PES 2014 Appreciation Thread

To install - download the ZIP, extract the files, mount the ISO (in Windows 10 you just right-click and click "mount").
Then go to Windows Explorer (the "folders" icon), go to the virtual CD drive it's created (called PES2014) and run setup.exe from there.

It will ask you for an install key at some point, which is included in a text file in the ZIP.

Once installed, and a mod patch is installed, a modded EXE will likely replace the original and you should no longer need the disc to be mounted - at which point, you can right-click on the virtual drive and click "eject" to unmount whenever you're done with it.

Many thanks for posting again.

Do I need to get a no-cd .exe from one of the patches? I mounted the iso, then installed but when I try to run from the installed vanilla .exe, it says I need to insert original CD/DVD (this is with it still mounted and also when ejected).

Many thanks for posting again.

Do I need to get a no-cd .exe from one of the patches? I mounted the iso, then installed but when I try to run from the installed vanilla .exe, it says I need to insert original CD/DVD (this is with it still mounted and also when ejected).
Most mods come with the no-DVD file you will need to play the game.

Full instructions available in this post: Click Here!

I'm trying to install a fresh PES 2014 using Chris's ISO and PESEdit 4.4, However i'm not sure where we get the datapacks from as per the instruction below?

"For PESEdit 4.4, you need to extract each DP in order and then stop at 6.0 - because it doesn't support 7.0 (and doesn't come with an EXE that can even access the content in there, i.e. the Road to World Cup style mode)."

EDIT - Ignore that, I missed them in the initial post, I'll try installing them up to 6.0 then i'll see what happens

( Edited by Chris to make it clear you've found the DPs in the post. :) )

@Anth James have i PMed you the PTE 14 patch? Did you tried it?

Sorry i am asking, but time has passed and i am from Huawei mobile, so cant access my google drive. :)

Last edited:
@Anth James have i PMed you the PTE 14 patch? Did you tried it?

Sorry i am asking, but time has passed and i am from Huawei mobile, so cant access my google drive. :)

can you share it here also? :)

pitty this game got forgotten, while people still mod games like pes 2010 (which is far more worse than this).

I'm utterly baffled, I've spent the last couple of days trying to install PES 2014, PESEdit 4.4 (Which actually installs DLC 6.10 & 1.13 exe automatically) And yet my game is just not reading my dp folders? I've had this version of PESEdit patch installed before and cannot figure out what's causing it.

The DLC's are installed as per below

dp.jpg

And in game it's reading it as 1.13 exe for some reason???

dp1.jpg

I'm utterly baffled, I've spent the last couple of days trying to install PES 2014, PESEdit 4.4 (Which actually installs DLC 6.10 & 1.13 exe automatically) And yet my game is just not reading my dp folders? I've had this version of PESEdit patch installed before and cannot figure out what's causing it.

View attachment 80779

View attachment 80780
Looks like dt500_4999999.cpk is missing. Possibly dt500_7999999.cpk as well but I'm not completely sure if that one is necessary

@MafiaMurderBag here's my DLC collection for PES 2014 if you think it could be useful:
https://mega.nz/file/gDYkTLpD#mq3ALcjvW2eh6Gn5sES90ZWHvlEsX_fdpAn6O22q95k

Keep in mind that they've not been downloaded from within the game but they've been downloaded from the usual sites (pes-patch, pesnewupdate and such) as the last time I re-installed the game the online support was already gone and I had not backed them up by time (I didn't remember they were stored in ProgramData back then)... But there should be all of them and they should be "clean".
I don't think there's the World Challenge one (I didn't buy the extension at the time, so I don't think I ever downloaded the DLC) and, if it's there, i's most likely locked.

@Chris Davies do you think it could be a good idea to create a "library" where we collect links (only clean ones like Mediafire/Mega/GDrive/OneDrive) to datapacks and languages for all the "old" games that aren't for sale anymore? I can provide many of them if needed. Maybe not all, but surely many.

Last edited:
@Chris Davies do you think it could be a good idea to create a "library" where we collect links (only clean ones like Mediafire/Mega/GDrive/OneDrive) to datapacks and languages for all the "old" games that aren't for sale anymore? I can provide many of them if needed. Maybe not all, but surely many.

sharemods.com is also good and free ;)

View attachment 80779

View attachment 80780
I also had this issue, but I've just done a fresh re-install but I turned my Anti-Virus off just in case of any conflicts and it's all good now

Thanks @Chris Davies and @Camaldinho - I've recently fallen in love with PES 2012-2014. Installing PES 2014 has been a bit tricky for me, however. I have copied all the DPs over to my data folder one by one and installed the latest PTE patch, but I cannot play a patch higher than 1.06, which says I have DP3 installed. I'm a bit of a noob at this stuff, so forgive me if I'm missing something, but does anyone have any advice?

Edit: Nevermind, I wasn't reading instructions properly and this one was a bit different than the others. Works beautifully, although now I'm too sleepy to play. Thanks to @Chris Davies and @Anth James for their help

Last edited:
One thing that I love about PES 2014 is the old-school power bar that I think they got from previous iterations.
Nowadays the power bar looks pretty dull for me. Do you guys know if it's possible to have it in PES 2021?

I keep having the same issue when trying to launch any patch with the 1.7 exe. I think it's coming from the JKgamer.dll. I keep getting this message - 'The application was unable to start correctly (oxcoooo142)'. Has anyone had this or managed to solve it? I've looked around online but none of the little fixes seem to work...

I keep having the same issue when trying to launch any patch with the 1.7 exe. I think it's coming from the JKgamer.dll. I keep getting this message - 'The application was unable to start correctly (oxcoooo142)'. Has anyone had this or managed to solve it? I've looked around online but none of the little fixes seem to work...
If it is about PTE. Can it work, if i upload my .exe and/or my .dll files, since the PTE patch is working in my PC?

If it is about PTE. Can it work, if i upload my .exe and/or my .dll files, since the PTE patch is working in my PC?
Yeah it’s PTE. We can give it a try, thanks man! I suspect it’s something on my pc, some kind of compatibility issue but worth a shot!

Yeah it’s PTE. We can give it a try, thanks man! I suspect it’s something on my pc, some kind of compatibility issue but worth a shot!
Ok i'll PM you the ZIPS in the afternoon. Usually, but i assume you know it better than me already, each time i had issue with dll.files, it was something with Windows Visual C++ Redistributable packages, at least in Windows 8/8.01.
On Windows 7 i had this issue once only. I made some fix installs of some vredist packages and the issue was resolved.

Ok i'll PM you the ZIPS in the afternoon. Usually, but i assume you know it better than me already, each time i had issue with dll.files, it was something with Windows Visual C++ Redistributable packages, at least in Windows 8/8.01.
On Windows 7 i had this issue once only. I made some fix installs of some vredist packages and the issue was resolved.
Ah that could be what it is possibly. It's strange that it only happens with the final update. Every other update runs fine. I have 64 bit windows and PES 2014 says 32 bit...could this have something to do with it maybe?

Ah that could be what it is possibly. It's strange that it only happens with the final update. Every other update runs fine. I have 64 bit windows and PES 2014 says 32 bit...could this have something to do with it maybe?
It is something about it, at general, it is supposed that all OS after Windows 7, messes 64-bit with 32-bit directories. That's all i know though, recalling my days of PC gaming. :P
Not sure and i don't want to say something that would be completelly BS.
I will give you the files and let's see what happens next... :)

I can play v1.16, but it requires at least 2-4 clicks before I can get past the "0xc0000142" error. Then it gives me an alert that my graphics card isn't good enough, but I can ignore and then start the game. Very weird.

It's a fun game, and I echo what many have said wishing they built on this version. There's two frustrating moments for me:
  • When you hit a through ball to your overlapping fullback, but he ignores the ball and lets it run out of bounds. And I almost always win back the ensuing throw-in.
  • This happens for me with 2013 as well, where the long pass doesn't always register who I'm trying to hit the ball too. Frequently, I try to play a long ball and let the power bar fill up, but it ends up hitting a lobbed pass to a closer teammate that is maybe 10 meters away.
I really enjoy the pressure each defender puts on you; it's hard to find space because of that and the midfields are congested. Overall, a great game.

I can play v1.16, but it requires at least 2-4 clicks before I can get past the "0xc0000142" error. Then it gives me an alert that my graphics card isn't good enough, but I can ignore and then start the game. Very weird.

It's a fun game, and I echo what many have said wishing they built on this version. There's two frustrating moments for me:
  • When you hit a through ball to your overlapping fullback, but he ignores the ball and lets it run out of bounds. And I almost always win back the ensuing throw-in.
  • This happens for me with 2013 as well, where the long pass doesn't always register who I'm trying to hit the ball too. Frequently, I try to play a long ball and let the power bar fill up, but it ends up hitting a lobbed pass to a closer teammate that is maybe 10 meters away.
I really enjoy the pressure each defender puts on you; it's hard to find space because of that and the midfields are congested. Overall, a great game.
For the lob pass u have to use L1(or the button used to change player) as well.

i actually just installed this andhad this problem. Running in win8 compatibility worked for me. Its an interesting game....

Is there a way I can upload adboards for the 2014 World Cup? I downloaded these: https://www.pes-patch.com/fifa-world-cup-adboards-by-majuh-final/ but the readme says "Copy the folder pes14_win_dat into your FileLoader directory" but I have no idea where this is. I only have Data and download folders.

I'd like to change all the stadium adboards to the World Cup ones and play friendlies, that way I can select a similar stadium and play day/night as historically accurate as I can. I think these might just change all International Cup adboards, but you are severely limited to match options that way.

Is there a way I can upload adboards for the 2014 World Cup? I downloaded these: https://www.pes-patch.com/fifa-world-cup-adboards-by-majuh-final/ but the readme says "Copy the folder pes14_win_dat into your FileLoader directory" but I have no idea where this is. I only have Data and download folders.

I'd like to change all the stadium adboards to the World Cup ones and play friendlies, that way I can select a similar stadium and play day/night as historically accurate as I can. I think these might just change all International Cup adboards, but you are severely limited to match options that way.
If he is our @majuh ,maybe you are lucky..

Also I have no idea, I would love a pes2014 tutorial for starters, but what if those files are in the hidden section, program data files?

Additionally, from what I have understood, there was Kitserver for old pes up to 2013, and Sider for PES 2015 up to today.

What's the respective tool for pes2014?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom