PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I know what happened with me when I got promoted to the EPL is that the really good sides I could match for 20-30 mins but then their class would shine. But they didn't park the bus - rather pin me back in my own half. I drew some games against teams equal to me when I should really have won. But that was partly down to my squad and partly down to my formation/tactics.

Haven't played it in a couple of weeks as I'm trying to finish GTA IV and win a Euro 2012 cup.

Can someone tell me is PES 2012 only getting a lor of hate for the single plaeyr game.

Cause recently I been playing my mate at 2 player and its fun as hell and addictive.

1 v 1 is really good. 1 vs the AI can be really good but some people find it more bad than good most of the time.

Especially compared to older PS2 pes games?

And compared to FIFA 12.

Must admit i like fifa 12 single but have been enjoying this at my mates 1v1 human

I became a little disillusioned with Superstar with my Liverpool team, things were getting a little samey etc. I could 'master' Superstar to a degree, but wasn't comfortable in the way that I was playing the game to engineer the wins.

Couple of days ago started a new ML with Bordeux on Professional zero assists, and must say I'm enjoying the whole package once again.

I know what happened with me when I got promoted to the EPL is that the really good sides I could match for 20-30 mins but then their class would shine. But they didn't park the bus - rather pin me back in my own half. I drew some games against teams equal to me when I should really have won. But that was partly down to my squad and partly down to my formation/tactics.

Didnt find this at all.

Only difference between the top teams and weaker ones, were that the best were more clinical in front of goal. I find it difficult to comprehend how its possible to have less possession then the CPU at the end of the game tbh.

I never have less possession than the CPU. I don't think I said that...if I implied it that's not what I meant sorry.

But agains the better teams a lot of my possession is in my half and not in their final third, where you're camped outside their penalty area. And that's if I'm playing my usual style of passing it out from the back.

Maybe EPL clubs are set out to be more attacking than those in the Portuguese league, I'm not sure, but I've found the opposite, I actually have more possession than I did against lesser Div2 teams because the AI so readily sits deep, much deeper than lesser teams do.

That said, they press far more too, to a crazy level actually, which also forces me into passing the ball around at faster speeds, which I also don't like.

The pressing is pretty much the biggest killer and annoyance in this game. Its ridiculous how a centre forward will chase you 50 yards to recover the ball, be twice as fast as your ball carrier and win the tackle. thats on top of the cpus other players swarming you.

Also the broadcast camera angle...i love it, but by jiminy, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to change angles and directions when it switches in the corners?? the amount of cockups and lost possesions from this alone is insane, but theres no way to switch it off. i mean its such a bad idea. Once you get into those areas they are the most dangerous for creating goals from crosses yet the camera doesnt allow you to see the field.

Bad decisions there.

Completely blue and the other orange/red ? How's that ? How can this afect gameplay an the way CPU play ? :CONFUSE:

If the cpu starting 11 is completely on orange/red form and mine on mostly blue on starting lineup that's not realistic and i think that influences gameplay 'cheating' as well.

If the cpu starting 11 is completely on orange/red form and mine on mostly blue on starting lineup that's not realistic and i think that influences gameplay 'cheating' as well.

Come on brother, you have rights to disagree with me, but there's no need to be sarcastic and even disrespectful to my opinion.

Come on brother, you have rights to disagree with me, but there's no need to be sarcastic and even disrespectful to my opinion.

I don't think he was. I understand English is your second language so I thought you might appreciate a native-speaker's take on it, there was definitely no disrespect or sarcasm directed at you. :))

I don't think he was. I understand English is your second language so I thought you might appreciate a native-speaker's take on it, there was definitely no disrespect or sarcasm directed at you. :))

Ok. I hope it was a misunderstanding (my fault)..

Hes talking about the condition arrows on the player. When they are red the player is in exceptional form, when purple they are terrible.

At the beginning of the game in exhibition they are set to random but you can tweak between excellent and terrible with other options in between.

Ive tried this with my team excellent and cpu terrible. Their shooting is generally poor and keeping worse.

Hes talking about the condition arrows on the player. When they are red the player is in exceptional form, when purple they are terrible.

At the beginning of the game in exhibition they are set to random but you can tweak between excellent and terrible with other options in between.

Ive tried this with my team excellent and cpu terrible. Their shooting is generally poor and keeping worse.

Ohhh...now I know what he meant.. My apologize!!!:SHOCK::LOL:

:EMB:

You meant those physical condictions indicators pre-match like there was in ISS back in the day on super nes, right ? I hardly notice these on pes nowadays... actualy i forgot they still exist.

Last edited:
Haha this is hilarious, I've tried to embark further on my second ML season in the top league and it's bordering on unplayable. It's brutal, unfair, unrelenting, and unrealistic. From what I've experienced, I'm still not losing games because I'm being outplayed, more that the game is managing to handicap me in any way possible.

I've won 1, drawn 3, lost 6 of my opening 10 matches. And I can honestly say that there isn't one single match out of all ten matches where I was second best, not one where I deserved to lose, and pretty much not one match out of those ten that I didn't deserve to win. I don't mind losing, but I don't like losing 100% of the time against the run of play and I don't like 100% of the time getting mugged off by the game.

Like Dryzer said, It's brutal, , crucifying, unfair, and completely ignores any kind of real world physics in terms of pressing and stamina. I had an absolute blast playing my first ML season and was really looking forward to having a first season struggle in the top league until I could build up my squad, but fuck me, I never expected to get dicked over literally week after week after week with unjust results. I've never seen a game like it. Whoever plays this on a higher setting than this must be either supremely talented at games or a total fucking masochist.

Last edited:
yup had same thing, managed not to bad but found regular more fun and more 'balanced', thats what i play on and feel its bout the best imo

Just played another ML match, dominated, took the lead, then the CPU had one attack, a really weak header that slowly rolled towards my goal, and my keeper inexplicably just fell to the ground and let it roll past him. Meanwhile, up the other end, their keeper pulled off some frankly superhuman saves, I missed two one-on-one's with their keeper thanks to the shooting making my player hit the ball into the centre of the goal when I CLEARLY pulled directly up on the stick before, during and after the shot. I despair.

I've simply never played anything so outrageously designed to fuck the human player over. It's too brutal.

I hate this game as much as I love it, it's bizarre. Also bizarre, is my seemingly morbid fascination with trying to beat it. Maybe I should just be content with getting a team largely with default ML players promoted in the first place.

Last edited:
...Its ridiculous how a centre forward will chase you 50 yards to recover the ball, be twice as fast as your ball carrier and win the tackle...

Why did you hold onto the ball for that long that a player could run 50 yards to disposess you :P

Some forwards have that tracking back card or whatever it's called. Had someone msg me during a game apologising for all the crazy chasing down and said his player was doing it automatically. Rooney is the only guy I remember with that card but I'm sure there's a few other that have it.

Right now i wish to know something.

Buy PES2012 or wait for PES2013?

And other question, i download the pes2012 demo for ps3 and i want to know how good (or bad) the game plays after the last patch?

not played pes2012 for over a month due to ps3 breaking have finally got a new one because i had the fore sight to take out extended warranty.
so have been playing pes6/we10 fully patched ps2 games i will tell you what a joy it was brilliant.
any way got my new ps3 stuck pes 2012 in and it istantly hits you what a blatant scripted cheating shambles of a game it is. hit its you full in the face. because it could be so much better i will tell you pes6/we10 fully patched with pes3 grahics would be absolute heaven.
with this game pes2012 you never really feel in control online or offline
the AI of players on your team or stupid running away from the ball standing still etc etc the player switching in the ps2 days was far far better than it is on the ps3 be hopes they fix the basic issues on pes2013
because if not i will not be parting the best part of £30 quid for it NO WAY!!!!!!!

Is there some sort of volley modifier? sick of constant headers when volleys could of been done.

Also, any tips on how to get the ball higher when doing a Shoot + R2 shot? I cant get the ball high compared to FIFA's finesse shots.

not played pes2012 for over a month due to ps3 breaking have finally got a new one because i had the fore sight to take out extended warranty.
so have been playing pes6/we10 fully patched ps2 games i will tell you what a joy it was brilliant.
any way got my new ps3 stuck pes 2012 in and it istantly hits you what a blatant scripted cheating shambles of a game it is. hit its you full in the face. because it could be so much better i will tell you pes6/we10 fully patched with pes3 grahics would be absolute heaven.
with this game pes2012 you never really feel in control online or offline
the AI of players on your team or stupid running away from the ball standing still etc etc the player switching in the ps2 days was far far better than it is on the ps3 be hopes they fix the basic issues on pes2013
because if not i will not be parting the best part of £30 quid for it NO WAY!!!!!!!

Have to say, I sneakily put PES 6 with one of the latest option files on my PC yesterday, and....it's absolutely brilliant lol. It's exactly how I remember it in terms of gameplay, and the colours, collisions, physics, stadia...just everything, was superb. Oh the glory days.

LOL I just lost my fourth ML match in a row, and my coach appears on screen saying "I think we need to go back to the drawing board. I'll tell you why we lost" or something along those lines.

I'll fucking tell you why I lost. I lost because the CPU had eleven men behind the ball, making it impossible to thread any passes into their penalty area without resorting to some stupid-ass formation you see online with six forwards or something. I can't have a balanced formation and tactics because the CPU doesn't allow for it. I work the ball into my penalty area and I have two forwards in there surrounded by 10 or even 11, yes eleven, defending players. That's cringeworthy. Embarrassing.

So, yep, I go 1-0 down because for one attack, my two CB's automatically run left and right creating a massive gaping hole down the middle as their AM runs through towards the penalty area, leaving him an easy shot on goal. It's amazing. He has my defence literally run away from the ball opening up a deserted penalty area for him to walk into, yet the CPU somehow manages to arrange it so that it's own defence sits with a bank of 11 players all tightly linking arms in it's own penalty area.

Oh, and the main reason why I lost, was that I finally found myself just once, with a player through on goal, in the last five minutes. I play the through ball, Shimizu runs diagonally onto the through pass...I move the direction stick to make him run onto the ball, it doesn't respond. He's almost kind of 'stuck' in some kind of rail or locked in an animation and I can't move him across two feet to control a through ball and only have the keeper to beat. So he jogs aimlessly and the ball rolls past him safely to a CPU defender, I yet again lose 1-0 despite having 62% of the ball and, I'd wager, probably 80% of the play taking part within 15-20 yards of their penalty area.

The game in ML against weaker, Div2 opponents felt balanced, but go up a level against so-called 'better' teams, and the game plays like shit. Really bad. I'm not talking about difficulty, or cheating AI, just shit, unrealistic, arcade fast gameplay. The CPU makes the better teams in my ML ping-pong passes at 100mph as if you were playing an exploiter online, there are constantly massive holes in the midfield for you to play the ball around because they're all sitting in their own penalty area, my word it's bad. The CPU seems to have physically dominant players no matter what team it is, with limitless stamina, instant ball control, bizarrely fast turning circles, and amazing vision. Remarkable.

I guess that's my ML campaign in the bin then, I loved it back in Div2, but go up a level and it plays like arcade, high speed trash. Very very similar to playing online, in fact.

Roll on PES2013. I hope it's nothing like this at all. I suppose the straw that broke the camel's back was seeing, in the last minute of the game, a CPU player facing his own goal, have a fast moving ball roll across his body, yet he managed to somehow hit an inch-perfect 50 yard through-ball to a forward with his back-heel, all while facing the wrong way.

Realistic? What a load of bollocks.

I really hope Konami take 2013 back to some kind of realism. There are plenty of context-based physics going on when you are on the ball that are realistic, certainly compared to FIFA, but that doesn't apply to the CPU in this game.

Last edited:
LOL I just lost my fourth ML match in a row, and my coach appears on screen saying "I think we need to go back to the drawing board. I'll tell you why we lost" or something along those lines.

I'll fucking tell you why I lost. I lost because the CPU had eleven men behind the ball, making it impossible to thread any passes into their penalty area without resorting to some stupid-ass formation you see online with six forwards or something. I can't have a balanced formation and tactics because the CPU doesn't allow for it. I work the ball into my penalty area and I have two forwards in there surrounded by 10 or even 11, yes eleven, defending players. That's cringeworthy. Embarrassing.

So, yep, I go 1-0 down because for one attack, my two CB's automatically run left and right creating a massive gaping hole down the middle as their AM runs through towards the penalty area, leaving him an easy shot on goal. It's amazing. He has my defence literally run away from the ball opening up a deserted penalty area for him to walk into, yet the CPU somehow manages to arrange it so that it's own defence sits with a bank of 11 players all tightly linking arms in it's own penalty area.

Oh, and the main reason why I lost, was that I finally found myself just once, with a player through on goal, in the last five minutes. I play the through ball, Shimizu runs diagonally onto the through pass...I move the direction stick to make him run onto the ball, it doesn't respond. He's almost kind of 'stuck' in some kind of rail or locked in an animation and I can't move him across two feet to control a through ball and only have the keeper to beat. So he jogs aimlessly and the ball rolls past him safely to a CPU defender, I yet again lose 1-0 despite having 62% of the ball and, I'd wager, probably 80% of the play taking part within 15-20 yards of their penalty area.

The game in ML against weaker, Div2 opponents felt balanced, but go up a level against so-called 'better' teams, and the game plays like shit. Really bad. I'm not talking about difficulty, or cheating AI, just shit, unrealistic, arcade fast gameplay. The CPU makes the better teams in my ML ping-pong passes at 100mph as if you were playing an exploiter online, there are constantly massive holes in the midfield for you to play the ball around because they're all sitting in their own penalty area, my word it's bad. The CPU seems to have physically dominant players no matter what team it is, with limitless stamina, instant ball control, bizarrely fast turning circles, and amazing vision. Remarkable.

I guess that's my ML campaign in the bin then, I loved it back in Div2, but go up a level and it plays like arcade, high speed trash. Very very similar to playing online, in fact.

Roll on PES2013. I hope it's nothing like this at all. I suppose the straw that broke the camel's back was seeing, in the last minute of the game, a CPU player facing his own goal, have a fast moving ball roll across his body, yet he managed to somehow hit an inch-perfect 50 yard through-ball to a forward with his back-heel, all while facing the wrong way.

Realistic? What a load of bollocks.

I really hope Konami take 2013 back to some kind of realism. There are plenty of context-based physics going on when you are on the ball that are realistic, certainly compared to FIFA, but that doesn't apply to the CPU in this game.
mate you would probably benefit greatly from buying a PC to play this game, if that is not possible is there anyway to get a friend to play with you in your ML campaign? I find that fun as hell with my buddies, even sometimes three on a side...

Probably wouldn't make any difference, I've for sure, finally, had it with this now. It's fucking outrageous.

I just lost yet another game 2-0 when I spent the entire match camped in their final third of the field, their formation had five across their back four and THREE holding midfielders almost holding hands with the central defenders. Total joke.

I still created chances though, I missed no fewer than three one-on-ones with their keeper, not that they were my fault, I aimed to shoot into the corner very, very deliberately, and each time the shot went straight down the middle of the fucking goal and straight at the keeper. Another good chance, the right-hand side of the goal was gaping, I aimed directly up on the stick, pressed shoot, kept 'up' on the direction stick. I thought to myself "oh no, that's gonna go way wide of the right hand post" only to see to my astonishment that it went in the completely opposite side of the goal as if I were pushing directly down on the stick, and straight at the keeper again.

The shooting in this game is completely fucked. Broken.

Oh, then with their first attack, they aimlessly pumped a long ball into my box, my keeper ran out to catch the ball as it bounced, ran completely under the ball, leaving their striker with an open goal from three yards. Brilliant.

I then had a late chance yet again, I tapped shoot for a soft shot into the corner, at about 10% of the power bar used, and for some reason my striker smashed the ball high and wide. Can someone who thinks the shooting is fine with this game then please explain why clear and deliberate shots go central, and why under-charged shots randomly fly off at 100mph and about eight miles in the air? The game just does what it wants.

I know I'm moaning a lot, but I'm just absolutely amazed at the rubbish I'm experiencing. Dominating EVERY league match I play, every single one, random stuff happening to my shooting that previously in the lower divisions didn't happen at all, and now I'm losing every game to a sucker punch from a frankly embarrassingly, shitty, broken, comedy goal that the CPU benefits from.

The game before that, I raced into a 3-1 lead with 20 minutes to go. Brilliant! I'm then comfortably seeing out the match when, not for the first time, one of my players is instructed to hit a short, careful, soft pass to a nearby team-mate under no pressure at all. Instead, he smashes the ball straight out of play. Why? I'll never know. Next, the CPU takes the throw, hits an instant 360 turn-pass about 20 yards, some guy then hits the post with a 30 yard shot. There are five of my defending players in front of goal, one attacker, the ball rebounds off the post to the one CPU attacker, straight to his foot, and he scores. Three minutes later, my player gets absolutely scythed down on the halfway line, no free-kick. Seconds later, the ref gives a FK against me for lightly brushing into the side of a player without even pressing a button. As far as refs are concerned, it's practically a non-contact sport when trying to win the ball off the CPU. Anyways, from the free-kick, they win a corner when I made my defender head the ball away from goal but for no reason the ball travelled in the complete opposite direction off for a corner. From the corner, I track the runner, press the button to jump and head the ball away, he just stands there, the CPU powers it into the net. 3-3, and fuck all I could do about it. I watch the replay, their one player in the box from the corner attacked the ball, three men all around him on my team stood there like lemons and did nothing. Yet again, despite me trying to do something about it.

It's like this every single game. Fail to score a goal, I'll lose 1-0 to a comedy goal. If I go 1-0 up, I'll lose 2-1 or draw 1-1 far in excess against the run of play. If I go 3-1 up, the CPU manages two dubious goals to draw 3-3. And so on. I've never seen anything like it.

Last edited:
Right now i wish to know something.

Buy PES2012 or wait for PES2013?

And other question, i download the pes2012 demo for ps3 and i want to know how good (or bad) the game plays after the last patch?

My advice: Wait for PES 2013.

I like PES 2012 now after patch 1.03 and 1.06, but it is a highly frustrating game and takes months to appreciate and to enjoy. Many of the bugs and frustrations like for example with the goalkeeper or with the inability to leave the rails without using supercancel, the problems with shooting and passing... etc will probably be solved for PES 2013.

So at this time of the year, there is no need to jump into PES 2012 and it's better to just wait for the PES 2013-demo in July and then for the full full release in Septembre.

i know what you mean LTFC this has got to be one of the most fustrating pes games ever.
I mean christ! when in real life do you see say kompany with the ball just a yard away from him just stand still or back away from it like its some sort of bomb. but the number of times things like this happen in the game when the player on your team is under AI control cus the player switching has not or you cannot select him is unbelieveable.

Back
Top Bottom