PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread

Keepers need more animations. When that happens, they can program more outcomes in shooting and ball physics. Is that a fair enough assumption? I'm no programmer (although I did make a horse racing game in Q Basic when I was 13-14 years old...). Pretty sure Adam mentioned something along those lines in a recent interview, i.e. that the new animations will allow for more possibilities.

I didn't buy PES 14 but I did watch a youtube game posted on the video thread about 2 weeks ago between Holland and Argentina. I noticed the same thing as I did in the demo - the keeper dives about a second after the ball has passed him. Does that still happen on the latest patch?

Anyway, animations are just as crucial to making a good gameplay as experience as AI logic. I don't care as much if scripting is taking place to make the keeper save a shot or make a mistake - but if the scripting is really evident due to a lack of animations or an unconvincing animation, then THAT is a gameplay immersion breaker.

Prime example is where you hit a nice shot and there are two possibilities:

1) keeper moves his feet then is fully outstretched and appears to bust a gut but the shot is too good. You feel like you earnt the goal and watch the replay over and over.

2) keeper falls on his side from his original position and no matter how well you hit the shot, you cringe upon watching the replay and the goal feels cheapened.

Possibility 2 I noticed a lot more on PES 2012 and 13. I thought there were some better animations on PES 2011. Hopefully they do implement a lot more for PES 2015.

This extends to shots that get saved also. They overuse the animation where a keeper plucks the ball out of the air with 2 hands fully extended. When a ball is hit that hard and the keeper has left the ground, there's no way he should be catching it!!! Tip it over, push it wide, whatever...just don't catch the thing!!

I can't stop laughing when people say PES goalkeepers are acting the way they do in real life, as in they also make mistakes. I have witnessed many times in PES 2014 that my goalkeeper isn't reacting or the ball goes through his hands etc etc.

Please don't delude yourself with bad goalkeeping scripting and real life mistakes. PES goalkeepers are a mess because KONAMI has no idea how to fix them. FIFA goalkeepers are miles better. Anyone saying PES goalkeepers are close to FIFA goalkeepers are just in denial.

Just accept the fact that they are going to be bad again, but slighly better than PES 2014 like many reviewers have mentioned in their articles. That way the pain will be bareable when you are confronted with this mess that has been going on since 2007.

:FAIL:

If they can bring the keepers back to what they were in 2013 although still a bit dodgy I can live with that, they were unacceptable in 2014. I prefer keepers that parry a bit too much then catch everything in sight.

Keepers need more animations. When that happens, they can program more outcomes in shooting and ball physics. Is that a fair enough assumption? I'm no programmer (although I did make a horse racing game in Q Basic when I was 13-14 years old...). Pretty sure Adam mentioned something along those lines in a recent interview, i.e. that the new animations will allow for more possibilities.

I didn't buy PES 14 but I did watch a youtube game posted on the video thread about 2 weeks ago between Holland and Argentina. I noticed the same thing as I did in the demo - the keeper dives about a second after the ball has passed him. Does that still happen on the latest patch?

Anyway, animations are just as crucial to making a good gameplay as experience as AI logic. I don't care as much if scripting is taking place to make the keeper save a shot or make a mistake - but if the scripting is really evident due to a lack of animations or an unconvincing animation, then THAT is a gameplay immersion breaker.

Prime example is where you hit a nice shot and there are two possibilities:

1) keeper moves his feet then is fully outstretched and appears to bust a gut but the shot is too good. You feel like you earnt the goal and watch the replay over and over.

2) keeper falls on his side from his original position and no matter how well you hit the shot, you cringe upon watching the replay and the goal feels cheapened.

Possibility 2 I noticed a lot more on PES 2012 and 13. I thought there were some better animations on PES 2011. Hopefully they do implement a lot more for PES 2015.

This extends to shots that get saved also. They overuse the animation where a keeper plucks the ball out of the air with 2 hands fully extended. When a ball is hit that hard and the keeper has left the ground, there's no way he should be catching it!!! Tip it over, push it wide, whatever...just don't catch the thing!!
I agree goalies really only catch tame efforts and crosses, but they also need to fix when an effort goes inches past the post the gk doesn't even dive like he knew it was going wide and also the superhuman double fisted punch that always goes out for a throw in

So PES 2015 will be a mixture of PES 2014, PES 2013 and PES 5.

I had hoped for a really new nextgen-beast.

So PES 2015 will be a mixture of PES 2014, PES 2013 and PES 5.

I had hoped for a really new nextgen-beast.

Hold ur horse son. U aint even seen it properly let alone play it. So how u kno that the way the game plays might knock us off our feet or something.

I bet you're a miserable bastard to live with.:(

I never understood the mentality of responding to critique with bait insults. If PES 2014 is amazing to you and keepers are awesome, great... you will have a great time with 2015. For those of us that can't stand the mess last years was, let us make our voices heard in hopes PES gets fixed.

Keepers need more animations. When that happens, they can program more outcomes in shooting and ball physics. Is that a fair enough assumption?

I don't think so. They can have all the animations in the world, if they can't program the GK AI to react in real time to the trajectory/power of the ball, it's gonna be the same mess. For example, in the banned PES 2015 video, you could see the GK going in to grab a long pass but instead he tosses it aside to the opponent's feet. The animation was great, the decision was god dam awful.

Keepers até not good in pes2014 , they look better because the shooting is a mess, and its directly linked to the goalkeeper reactions. Best example of that is the fact that if the shoot goes wide or near the post they dont atempt to get to it at all.

Despite lacking animations they had to program keepers separate from shooting, or if not possible at least mais them more beliaveble. In ps2 pés, the shooting was awesome and the keepers were preety good, not perfect not bad they were just correctly balanced

Last edited:

I don't think so. They can have all the animations in the world, if they can't program the GK AI to react in real time to the trajectory/power of the ball, it's gonna be the same mess. For example, in the banned PES 2015 video, you could see the GK going in to grab a long pass but instead he tosses it aside to the opponent's feet. The animation was great, the decision was god dam awful.

Fair enough. I didn't assume that logic was good but animations were holding it back, but it seems like the last couple of years had a lot less animation variety. Obviously they go hand in hand but I'm not sure what the issue has been given that they looked better a couple of years ago.

I agree goalies really only catch tame efforts and crosses, but they also need to fix when an effort goes inches past the post the gk doesn't even dive like he knew it was going wide and also the superhuman double fisted punch that always goes out for a throw in

Agreed. Like I implied or said before, there's nothing wrong with the keeper knowing the ball is going wide due to the game's scripting. How it's implemented through animations is what makes you accept it and say "cool, that looked realistic" vs "what the hell was the keeper doing?".

If I recall correctly, PES 2011 moreso and maybe 2012 had a keeper animation where he shuffled across the line with hands up as if to say "yep, I had that covered"...even if he didn't. That's acceptable and looks good. But to have the keeper show nothing and just stand there, then that is a problem.

I never understood the mentality of responding to critique with bait insults.

That's because you don't know the long distinguished history of the uber negative troll that is Enlil. For example, saying,
Just accept the fact that they are going to be bad again...
is not someone's critique, it's inaccurate and is trolling, for he cannot know the state of anything in PES 2015 at this point.

Last edited:

I bet you're a miserable bastard to live with.:(

I know the truth hurts....You are crying like Zeemeister. Another year with bad goalkeepers and there is nothing you can do about it. does it feel good, KONAMIS penis deep in your ass?

I guess calling someone a bastard for stating a fact is allowed here, So the mods won't mind mine reply.

That's because you don't know the long distinguished history of the uber negative troll that is Enlil. For example, saying, is not someone's critique, it's inaccurate and is trolling, for he cannot know the state of anything in PES 2015 at this point.

people like you only read what people write on the forums. most people attending E3 all said the goalkeepers were bad and you and Zeemeister crew are denying this. you guys are the trolls. It's amazing how far people go to defend a shit company that needs more than 8 years, cause this year the goalkeepers will be bad again, to fix the goalkeepers.

I know it's hard to swallow.

And o yeah, before i forget, those calling me a troll, not one of you have ever countered my arguments with arguments, only accusation of being a troll.

And o yeah, before i forget, those calling me a troll, not one of you have ever countered my arguments with arguments, only accusation of being a troll.

Being a troll according to netiquette is "being negative with no proof and seeking attention."

This does NOT apply to me and few others here. I played PES long enough to know the inside out of how it works and can see the problems NEW games come up with which were not there in the past or having things/modes removed.

I cannot accept this and I would like people to acknowledge this. But yeah, being called a troll is common around here. WENB became more open minded after Adam left... Just saying.

You are crying like Zeemeister. .

He is not crying. He is one of the most positive people on the forum.
You are in a discussion with somebody other and yet suddenly you implicate somebody who has never hurt you.

Why ?

Because he has a different opinion and you attach a negative connotation to his opinion.

Do you give arguments for for attaching a negative connotation to his oponion ? No you don't. Not a single.

Discussing things is all about having respect for people with different opinions.

And all this for a stupid video game. If you don't like PES, don't buy it, but leave the people who like it in peace...

There is another member here (Jimmy) who was always positive about PES. He doesn't like PES 2014, posted once about it and that was it...respect.for him...

Why do some people seem to be on a crusade about PES ? I really don't get it.

He is not crying. He is one of the most positive people on the forum.
You are in a discussion with somebody other and yet suddenly you implicate somebody who has never hurt you.

Why ?

Because he has a different opinion and you attach a negative connotation to his opinion.

Do you give arguments for for attaching a negative connotation to his oponion ? No you don't. Not a single.

Discussing things is all about having respect for people with different opinions.

And all this for a stupid video game. If you don't like PES, don't buy it, but leave the people who like it in peace...

There is another member here (Jimmy) who was always positive about PES. He doesn't like PES 2014, posted once about it and that was it...respect.for him...

Why do some people seem to be on a crusade about PES ? I really don't get it.

well said, cause in the end, its just a game that you either like or don't.
getting angry about it or insulting people because of it is just childish.

And of course it results in a ban for someone,who has also been warned about conduct here previously.

Being a troll according to netiquette is "being negative with no proof and seeking attention."

This does NOT apply to me and few others here. I played PES long enough to know the inside out of how it works and can see the problems NEW games come up with which were not there in the past or having things/modes removed.

I cannot accept this and I would like people to acknowledge this. But yeah, being called a troll is common around here. WENB became more open minded after Adam left... Just saying.

Many of us have been playing PES since its inception, and we do acknowledge it's glaring issues, but we do not troll. And I'm done with your trolling.

If WENB is your place to be then good for you. I'm going to give you a free one way ticket. No need to thank me :)

If any of you actually think Info0 AKA Tempoaramones is a troll then I'm genuinely sorry for you. Look at his channel. He has views on the game that many of you in here share. You guys are letting the language barrier carry this. After the way Zeemeister has gone after Info, I'm surprised only Info0 gets the brunt of this punishment. But alas, things are never as simple as they should be. The way this has been handled has left a bad taste, imo.

Last edited:

Fair enough, but it wouldn't make for a particularly good discussion forum if everyone did the same.

As long as they remove the defender catch-up, makes the game generally responsive and add a response delay after any shot/pass button is pressed, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

i would like to see with the NG consoles, implemention of a FM style stats with much more emphasis on mental stats than just simply technical.
Things like composure, anticipation, concentration should feature more heavily...
its what seperates average players from great players.

At one point they had leadership or mentality stats that made a difference when players were selected as captains. Then they took that off.

It otherwise, despite the implementation of PES ID, gives the players too much of a generic feel for my liking.

Last edited:

I agree ccfc... not even pace matters at the moment but a big strong striker makes the game easy mode almost regardless of the other stats.

Back
Top Bottom