PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

the individuality in this 2nd demo is fantastic at times, used Spurs a few matches and you can really feel and see the difference in each player, i even swapped gomes for friedel in goal and the way they move, save etc is different yet stand out. players such as bale, pienarr, van der vaart and even dawson all move and behave different.

rangers, bayern and inter are the same as spurs in terms of individuality, whilst playing as inter i brought muntari on from the bench and tried a few long range shots as he does, the game just feels alive and like football. it reminds me of last gen pes but with better visuals - animations.

day one for me.

Last edited:
Isn't it because you only burst with the ball??

What I am saying is, say you are controlling Nani, and on offense you can run faster than R1 run by bursting. That means within the game system, the burst speed is the maximum "top speed" of Nani based on his stats.

Now, the exact same player Nani, lose that extra speed on defense because you can not "burst" without the ball. So even though the game is designed that Nani can run faster than R1 run by "bursting", but on defense the game automatically forces the same player to run at a slower maximum speed.

An example of where I think this negatively impacts the game, is say an opposing player is receiving the ball, and you are trying to intercept the pass. Where as if there was a "burst" function on defense, you can activate it to get an extra boost to R1 run in attempt to intercept it, but the current design limits the player speed to only R1 run speed when he is without the ball.

It just seems kind of ridiculous that every player automatically gets a speed boost with the ball due to "burst" but there is no systematic equivalent for the defense, and nothing that explains the speed gap imposed on the players.

Maybe Konami compensates for this by implementing an automatic "burst" whenever you move in for a tackle; but if that was the case, what happens in a loose ball situation? Both opposing players can ONLY run at R1 speed instead of their maximum "burst" speed.

While it may be balanced in terms of game design if that was the case, it makes no sense logically that the game changes the maximum speed you are allowed to run depending on the situation.

Last edited:
^ Well thought. I see your concern.

In my experience, burst can last for short time right ? and it can leave an opponent behind at least in the situation where the opponent is closing you down and wrong footed or getting loose ball and get past the opponent to different direction that is also chasing the ball.

But if in the situation where a defender precisely jockeying/running besides you.. burst can not help to get past them when moving in the same direction, right ?.. in another note, this is related with your "top speed" issue.

the balance is okay i guess.

Let's say by maintaining very good containing work, keeping enough distance, and not necessarily rush into making a tackle we can compensate for the burst advantage.

Last edited:
What I am saying is, say you are controlling Nani, and on offense you can run faster than R1 run by bursting. That means within the game system, the burst speed is the maximum "top speed" of Nani based on his stats.

Sudden bursts of speed is an elementary skill that almost all footballers learn. The 'burst' move is balanced by the fact the it is easily countered by good positioning and jockeying (all other things being equal). Keep in mind that a poorly timed challenge can ruin even the most valiant effort because a speed burst after a mistimed tackle will surely leave you in the dust. In my opinion it is as fairly balanced as it can be right now. Defending well in PES 2012 really illustrates how defenders are the real heroes of the sport.

As for graphics, one thing that others have complained about visually are nets in those night matches. Well for some reason they're still an odd grey colour. As much as I love the game the visuals are worse than 2011 and that's not good enough really :(

I really don't know why and where these imbecils! get the idea of having gray invisible nets at night games instead of solid white. This really pisses me off!

Why do they make senseless changes to the nets. Why can't they include the appropriate color nets. Heck, they should also include some different style goal/nets like the previous PES11 had.

These Japs are strange cats.

played 2 games on professional thought the game was a bit too easy beat Munich with spurs 2 nil keeper dove as soon as i headed one and went the wrong way looked silly as ball went in open net.
won second game as munich aggaisnt rangers to see if i would dominate as i did.
Much better than the fifa demo the same old slow floatyness and lack of ai kills it

Did you see Pato's goal for Milan? That was a burst.

It has to do with acceleration and it's used to get away from a player into free space. You wouldn't run at top speed to intercept a pass normally because if you cut the ball off you need some time to slow down/stop.

I know where you're coming from but a burst of acceleration doesn't necessarily beat someone because the top speed is being tinkered with - more to do with the defender being flat footed to an extent when someone goes past them.

I'm not saying it's perfectly represented on the game but I think it's ok.

Someone please step in with other views though if I'm way off?

Did you see Pato's goal for Milan? That was a burst.

It has to do with acceleration and it's used to get away from a player into free space. You wouldn't run at top speed to intercept a pass normally because if you cut the ball off you need some time to slow down/stop.

I know where you're coming from but a burst of acceleration doesn't necessarily beat someone because the top speed is being tinkered with - more to do with the defender being flat footed to an extent when someone goes past them.

I'm not saying it's perfectly represented on the game but I think it's ok.

Someone please step in with other views though if I'm way off?

Yeah, that's it. I guess it's quite clear to me what i understand from Srider is simply :
- why dribbler can have burst speed while the off-the ball defender not
- Concern with burst is faster than top speed ? cmiiw

But the defensive system available pretty much can balance this burst feature quite well.

wtf, 17%, my downloding has never been so fast. woowwwww it seems that i'm goin to play about 30 min.FANTASTC!

IM SO HAPPY OMG!! I THOGHT I WOULD BE PAYING TOMORROW MORNING OR WHEN IM BACK FROM WORK.

omg.jpeg

I've just paused the Winning Eleven 2012 Demo #2 to post about it, it's fucking AWESOME, so much better than demo 1, I'm awestruck, feels so good to play, passing is so so so much better, individuality is evident as well, Bale just took a corner and the curl on the ball was awesome, swung like mad in the air, I then had another left sided corner and took it with Assou Ekotto to try and repeat it, didnt curl anywhere near as much!

Seriously, Konami have absolutely nailed PES this year judging by this demo, after 10 minutes (of match time) Rangers had fouled me like 4 times, referee's seem better.

All players jump in the wall when you ask them to, players seem to join the wall quicker as well, CPU dont score from every free kick :)

Last edited:
Playing a little bit more and a few issues are coming out - goalkeepers are much better but still have a few little issues with diving for piddly balls which are going out and then giving away corners. There are also seem to be quite a few cases where they make mistakes while dribbling - maybe intentional but if so it's quite jarring at the moment. Other thing I'm not sure about is how often shots are blocked and how often they then deflect into the danger area - and perhaps also the goalkeeper rebounding the ball into the danger area too often too. Perhaps this isn't helped by the goalies not making anticipation saves as much as I'd like to collect the deflected shots. As a final concern I feel that fullbacks aren't positioning themselves as well as they could. The tendency is that the center backs move up to press the attackers, but the fullbacks don't then move up to be in line with them. It seems to not cause any major issues somehow - but it does worry me a little.

Still, loving it, it's very good. Passing is wonderful - and 0 assistance is remarkably manual. Had some superb goal - one with Sneijder had me jumping off my seat as I cut past two defenders and then moved around another on the edge of the D, opening my body up and slamming it home.

Last edited:
What the fuck, just had something really cool that I've not seen before, was Tottenham vs Rangers, and I score in the 89th minute, and Bougherra goes nuts and kicks the ball back into the goal after I scored in frustration, lol, was brilliant, after he booted it back in the goal he waved his arm in annoyance, superb.

Oh yeah, proxi, Kyle Walker has a face :D

Yup - saw that earlier and couldn't believe my eyes. So far I've played every game on Top Player and am enjoying it a lot. They don't feel as cheaty as they did on the first demo - though they are still a little much perhaps - will need more time to really decide on that.

Just about to play my first game on professional.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom