren't anymore. Yes they can be tweaked to be a little more responsive to one on ones of which there are hardly any and yes they can react better to lose stray balls in terms of saving corners etc

But If they make them any better on PES 2014 we are going to have FIFAS supermen and i do not fucking want that please, please, please, please

Real problem with GK in pes 2014 is that they stay on goal line way too much and never close out on attacker. 1 v goalkeeper situations is almout like a penalty shoot and very boring without any element of surprise or any opportunity of dribbling past gk/chip shot. Also individuality of gk's (except raw reflex strenght) is non existant, after playing game for a while you can notice same behaviour/positioning in every single gk you play against.

In some of older pes games and current fifa games you can see gk's reacting differently in exact same situation's making goal scoring more variable.

i didn notice these keeper glitches since 1.13 Patch, but just play against frinds WITHOUT HEART !!!

offline 1v1 since 1.13 i have no problems with the keepes!

You just want them to be perfect, which they are not, just like keepers in real life. Better animations are needed and they can be improved, but overall yes, they are good in PES 2014. Realistic scorelines are a direct reflection of how competent the keepers are. From my experience, I have no issues there.

Keepers are improved with the latest patches but there remains work to be done. I just want goalkeepers that act and react in a believable way, not perfection.

Keepers are improved with the latest patches but there remains work to be done. I just want goalkeepers that act and react in a believable way, not perfection.

Even on FIFA they are not perfect. People are exaggerating if they say FIFA keepers are superhuman.

Just check any FIFA goal compilation to see what I mean (not online goals though!).

They just react when they should in believable way. PES 2014 are glued to the line most of the time. Regarding results being realistic, sadly, when you try Firepatch on PC (which for me, is most fun patch for the game and quite big), you notice GK being borderline bad. The fair results occurred only due to catch up mechanism. Let this one go and goals galore is here.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PC) | Firepatch 5.1 Testing | Germany vs Portugal | HD

Like James I don't want them perfect in any way, but damn, make them believable, make shooting more natural and free, add animations to GKs so they react to new shooting mechanics. Those are basics...

Btw when will another news come? In August when Gamescom takes place or someone from KONAMI will spill the beans earlier? Both games went silent on news all of the sudden :(.

Last edited:

Keepers in FIFA 14 on the default slider are superhuman. It's only when you crank the slider down to nearly 0 thay they become somewhat believable.

Additional and improved animations will solve a lot of issues in PES, including the keepers.

Animations don't solve anything, it's the AI coding that does. FIFA's GKs are indeed better than PES but they still can't save a well placed shot. Regardless FIFA's keepers could be the worst ever and that wouldn't justify the pes 2014 mess.

Keepers in FIFA 14 on the default slider are superhuman. It's only when you crank the slider down to nearly 0 thay they become somewhat believable.

Additional and improved animations will solve a lot of issues in PES, including the keepers.

0 is an exaggeration, i have them set around 40, and is very satisfying scoring against them, but yes i do agree on default they are superhuman and unrealistic.

fifa on default overall isn't great to play until you tinker with the settings in all areas.

Last edited:

I can't stop laughing when people say PES goalkeepers are acting the way they do in real life, as in they also make mistakes. I have witnessed many times in PES 2014 that my goalkeeper isn't reacting or the ball goes through his hands etc etc.

Please don't delude yourself with bad goalkeeping scripting and real life mistakes. PES goalkeepers are a mess because KONAMI has no idea how to fix them. FIFA goalkeepers are miles better. Anyone saying PES goalkeepers are close to FIFA goalkeepers are just in denial.

Just accept the fact that they are going to be bad again, but slighly better than PES 2014 like many reviewers have mentioned in their articles. That way the pain will be bareable when you are confronted with this mess that has been going on since 2007.

0 is an exaggeration, i have them set around 40, and is very satisfying scoring against them, but yes i do agree on default they are superhuman and unrealistic.

fifa on default overall isn't great to play until you tinker with the settings in all areas.

It isn't an exaggeration. I've had mine set at 10 for months now, which I'm content with although I still think the keepers in general are too good. Still, wrong thread for that discussion.

Last edited:

Just accept the fact that they are going to be bad again, but slighly better than PES 2014 like many reviewers have mentioned in their articles. That way the pain will be bareable when you are confronted with this mess that has been going on since 2007.

I bet you're a miserable bastard to live with.:(

Back
Top Bottom