PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I've just finished listening to the wenb podcast and their opinions on the current demo were quite surprising. Very negative in fact. It gives me hope that many of the problems will be much improved in the final game.

I've just finished listening to the wenb podcast and their opinions on the current demo were quite surprising. Very negative in fact. It gives me hope that many of the problems will be much improved in the final game.

We should have an even better idea after tonights poddie Jamez. :)

Another poddie - nice one. Hopefully we'll get a date for the next demo too. It's tough playing the current one knowing there is something better just around the corner.

Yeah that poddie you listened to was released a couple of days after the demo was out if you didnt realise. This one is talking about review code and how things are now. The "messiah" himself says to expect it around 10 ish.

maybe theyre just covering their arses just in case the game isnt what they built it up to be

Passing for sure is harder in the WE demo, I put it on 0 assistance and played lots of bad passes at first. The player switching is not as good as the EU demo though, often selects the wrong man for manual passes and ruins it for me.

Has anyone noticed the effects of fatigue? I am finding that late into the halves and especially the 2nd half that some of my players just cant be bothered to get to balls, lots of passes out wide are rolling out for a throw and lots of interceptions. Subs seem necessary now :).

I'm finding we demo to be more challenging.

WEdemo is insanely hard if you play 0 bar passing and -1 speed against Milan.

But about the cursor issues i always thought that you hardly can get a real advantage of manul modifier becous of it. You won't have real advantage until the cursor is perfect

I'm not sure about pes demo having a better cursor, but i can guarantee that L2 modefier has been giving me many troubles (agaisnt cpu or my bro) in WEdemo. The cursor picks up the wrong player way too much, and then wen you want to change to the target player and control him, the AI keeps controlling the wrong player making him go to the ball, and then you have your target player and your own teammate fighting for the same ball, terrible..:CONFUSE:

From Bhatti on WENB forums....
Keepers hey? Ok lets start with those bad boys.

I'm happy with the way they perform.

YES I SAID IT, I'M HAPPY! lol

They save shots, react well, anticipate well etc etc. but most importantly are reliable. So good news in that regards.

Issues are there though.

While I feel they perform much better than before, they don't scale very well. Any keeper in the high 80's has fantastic reaction times, but any less and they suffer. The best experiences come when playing against another top team, as shots need to be well struck into the corner to beat them. Anyone rated lower, and there's a good chance of a goal. I feel the lesser keepers need better reaction times, just to keep things challenging and believable.
If it's true that the reactions and saves are fine overall, it'll be down to a final tweak from Konami by patch or final tweak to sort out the lesser keepers not being that noticeably slower. Or worst case scenario, editing the keepers' stats ourselves, by perhaps a patch. Typical that there could be a daft thing like this included, but as long as the general abilities are good then the rest is solvable ourselves.

A lot of people complained about PES 2011's keepers, but I actually think that they were possibly the best yet in any football game in terms of shot stopping and reaction times.
Not superhuman, but still able to stop their fair share of shots and make one-on-ones difficult, in fact Casillas/Buffon etc. were very tough to beat.

Shame that they look so shit in the 2012 demo, but as long as they're brought back up to 2011 levels I'll be happy.

They could still do with making them come and claim crosses more often, sometimes electing to punch the ball from danger etc.
Also, the rest of the players on the pitch have deep individuality, but keepers are just "good" or "bad", nothing unique about them.
Just look at the amount of keeper attributes Football Manager includes - eccentricity, tendency to punch, command of area, aerial ability just to name a few.

To the guy claiming you can curl by holding direction after the shot has left your boot, show us some video's of the ball curling this way or forever hold your peace :P

Okay, so finally had that Eureka moment (or moments actually) last night whilst playing the demo. But it can in rather unusual circumstances. I had been playing the PES 2012 demo for a good week or so, but after initial success starting out, found that results were becoming harder to come by. Indeed, as Manchester United I had only beaten Milan once in around twelve games or so and was falling into bad habits of over-aggressive defending.

So here's what I did - ditched the game completely. I then played PES 6 for a whole day, followed by PES 2011 for the PS2. Let me tell you this has worked wonders. Not only has it re-honed my reflexes and again improved my defending style, but when I switched back to the PES 2012 demo (PS3), I had instant success.

My first game was as Manchester United against Milan. The first goal was a lovely patient build up move that involved frequent changes of direction before I played a stunning through ball which Berbatov finished in clinical style. The second goal was pure Giggs magic. A little give and go on the edge of the area with Rooney, which saw Giggs shimmy slightly onto his strong left peg before hitting an unstoppable shot into the roof of the net from 18 yards with Milan defenders tackling thin air.

It was a beautiful game, which I thoroughly deserved. Added to that because my defensive skills had been honed in the other said games, defending seemed much easier this time round. I hardly used sprint, I fell back into position and come to think of it rarely actually tackled. Instead relying on well timed interceptions and crafty re-positioning.

The next game I thought "this has to be a one off", so went Porto against Napoli. Again I played a similar style, with some patient lovely cross field stuff, but it was the next bit that kind of picked me up and had me believing that this type of goal is possible after not scoring one like it since I started playing. It was a fast counter move which seen two passes. A long pass from defence to open midfield, then a stunning long defence splitting through ball to the wing in which one of the strikers bore down on goals diagonally before cutting one back to the other striker who finished with aplomb.

Then a second goal! I hardly ever score more than one goal. Another wonderfully crafted move that saw me hold-up play two or three times, before a decisive little one-two split the defence for a lovely curling shot. The third - yes a third - came in the dying embers when Napoli were pressing, a nice move some me with some room in the box to hit a hard if somewhat speculative shot, which the keeper saved into the post and then in. A 2-0 against Milan and a 3-0 against Napoli. All on Top Player, with assistance off.

So, this just cannot be luck or coincidence. I firmly believe that by playing these two games on the PS2 - PES6 and PES2011, I was better tailored to dealing with the CPU AI and ensured that my defensive skills were patched. The one instant thing you notice when you go back is the pace of the game, you don't have a second to breath on the PS2. I shall play more today and no doubt get whooped after my successes of last night (lol), but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel in what I saw as dramatic progress for me.

Of course the 2nd demo must be as close to finished as it will be.

Took my console down to my folks place and had some 2vs2 against my bros and cousin. 4 grown men were screaming at the screen as if it was the Uefa Champions league final between Barca and Madrid lol no one wanted Man poo...gotta love my brethren.

In any event it was outrageously fun the way the game played out the player switching bug is still there on the long balls I noticed on a few occasions and on unassisted the passing was woeful especially from my side, which is a good thing.

Defending is infinitely easier but the refs blow very quickly if you pressure from the back much like the PES2011 demo.
The game really played beautifully and reminded me how great offline multiplayer is compared to sitting on your own and speaking smack to yourself lol.

I have a question

In the pes2012 Demo, I noticed (play Long Cam) that some players make such a quick sharp turn its physically not possible

and their own legs are crossing

I ran this question at the wemb forum, and people are saying:
its normal, go play fifa and it happens in every pes

But I dont think that the case, I think this is a big problem and it will be exploided in the long run online

AYKpPhSCMAAB9SN.jpg

AYKpZXoCIAAv5WD.jpg

Quite the opposite actually.

This. I was one of the ones that felt the demo was "quite good" and would be happy with it just being polished + Keepers improved, WENB Shot the demo down and said it was the worst version they've played so far :SHOCK:

He then tweeted once he get Review Code "He was blown away"

Quietly excited (but confident the game will match my standards at least as its nearly already their)

Much as I hate this forum becoming an echo chamber for WENB (fine if actual news has come out, but excitedly discussing other people's subjective - and constantly shifting - opinion as though it were holy writ is a bit embarrassing and best left to the WENB forum itself), I have to admit I was interested to read Adam Bhatti Superstar's views on goalkeepers in final code, a page or so back from here.

Seemed moderately enthusiastic, but after applying the "Bhatti filter" it sounds very much to me like goalies are still going to be broken for those of us who don't use premium teams. So keepers rated in "the high eighties" and above are now reliable with decent reaction times... well, great. Those of us planning a season in the French or Portuguese league, followed by online action with an "Other European Team" can look forward to plenty of leisurely shots from 20 yards rolling gently past despairing dives (from a standing start), I guess. Would love to be proven wrong, but anything less than a hype explosion here - and what we got was MUCH less than a hype explosion, in fact it was downright cagey - well, it's making me a bit uneasy.

Not sure we'll get many other views on this until release, because I doubt many reviewers / previewers will be putting Montpellier or Maritimo through their paces. Anyone here going to get to play review code? Rom? Rod?

Last edited:
This. I was one of the ones that felt the demo was "quite good" and would be happy with it just being polished + Keepers improved, WENB Shot the demo down and said it was the worst version they've played so far :SHOCK:

He then tweeted once he get Review Code "He was blown away"

Quietly excited (but confident the game will match my standards at least as its nearly already their)
Well, it started out as PES 2011 is shit compared to this. Then, Demo1 is so shit compared to demo2/preview. I predict that their next quote will be, "Final version changed all that to a whole new level."

Seriously, I don't know why are people so naive, is it because they are fanboys of this game? Or they want it to get better popularity? It's just a game that will have bugs and all the little niggles we are used to. Just have fun playing it and don't draw it as the 'king' of all gaming or you'll get disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom