PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I agree - but at the moment player's on PES who don't use their weak foot somehow have this weird animation to force them onto their preferred foot even though they should hit it with their weak foot, no matter how bad the shot will be.

Not 100% sure what canned means but it was delayed a full week. And only Suffwan going (due to the date). Hoping this means they're getting a newer build than the E3 one.

Sorry, canned just means cancelled or delayed indefinitely. :))

Is the reason for the delay due to the availability of a newer build next week?

Edit - I know you kind of answered this, just wondered if there was any inside info.

Didn't somebody say that somebody was going to release a gameplay video, albeit an unofficial one, but it was scraped because it was an old build?

Not sure. Pretty much granted we won't get a gameplay vid until then, but I think we'll get some news before that.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. Konami will probably release a few details and we'll get some more impressions, but nothing substantial until August.

I hope not as the PES2012 news has been very well received so far. Konami should keep the momentum and interest levels high rather than going silent for weeks at a time.

We got a lot last year, I remember a Germany V Holland Gameplay video around this time or something, We then also had that 7 minute video of all the new stuff.

Could log-out until October and unravel all the new implementations and features while I play through. Weren't it PES 6 that didn't even have a demo?

COULD do that, obviously won't though.

Jon talked about atmosphere improvement. i hope this also means better commentary. Last year they stated that Jon and beglin went into the studios and recorded more lines. i hope this year it will be noticeable. Or just get rid of them.

Your best bet is to turn off the commentary again. I can't imagine how much better it can be after a year but it's so far away from good that i couldn't imagine it being any further away. I've never really enjoyed the Fifa main game commentary either. Repetitive to the nth degree.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that they'll struggle to make decent English commentary for it unless they 'Americanise' it. It's just not fluent and interesting whereas in games like NBA 2K11 and MLB 11 The Show the commentary just flows so well. Fifa's commentary does manage to flow well but it just isn't interesting IMO. I really think it's just because it's hard to capture the British concept of commentary in games. It's left me with the notion that it's an inherent problem of trying to capture the atypical commentary that we usually hear of British commentary. It's probably why i enjoy turning on the Spanish and other Latin countries commentary because after all it's just exciting. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL GOOOOOOOOOOOLLLOOO GOOOOOOOLLL.

Last edited:
It's easier to be excited by commentary that is novel or silly. The south American way of commentating is not really any different to the commentary in ISS Deluxe - it's just funnier. American commentary is convincing because it's in an American accent and it's excitable. English commentary is a lot more familiar though, and because it isn't trying to be zany it requires a lot more effort to get bang on.

It's easier to be excited by commentary that is novel or silly. The south American way of commentating is not really any different to the commentary in ISS Deluxe - it's just funnier. American commentary is convincing because it's in an American accent and it's excitable. English commentary is a lot more familiar though, and because it isn't trying to be zany it requires a lot more effort to get bang on.

what about kabira?

Who's that Mexican dude who has his trademark

GOL .. GOL .. GOL .. GOL .. GOL .. GOL .. GOL .. GOL .. GOL .. GOL .. GOL

he shouts it in a strange way. I love it's hilarious!!

Back
Top Bottom