PES 2014 Appreciation Thread

Is there a way I can upload adboards for the 2014 World Cup? I downloaded these: https://www.pes-patch.com/fifa-world-cup-adboards-by-majuh-final/ but the readme says "Copy the folder pes14_win_dat into your FileLoader directory" but I have no idea where this is. I only have Data and download folders.

I'd like to change all the stadium adboards to the World Cup ones and play friendlies, that way I can select a similar stadium and play day/night as historically accurate as I can. I think these might just change all International Cup adboards, but you are severely limited to match options that way.

If he is our @majuh ,maybe you are lucky..

Also I have no idea, I would love a pes2014 tutorial for starters, but what if those files are in the hidden section, program data files?

Additionally, from what I have understood, there was Kitserver for old pes up to 2013, and Sider for PES 2015 up to today.

What's the respective tool for pes2014?
The tool was called FileLoader back then: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/file-loader-v1-0-2-8.71748/

I think PES 2014 didn't have a DpFileList.bin in the download folder yet because the data packs were stored in that hidden ProgramData folder. So you would need to set up FileLoader and then follow my installation instructions: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/2014-...oards-definitive-final-update-released.73136/

The tool was called FileLoader back then: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/file-loader-v1-0-2-8.71748/

I think PES 2014 didn't have a DpFileList.bin in the download folder yet because the data packs were stored in that hidden ProgramData folder. So you would need to set up FileLoader and then follow my installation instructions: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/2014-...oards-definitive-final-update-released.73136/

Thanks @majuh! I'll take a look at that, your work is terrific.

Hi guys, I have decided to try the game combined with the PTE patch but I am getting the error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)".

The game loads fine with a clean install but I cannot get rid of this error after installing the PTE patch. I have also tried installing the Fire Patch by following the instructions posted by Chris but the same error appears. I would be grateful if someone who experienced this before could help me to solve this one. Thanks!

Hi guys, I have decided to try the game combined with the PTE patch but I am getting the error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)".

The game loads fine with a clean install but I cannot get rid of this error after installing the PTE patch. I have also tried installing the Fire Patch by following the instructions posted by Chris but the same error appears. I would be grateful if someone who experienced this before could help me to solve this one. Thanks!

Same here. I followed instructions step by step for Fire Patch but, at launch, this error appear.

hello, looks like the google drive links are dead for the patches. are there other links other than mentioned?

AFAIK, if you got (0xc0000142) error, you need to run the game as administrator, also try to exclude .exe from your Antivirus.

@kickitout94
What part does puzzle you?
It is gone years since last time i read it, but IIRC you just have to inject the DataPacks in program data "hidden folder", then hit the setup exe and you are ready to go.

@kickitout94
What part does puzzle you?
It is gone years since last time i read it, but IIRC you just have to inject the DataPacks in program data "hidden folder", then hit the setup exe and you are ready to go.
i wasn't too sure about deleting the data folder, also as you've mentioned about data packs, not sure whether i have to install all the data packs. I'll try and see if i do follow the instructions properly.

i wasn't too sure about deleting the data folder, also as you've mentioned about data packs, not sure whether i have to install all the data packs. I'll try and see if i do follow the instructions properly.
Again IIRC, the delete part was only of you had some previous part of PTE patch, IE you were to 1,5, and you wanted to install 1,6.

As for the DataPacks, I am not sure how they work exactly, but I am pretty sure I skipped some which I couldn't find anywhere, possibly 3 & 4, but I did not spot any issues.

Again IIRC, the delete part was only of you had some previous part of PTE patch, IE you were to 1,5, and you wanted to install 1,6.

As for the DataPacks, I am not sure how they work exactly, but I am pretty sure I skipped some which I couldn't find anywhere, possibly 3 & 4, but I did not spot any issues.
okay, because the links for the data packs are dead anyways

looks like i hit a roadblock with the 0xc0000142 error. haha. tried changing compatibility, disabled antivirus. lets see what more can be done.

as somebody else mentioned previously the above error, with regards to the PTE patch isn't with the patch in my opinion but rather with the game being in 32-bit. Atleast i can say that for certain. other than that i haven't found a solution yet.

i have just downloaded Fire Patch from the above given link (1.95GB).

but when extracting, its showing, split files are required.

But the link is of the single archive file.
please help.

For me PES 2014 is the best game after PES 6 (arcade-retro PES titles)...Personally i prefer the version 1.0.0 without any update patch because i think with the patches they destroyed the freedom of the game...So i prefer the version 1.0.0...
Btw it s easy to create patch for PES 2014 because of File Loader (great job by jenkey) and the facegen tool version 2.0 by TwistedLogic...With this tool you can create faces easy and faster...
PES title died now we will have a new type of football game the online football game, so i believe that computer gamers should now look at the older versions of PES. To play efootball online but they also have the option to play and create patches for their favorite old PES for play offline modes etc...
The consoles players are different because they have consoles so they should follow the new type of football games...

Last edited:
I've had heard about this PES a lot of times, hearing that it was a good game actually, yet had so bad fame. Got a copy from a friend and installed it out of pure curiosity. Play it 20 minutes. Was enough to realize this game is the best football game EVER MADE. Yes, it is not polished. Completely true. That does not take out the fact that it is, again, the best football game ever made. The one with most complexity, the closest one to real life, the one with best animation system.

Is that simple. This game is the Red Dead Redemption 2 of the football games.

Edit: I hope that community starts to investigate this game cause actually I heard that after several patches, the game was quite playable in the later stages, and having the most potential, it'd be nice if all the effort that has been put in to PES 2021, was put into PES 2014. All PES lovers would have a home to enjoy while we see the world burn with this eFootball shit.

Ok, I made some testing and found that the error is caused by the exe after applying the file loader to it, so that's why pesedit works (it apparently doesn't use fileloader). I used the original 1.16 exe and got to the game with all patches, but galaxypatch and PTE are both completely dependable on FileLoader, so by using the unaltered exe you're just playing the unpatched game. However, Fire Patch is a different story. I don't actually know why it uses the file loader altered exe, since it doesn't actually use fileloader, all things are made with cpk files and the edit save, like PESEDIT. Still, its altered exe also unlocks world challenge, so even tho I could load the game by using the unaltered exe, it couldn't load the edited data because it acted like I didn't have the dlc. This resulted in the cpk part of the patch being loaded, so kits, player faces, all of that, but the edited part not, so no updated transfers, wrong competition names and many dummy players, mainly in classic teams. So I thought, "I just need to find a cracked exe that unlocks the dlc", but the problem is that the ones I could find use the steam version of the game, which required some files that weren't present in the dvd version we're using. Ok, that was a problem, but I ended up finding a torrent of the steam version of the game with the world challenge dlc unlocked, so with that I just needed to install this version of the game, install the patch normally and then add the crack also present in the Torrent, replacing the exe that came with the patch and was effing everything, and voila, it actually worked! Apparently everything is working. I dont think I can link the torrent here, but if anyone wants to make the Fire Patch work and is getting the same error we did, I hope my experience can help.

The weirdest things still are why is the file loader version of the exe being installed by Fire Patch when it doesn't actually need it, why is this giving us errors when it works for some people (I searched and found that file loader was actually only updated to 1.12, but people made it work with the following versions by making some changes and adding the yair gameplay patch, and that's the exe that supposedly is being used by the Galaxy, Fire and PTE patches), and the weirdest one: It actually worked for me one random time, I was repeatedly trying to open the game with Fire Patch installed on the dvd version, and between the error, opening a white windo that stopped responding and not opening anything at all, it actually worked one time, but then it didn't anymore, so it's definitely something really weird happening that only someone with programming knowledge can look into. At least I now can play the Fire Patch with the method I described.

I've re-installed this game again (yep).

Is there any non-final PTE Patch version still available which is higher than 1.3?
I have the 1.3 version (which is based on the 2013-14 season) but it's not 100% complete (it misses Naval's kits for example)... And the 1.7 version posted by @slamsoze (thank you, by the way) is already covering the 14-15 season.

Anything in between (based on the 13/14 season but refined in comparison to the 1.3 one) would be great.

Tnank you! :)

I got it with the "no catch-up bug" installed and PESEDIT. and a kitserver for 60fps i thin.
But i think it doesn't make the game better with the last patch.
Probably will reinstall it as i got no idea how i put that little program to remove that change. I want to retry it as original as it was thinked with the last patch.
And removing that "bug" (thinkin more as a gameplay choice) without reconsidering others stuffs to keep the balance... I don't know.
I got more collision bugs between player vs the ball that i remember with it, and overall defense including keeper who were already a bit "off" seems even more lost when you do something out of the ordinary.

Well, just an info for all those that could not run the programm cause some .dll is missing. If you know which .dll it is, search it in Google, it is usually some R Visual C++ Redistributables, or vcredistx86 or vcredistx64, depending on your windows, usually windows 8.0 , and windows 10 has this issue, Windows 7 has the same sometimes, but it is more vesratile.

Usually those MS packages are around 2010-2015 vcredist. The years that x86 and x64 dll files started to be messed up. So try to find the VScredist you need and reinstall it, i just did this situation in a Windows 10 PC, for another application i had issue, it was not starting cause the msvcp100.dll and the msvcr100.dll were missing. Now i installed the MS packages from Microsoft download page, and the application is running.

I quote you an old message of mine from STEAM, back from 26/06/2017

Firstly have your windows system Updated (Silverlight,NET framework etc) .
Secondly and in my opinion the main reason of everything is the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable.I went form control panel/add-remove programs and repaired it many times,also you need to have efore this step, as i remember Microsoft Visual C++ : 2005,2008,2010,2012,2013,2014.

Last step and good checkpoint. If you can just open Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 (even if it starts but is does not running and you have only a white screen) without the error "missing dll" that causes the '.exe' to crash before launch,then you can also open Xenoverse 2.At least it worked for me.

P.S.1: Try every step, especially when you launch .exe applications either Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 or Xenoverse 2, and always choose "Run as Administrator"

P.S.2: During the instalation or fix of microsoft visual studio if you keep having errors that stop installation try to do the instalation with your antivirus switched-off for a while.

Chris has anyone done a PES 11 appreciation post if not is there any way someone could upload a iso and serial number providing its legal to do so
I feel like PES 2011 is my fav of all time but I might need a refresher for that claim.
  1. PES 2011
  2. PES 2013
  3. PES 2012
I would like to have that PES 11 appreciation post. Hell, all PES games, even PES 2021. It's unavailable for new players now. I have it but you may never know. It's delisted from sale so does Konami really care? I saw the fuss in VirtuaRed topic, it seems unlikely to have here. At least let's have PES 2013 and earlier discussed. Preservation and availability makes me feel good, even thought I'm not gonna use it.

I love this game dearly and really enjoy reading the collective rediscovery of it in this thread. The one thing that most kept me from enjoying it long-term, though, was that I could never get File Loader working correctly with it on my Macbook. (Wineskin doesn't like the jkgamer.dll, for some reason.) CPK-based mods are hard to come by, and I would love one with my home league MLS in it, so I'm wondering about converting a File Loader mod to .cpk files. Has anyone ever done this? Can it be done without losing your mind? Looking at PESGalaxy 3.0 I see the kit files would all need to be converted to .dds just to get started.

An update on this because I think it might be helpful to an earlier conversation: I decided to try the Fire Patch (great idea) and saw @Lucas Savicki's guidance in #263. The no-cd patch I used for the 1.16 .exe (I won't link here, but it's the first that comes up in search) included all but one of the needed Steam files; the other I found in a 1.05/DLC 4 no-cd for PES 2016. (Apparently the file isn't tailored to a particular game edition.) Downloading those two files would save a lot of hard drive space compared to another version of the full game, so I thought I would mention it.

Fire Patch is terrific, by the way. Now to figure out getting MLS kits into it and I'll be set!

Back
Top Bottom