PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Its because all the AI thinks about is RUSH forward and shot/score goals, they have no concept of posession football even if they have posession tactics or even if they lead or whatever.

Hi, you make some good points i think, i too wasan't happy about how quickly players turned in demo 1 and in demo 2 they don't necessarily turn too quickly but they seem to warp unrealsitically at times.

Thing is, i been talking a lot about Time length and how it affects the gameplay, the game is a bit of an eniga at this moment regarding turning speeds and the Ai and how it plays.

ythe game is very good consdering it's 10 mintue matches, i'll wait and see how 15 mintue games hold uo and longer, since the AI should keep the ball more and play more considered football

10 mintues isn't very long so the Ai do tend to 'rush'. There some real life Barca team goals which took them 2 1/2 mintues to score. In PES that would be 15/20 in game minutes wasted on one chance.

So, i wouldn't take a defintine awnser on that yet my friend :)

if you want you could get involved with chimps with quiffs and myself if you have the time,we could all make together a fantastic pes 2012 file,we worked together on pes 2011 to try make the game a better all round experience and the feedback we got was very positive on evo web and further afield

Yes, i'll help :)

i'll try not to promise too much though for now, i'll see what i can do.

the ratings are important though, they are going to be pretty awful this year, i'll just fetch a guideline to what each stat represnets so we can re do them to give the best experience.

is someone on this forums close in any ways with konami pes 2012 team? i ask because i would like to know if someone can tell them (konami pes 2012 team) to remove blur effect from full version.

i just tried tunizizou's no blur patch and it's totally different game. it looks stunning now. i simply cannot understand why they would want to ruin this game with that ugly blur effect when the game can look awesome.

so i put my hope on someone who can transfer this to konami team, if possible.

is someone on this forums close in any ways with konami pes 2012 team? i ask because i would like to know if someone can tell them (konami pes 2012 team) to remove blur effect from full version.

i just tried tunizizou's no blur patch and it's totally different game. it looks stunning now. i simply cannot understand why they would want to ruin this game with that ugly blur effect when the game can look awesome.

Yes, someone please do. I'm in complete agreement - the blur effect looks absolutely awful. Get rid.

I agree. The blur so ugly to look at in replays.

I saw a tweet to Jon Murphy about replicating a camera angle someone had created and it had a youtube link. Then I asked him why there are no customisable camera's. Let you know if he replies to it.

Top player is way easier than Pro the AI are attacking more so its easier to exploit them on the counter attack.
But in my oppinon its way more fun then trying to just do long shots aggainst 8/9 men defenses a lot more 1 on 1,s etc

After some experimentation I think -2 is by far the best speed setting. It feels spot on.

I also just conceded a long range goal that took a massive deflection and looped over the keeper (think Andreas Brehme, Germany v England, Italia 90). Looked so realistic as it totally wrong-footed the keeper and he was scrambling to get back.

Oh definitely. I'm glad more are enjoying -2. I think its me, you, and Dudubr9. Some might find it sluggish but I find it realistic. Dribbling is so beautiful in this setting. Only think ball speed should be just a tad quicker though, but I'm ok with this anyway. Oh and I'm on the PS3.

Hopefully curdstar gets to read this then :)

Last edited:
Guys, do not know if someone said, but PES 2012 has an option to unlock several type shorts,of a classic, short and tight,
shorts-palermo-drill-shorts-large.jpg

to today's modern.

I saw a tweet to Jon Murphy about replicating a camera angle someone had created and it had a youtube link. Then I asked him why there are no customisable camera's. Let you know if he replies to it.

Good job, stay on his case - more variable camera angles are waaaay over due. Look how long FIFA has has customizable setting.

I think it's too late:P

I played 7 games last night on the PES 12 Demo, and scored only one goal. :SHOCK:

Jeez, I suck. I dont think I can ever remember a PES that was so hard to break down and master. Not even PES 5. I generally get to grips with the game after a good 20 hours or so. I must have clocked 50+ hours so far, and I'm still pretty shit.

Needless to say, I love it. :)

Edit - I did play one match with Spurs on 1 Bar Pass Assistance and the difference was quite dramatic. It felt so much easier than 'Zero', with alot less requirement for the weight of pass and direction. I did enjoy it, but being the kind of player that gets his kicks from the challenge, I had to switch straight back to 'Zero'. There is no doubt this Passing Assistance option will users a big advantage Online if not segregated. :(

Last edited:
I played 7 games last night on the PES 12 Demo, and scored only one goal. :SHOCK:

Jeez, I suck. I dont think I can ever remember a PES that was so hard to break down and master. Not even PES 5. I generally get to grips with the game after a good 20 hours or so. I must have clocked 50+ hours so far, and I'm still pretty shit.

I know what you mean, and I love it too. I consider myself decent at football games, but most games I play on this are very challenging and varied. Sometimes I struggle to create chances, sometimes I struggle to put them away and sometimes I just concede too many goals. If a few niggly issues are sorted out either before release or with a quick patch I can see this game lasting a long, long time, perhaps even longer than PES 5/6.

Edit - I did play one match with Spurs on 1 Bar Pass Assistance and the difference was quite dramatic. It felt so much easier than 'Zero', with alot less requirement for the weight of pass and direction. I did enjoy it, but being the kind of player that gets his kicks from the challenge, I had to switch straight back to 'Zero'. There is no doubt this Passing Assistance option will users a big advantage Online if not segregated. :(

Professional level?

Glad I'm not the only one struggling on Professional, was scared to say it almost :D

Three games in a row I got whalloped 3-0.... :CONFUSE:

I couldnt stop smiling whilst shaking my pad like a crazed idiot. I never felt cheated, just simply out-played. Only when I concentrated 100% and kept it simple and held possession did I start to improve. There are alot on PES 11 techniques still engrained within me, and when I'm tired I find myself going on PES 11 Auto-Pilot. Which blatantly, does not work.

I know what you mean, and I love it too. I consider myself decent at football games, but most games I play on this are very challenging and varied. Sometimes I struggle to create chances, sometimes I struggle to put them away and sometimes I just concede too many goals. If a few niggly issues are sorted out either before release or with a quick patch I can see this game lasting a long, long time, perhaps even longer than PES 5/6.

Yep, it's a far cry from winning the CL with Olympiacos and the World Cup with Poland, on PES 11, on Top Player. It's a totally different animal.

Some people saying gamefest pes 2012 code is the final game. I watched videos and defenders are still leaving big open space on crosses. It looks like it will be in final game :( online will be a cross fest.

Some people saying gamefest pes 2012 code is the final game. I watched videos and defenders are still leaving big open space on crosses. It looks like it will be in final game :( online will be a cross fest.

Could you make a vid of this cross bug? I've never encountered it in the games I've played.

I am so glad to read this.Thought their was only me living in a world of fail
on professional.Its so hard to win a game,its fantastic really !
You really do need to get team selection,tactics and formation right to stand
any chance at all.
Lots of experimentation going on.

This is easy to deal with, and I was thinking about your concerns last night, and this is how I see it......

I much prefer the crossing from PES 11, and the timing required to connect. It was alot harder and more realistic for it. But, the bottom-line this year is that we now have emphasis on defending. And this relates to every aspect, including dealing with crosses. If you are defending, then the emphasis is on exactly that. I heard you mention that the strikers were always getting ahead of your defenders. But guess what, that is a strikers job, that is what he his constantly trying to achieve, to lose his marker. Therefore, whilst in defence-mode, it is now our job to stop that from happening. The onus is now on us for when he does break the shackles. The easiest way to do this, and I did this many times last night, is to switch to your CB using the Right Stick Cursor Switch. By doing that, you then take control even before the cross is whipped in. It's much easier to police this way, and much more rewarding when you thwart the striker, and as they say in the trade, 'put him back in your pocket'.

Also, on a different note, I took Manual control of my GK last night after conceding a FK just outside the box. I moved my keeper to the other side of the goal, then swtiched it off Manual so he was back to CPU control. I think part of me still expected the CPU Ai to hit the corner I'd moved to. It didnt, they placed in into the other corner, leaving me looking very silly indeed. I love the way the Ai adapted, class.

Last edited:

What is wrong with cross fest ? Today, i have even an occasion where my mate's player ahead of my defender waiting for cross to make a heading. But thx to more freedom we have now, i still can easily move my defender and quickly head the ball away from the box.

I am so glad to read this.Thought their was only me living in a world of fail
on professional.Its so hard to win a game,its fantastic really !
You really do need to get team selection,tactics and formation right to stand
any chance at all.
Lots of experimentation going on.

Pardon my French, but you get absolutely fuck-all in this game unless you rightfully earn it. I fricking love that. :)

Back
Top Bottom