PES 2014 Appreciation Thread

Guys, I have created a package for enabling World Challenge for PESEdit Patch 4.4. For those installed PESEdit Patch 4.4, you may want to try it out.

https://mega.nz/file/fe4C0KjI#W7KSWRifhZTnkLfufpkxa5tAEXxy1ssiJkA_Ffhr6Ps

Installation steps
1. Install PESEdit Patch 4.4
2. Move "C:\ProgramData\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2014\download" inside the game folder (The default path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2014". After moving you will have "C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2014\download".)
3. Put the content in this "PESEdit 2014 Patch 4.4 Enable World Challenge.zip" zip file into the game folder. Overwrite the files when the Windows asks for it.
Thanks for this. I can't seem to get it to work though. Any steps missing that you can think of?

Brilliant work on this. Installed everything, just a little confused on where to place or install the catch up bug remover?
Here you go mate

Hi. I have tested the catch-up tool and it works fine, also it describes a 'player individuality' which I have noticed with players like Tevez, you are able to get past players well with his pace and strength.

I have PES 2014 on disk, So Installation is likely to be the same if you download PES 2014 from above...

To install
Run the Tool
Click open and find your original exe and press open
Now back to the tool and click patch
Go back to your original PES 2014 directory and you should have two exe files. One called pes2014 and pes2014 without CATCHUP
Go ahead and delete the original PES 2014 and rename the new exe to 'pes2014' so that your patch has no problems booting up the exe
And you're done

Here you go mate
Here you go mate

Thanks bud. I tried that but it did not seem to create another .exe. It says on the link that the version is 1.13 which has led me to think that it does not work with 1.16?

Anyways really enjoying the free passing and build up play on this one. It has been said before many times, but PES would have been phenomenal if they used PES 14 as the foundation for later iterations.

I've come back to this again and enjoying it even more than the last time around.

I downloaded the File Loader to create a custom broadcast camera, LOD adjustment, enhanced responsiveness through the tool and topped it off with 4K resolution and a little bit of a reshade and this game really looks and plays well. It's not perfect but man these 10 guys on the other team actually preventing me from running across the field really makes quite a difference:D.

I played PES 2020 for the first time in ages the other day and I turned it off after about 5 minutes. The AI is horrible - so rigid, getting dragged every which way from runs, so robotic. 2014 is more realistic and enjoyable by a long way in my opinion.
One of few games that has a tight midfield ,and pretty tough to get through it.
Got a bit surprised by that after playing pretty much all Pes games and FIFA 14-20.
This one stands out

Having spoken to the other mods about this...

Firstly - we do not advocate piracy of any currently available titles. Forum rules state this pretty clearly. If a game is available to purchase legally (excluding second-hand sales as these don't benefit the publishers / developers anyway), we will not allow discussion on how or where to illegally download those games, nor how to bypass their copy protection, nor any similar subject matter other than general discussion and (of course) modding discussion.

However - as is the case with "classic" titles like PES5 & PES6, as those games are no longer for sale, and this is a enthusiasts' community where we look back through all previous PES games for retro-lovin' reasons, we do allow discussion of these games, including posts containing non-site-hosted links where you can download these older games, and any necessary "no-DVD" EXE files in order to allow modded content to appear in the game. These games are considered "abandonware" (where the publisher no longer distributes the titles for sale, and where the developer no longer supports those titles, and has turned off the servers for necessary data-pack downloads and online play).

With that in mind... For anyone who would like to install the game on PC and have a play around with it...

I've uploaded PES 2014 to a Google Drive, so nobody has to go through dodgy links to find it - click here to access it.

To install - download the ZIP, extract the files, mount the ISO (in Windows 10 you just right-click and click "mount").
Then go to Windows Explorer (the "folders" icon), go to the virtual CD drive it's created (called PES2014) and run setup.exe from there.

It will ask you for an install key at some point, which is included in a text file in the ZIP.

Once installed, and a mod patch is installed, a modded EXE will likely replace the original and you should no longer need the disc to be mounted - at which point, you can right-click on the virtual drive and click "eject" to unmount whenever you're done with it.

Then:

If you want to get stadiums working with the Fire Patch:

To remove catch-up issues (and increase individuality):

Have fun - and upload some videos if you enjoy your time with it!
[/QUOTE
Hi thanks for updating this.. i have followed everything but I keep getting wrong disc.. and it won't load.. any ideas why? Thanks

i have attempted to install the fire patch data exe but i dont think it worked so would that be the problem?

Hi everyone, does anyone know where I could buy this at a reasonable price for PS2? I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to track it down since its one of the few PES games that has my team (Motherwell!) on it, and seems to be very rare.

Any decent World Cup patches for pes 2014? Doesn’t seem like it got much attention on that front...
I think PTE made the most polished one but all the links are dead, There's a couple of World Cup stadiums here and there but no patch seems to have a comprehensive list of them it seemed.

But you're right, Nobody really seemed to bother much with this game at the time, I searched exhaustively for WC 2014 patches and mods for this game before settling on PES 2013 instead. Seems like the fact that it was on a new engine at the time made it difficult for modders to add what they wanted not to mention the game not being well received at the time probably drove half the modding community away.

I think PTE made the most polished one but all the links are dead, There's a couple of World Cup stadiums here and there but no patch seems to have a comprehensive list of them it seemed.

But you're right, Nobody really seemed to bother much with this game at the time, I searched exhaustively for WC 2014 patches and mods for this game before settling on PES 2013 instead. Seems like the fact that it was on a new engine at the time made it difficult for modders to add what they wanted not to mention the game not being well received at the time probably drove half the modding community away.
No, the problem was that KONAMI promised a data pack including the world cup squads, but it wasn't released on PC first. Everybody was waiting for that data pack, and when it finally arrived on PC, the world cup was almost over already.

If you could post the 14 PTE patch, final version that would be great!
Give some time to remove PTE 2016 and I will upload PTE2014.

Only a questiin cause I am Google-boob.
How can I make the links completely public accessible like all the others do here? . Ause last time with @vinniej ,i needed to send him a link in his Gmail, then he clicked on it then I received an email and gave him authorization to access and then he downloaded.

If you know what am I doing wrong and my G-drive uploads are not 100% public, please notice me.

I am going babies to kindergarten and in hlone hour i start upload.

Give some time to remove PTE 2016 and I will upload PTE2014.

Only a questiin cause I am Google-boob.
How can I make the links completely public accessible like all the others do here? . Ause last time with @vinniej ,i needed to send him a link in his Gmail, then he clicked on it then I received an email and gave him authorization to access and then he downloaded.

If you know what am I doing wrong and my G-drive uploads are not 100% public, please notice me.

I am going babies to kindergarten and in hlone hour i start upload.
Thanks man, appreciate it. So if you right click on the folder and go to 'Get Link' I think you just change to the right to 'Anyone with this link' and then the link should allow anyone to access it.

Thanks man, appreciate it. So if you right click on the folder and go to 'Get Link' I think you just change to the right to 'Anyone with this link' and then the link should allow anyone to access it.
47minutes t0 g0..

I appreciate dude, if someone else can help preserve those files, cause I have have only in one external HDD and in my laptop.

Some better than me with all those mumbo-jumbo DolbybAtmos SSD super high end RTX, is more safe to have them and multiback up them.

@Anth James i am playing with settings, I uploaded the 16pte patch again, in 2016 topic. Can you check if it is available to anyone? I marked the setting "access to whoever has the link"

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2016-news-discussion-thread.75108/post-3611556

Also another question. How do you create here in the forum, posts that are protected to outsiders, like react to this topic to see content or reply to this topic to see content?

Last edited:
Ah this thread is bringing back memories. I IOVED 2014, one of the few post PS2 PES' I played the whole year.

Clearly it had its flaws, the responsiveness was an issue, although not as bad as people made out, and if I remember rightly they patched the hell out of it and improved it. Iirc the shooting from distance was also nigh on impossible but I did score the odd screamer!

However, the MASS system was revolutionary and I cannot for the life of me understand why they moved away from it a year later. The way weight, body position and balance affected the game was genuinely incredible. You could take a player out of the game by just shifting away from where their weight was, it added a whole new dimension. Not to mention how strength became more than just a stat. Body position, balance and strength all factored into the battle for the ball.

It was such a strange move from Konami, they made something truly impressive albeit with faults and were applauded for it. Then they decided to essentially remove everything good for 2015 and go back to a "safe" game.

Going to dust off the PS3 and fire this up at the weekend.

Last edited:
In a cruel twist of fate, my PS3 isn't reading discs 😩. Cleaning disc arriving tomorrow but I'm not holding out much hope.

Playing the demo has confirmed to me how good a game this was though. Really hope I get to play the full thing over the weekend.

Last edited:
I played the leaked demo not so long ago and I was surprised by how good it felt compared to the release version, I can't believe how they screwed the game and felt so sluggish and unresponsive. A shame because I really believed great things by the potential the game had, unfortunately things didn't go much better in these last years.

I had to remove it to make room in my Google Drive for some work stuff. :(

Happy to reupload somewhere but I'm not sure what the easiest place to store it is (and where it's free to upload) - any ideas?

mediafire folder, mega folder or another google account drive folder :)

Happy to reupload somewhere but I'm not sure what the easiest place to store it is (and where it's free to upload) - any ideas?

Did you ever re-upload this? :PRAY: I thought I'd downloaded it last summer but it seems not.

MEGA is the easiest and fastest way. And you can put it also in another DRIVE for the people whom countries don't allow MEGA

Hello guys.......

I am new to the PES community.

I really wanna play PES14 on my PC.
But cannot find a way through.
Please help me with the installation of PES14 (including everything).

Please provide the links.

Back
Top Bottom