PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I was playing with zero assistance and to say it was frustrating would be understatement. I was getting chances but was unable to score enough to keep the AI at bay for 90 minutes. It always seemed inevitable they'd score one more than me.

I've now switched my pass assistance to 2 bars and I'm finding it alot more enjoyable and I am beating teams on top player alot more regularly. Maybe this is because my passes/shots are now more accurate or the Scripting is toned down more when using assisted levels not sure. As now teams are scoring maybe one goal against me when they were more often getting two or three.

On the buying players in ML, after the first season is it possible to buy decent players and or how much money do you tend to have after season 1?

On the buying players in ML, after the first season is it possible to buy decent players and or how much money do you tend to have after season 1?

Can't tell you exactly, but you can get a rough idea by adding your sponors together and combining it with match day revenue (if you aren't told this then get a basic idea of how much you earn per game and times it by how many home games you have)
Even add all that to your current budget, minus your expenses and there you go..

As for players, you buy who ever you can, Bosman deals are affective.. Check put the FL thread and you will pick up little tips here and there on what to do

I was playing with zero assistance and to say it was frustrating would be understatement. I was getting chances but was unable to score enough to keep the AI at bay for 90 minutes. It always seemed inevitable they'd score one more than me.

I've now switched my pass assistance to 2 bars and I'm finding it alot more enjoyable and I am beating teams on top player alot more regularly. Maybe this is because my passes/shots are now more accurate or the Scripting is toned down more when using assisted levels not sure. As now teams are scoring maybe one goal against me when they were more often getting two or three.

I genuinely don't see much difference between all the passing bars personally. I rarely seem to hit incorrect passes on zero passing. I actually increase it to two bars quite often because it somehow feels more 'solid' somehow, I can't really describe it. Perhaps zero bars increases the number of randomly misplaced passes but I really don't see much difference between them.

I've really improved over the last few times I've been on the game thanks to two things I've been doing. I've gone back to basics with defending, this time really getting to use the proper controls the game provided. I didn't used to think they worked that well but I feel like I've got the hang of it now. I slow up the attacker with the LT + A button (R2 +X on PS3) then when I'm close enough I pretty much hammer the A button to put a foot out and win the ball. I've realised that doing this successfully is entirely dependant on slowing the attacker down, go in at full pelt hammering A to stick a foot out and you'll get done by the attacker 100% of the time.

The second thing I'm discovering is shooting using LT (L2). Now there's no actual evidence that this is a shot modifier, LT is used for manual passing, but it doesn't feel like a fully manual shot but also seems to allow for better direction, and many times since holding this when taking a shot, my player has opened up his body for a really deliberate shot. Either way, it seems more accurate, you can get more powerful, lower shots, and I'm scoring a ton more goals using this method. I'm not claiming it's actually a shot modifier, but something's going on because I am seeing on a fair few occasions the player take a shot by using his side-foot much like when you use RT (L2).

Works for me at any rate.

You know how to get your defenders to clear a ball properly too, right? Press square once to get him to jump, then hit it repeatedly to get his head to the ball.

Yeah I found that works too. I literally just hammer the button for tackles and headers now and yeah it seems to do the trick.

My advice: Wait for PES 2013.

I like PES 2012 now after patch 1.03 and 1.06, but it is a highly frustrating game and takes months to appreciate and to enjoy. Many of the bugs and frustrations like for example with the goalkeeper or with the inability to leave the rails without using supercancel, the problems with shooting and passing... etc will probably be solved for PES 2013.

So at this time of the year, there is no need to jump into PES 2012 and it's better to just wait for the PES 2013-demo in July and then for the full full release in Septembre.

Thanks for the answer ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried daymos v4 on xbox360. Incredibly easy to install, just drag and drop, took me about 2 minutes, fantastic and the kits look nice.

Since it's the first time for me to use such an option-file-patch it really brings new life to my PES 2012-gaming, finally Bundesliga and premier league in PES 2012 and all the formation- and stats-updates and the correct names in the national teams, and yellow kit for Brazil... Just awesome:APPLAUD:!

Glad you like it. It does look brilliant. Well done to Steelhorse for letting everyone know here ;)

LOL the more it abuses me the more I love it, and the more I'm convinced the game will change for the better....

With daymos v4-option file, gameplay has become nicer... probably due to stats- and formation-corrections all around. Just shows how important a good and well updated stat-database really is.

LTFC,...

possibly you love this sport as much as all of us in the community, I give you a suggestion.

leave this game, if you love the sport, leave this game, WAIT DEMO PES 2013. :))

T H E G A M E I S B R O K E N (cheats, bugs...and others)

will save much time and frustration, try another type of game, horror, adventure or whatever you like.

HAVE PATIENCE AND WAIT FOR BETA 2013 mate

I deleted from my hard drive a few days ago, and I am very happy and have not looked back, just have patience to Beta :))

To say the game is broken is a large exaggeration. Yes there are issues which cause you to now and again hate the game but overall I loved it this year more than any other since PES6.

If the PES2013 has half a dozen of improvements I'd be happy to shell out again this year.

Out of pes 2008-2012 era, only pes 2010 feels decent to me.
The issues of pes 2012 are so big, it can really be called broken imo.

Spent some time to play through international competition on every single pes game starting from pes3 and i can honestly say that ball physics, animations, AI, goalkeepers and scripting cheats are definitely worst in pes 2012 and 2011. Even on pes 2008-2010 i had some fun, since it had some remaining nice touches from old-school ones, but the recent ones was nothing but sadness and boredom.

The main reason with heavy cpu cheating on pes2012 is lack of AI complexity development. If cpu wouldn't force things, it wouldn't ever score against me i believe. In every game i controll ball for 65-70% and limit opponents with 1-3 shots with ease and still concede often. Developers probably noticed cpu is way too uncompetative and instead making it more complex , they just got away with cheaper solution.

Last edited:
When I boot up PES 2012 on PS3, it changes my resolution from 1900 x 1080 to 1280 x 700 which I think is causing the tearing. Is there a way to prevent this?

When I boot up PES 2012 on PS3, it changes my resolution from 1900 x 1080 to 1280 x 700 which I think is causing the tearing. Is there a way to prevent this?

I don't think so, as far as I'm aware most PS3/xbox games are in 720p so will automatically change when you boot up the game. Perhaps if you try setting the console's resolution to 720p before booting up the game, maybe that might work.

playing online as man city and have got 580pts again and for about the umpteenth time something kicks in and i struggle to win a match till i drop to around the 460pts mark then away we go again, just had three games of the most scripted bias football you will ever see in a video game anybody that thinks this game aint scipted wants hitting wtith summat heavy.
at times its so blatant in the last game in the last minute i am losing 1-0 i pass back from the wing to yaya toure just inside the box what happens the player switching does not work i cant select him and so much for the improved AI he just simply stands and watches it slowly trickle by then my opponents player can come and clear it.
things like this happen for to often even pressing buttons to pass or shoot your player wont respond because then they get caught in posession.
its so damn fustrating when things are so blatant i love the game at times but it is the most fustating game of pes i have ever played!!!

I don't think so, as far as I'm aware most PS3/xbox games are in 720p so will automatically change when you boot up the game. Perhaps if you try setting the console's resolution to 720p before booting up the game, maybe that might work.

The TV's resolution has nothing to do with the game. The game being 720p doesn't prevent the TV using a 1080p-setting and upscaling the game's resolution, or better yet the PS3 offering 1080p upscaled.

It sounds like in the PS3-settings the PS3 is set on 720p, setting it on 1080p might solve it.

But if the game is 720 native, setting onto 1080p and upscaled will surely result in a poorer picture? Either way, I presume the initial question was referring to the tv resolution not actual ps3 resolution settings.

played some more games jesus this game is so bent!!!
when it decides that you aint gonna win then boy there is nothing you can do about it the scripting is unbelieveable!!!
some days its brilliant but boy today it is the worst game of pes i have ever played my opponent has just had a shot its hit his player in my pen area rebounded out to my player but the ref has given a penalty to him has is player stumbled over with none of my players near him!!!
utter garbage!!!

But if the game is 720 native, setting onto 1080p and upscaled will surely result in a poorer picture? Either way, I presume the initial question was referring to the tv resolution not actual ps3 resolution settings.

Sure, but if the TV is a 1080p-TV, the TV will upscale everything to 1080p anyway in order to display it...

but maybe the PS3 can do a better job of upscaling than the TV, maybe not, worth a try.

played some more games jesus this game is so bent!!!
when it decides that you aint gonna win then boy there is nothing you can do about it the scripting is unbelieveable!!!
some days its brilliant but boy today it is the worst game of pes i have ever played my opponent has just had a shot its hit his player in my pen area rebounded out to my player but the ref has given a penalty to him has is player stumbled over with none of my players near him!!!
utter garbage!!!

Yes, PES 2012 has a lot of problems and insufficiencies but still I can't stop playing it, I need my football-videogame-fix and currently there is no real alternative to PES 2012, until PES 2013 that hopefully has most of the problems of PES 2012 fixed.

The real deal will be PES 2014 though, the Fox-engine should allow for some nice new things.

Sure, but if the TV is a 1080p-TV, the TV will upscale everything to 1080p anyway in order to display it...

but maybe the PS3 can do a better job of upscaling than the TV, maybe not, worth a try.

The PS3 setting is set onto 1080p. Its strange as this is the only game it does it on :S

Besides using the right stick, is there a way to make players actually bother running and getting into some kind of space? Far too much I'm walking with the ball, giving them PLENTY of time to make a run. But no, the players just stand with their back to goal and wait for a pass.

NO! Bloody run and DO SOMETHING! So annoying!

Besides using the right stick, is there a way to make players actually bother running and getting into some kind of space? Far too much I'm walking with the ball, giving them PLENTY of time to make a run. But no, the players just stand with their back to goal and wait for a pass.

NO! Bloody run and DO SOMETHING! So annoying!

The AI is really not that smart, yes it moves more than with Fifa 12, but only in specific play-situations, especially counters, but during normal build-up-play, your teammembers don't move nearly as intelligent as I wished them to do. They stay often put and don't have that instinct for space and opportunities.

Worse still, a lot of times they move in directions that worsen the ability to create an opportunity or they stop their run and come back when you want to make a killer-pass to them... I guess alot of that is actually deliberate sabotage to keep opportunities and goals in check.

You can set the a/v-level on offensive or superoffensive and playersupport on 14 or higher to make your team play more offensive. They will then try more offensive runs, but still a lot of situations where good opportunities could be created they stay just ignorant or act counterproductive, like I said probably a gamedesigndecision to keep results in check.

I'm curious though how Active AI 2.0 in PES 2013 works.

What really boils my blood though is the blatant fouls within their goal-area the CPU gets away with, multiple times defenders pull a leg onto my strikers and nothing gets seen by the referree, even the goalkeeper throws my strikers down, nothing. I wouldn't be so angry if it were the same on the other side, but no, the slightest fouls get seen, when my team was doing them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom