PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

So am I the only one who does not get inch perfect passes every time? Multiple times in a match I will get passes underhit, overhit, off target and to the wrong person. Sure there could be more error but its far from perfect. Maybe its the people that play with Man U, Milan ect that experience this. Play a few games with Penarol and keep returning to the team select screen until you get quite a few of the players with poor condition, then you will see how good the game should be. The game could still have more error though but I can just imagine the sstick Konami would get if there was.

This. I find enough passes go stray with those teams too. Also zero assistance is the way to go imo.

Indeed, enough directional passing error. Sometimes the ball goes in front or at the back of my receiving player in the sense that it still leaves a gap for opponent to make a quick intercept.

Do people check their setting back after rematch, iirc it goes to default in pc demo as no saving ability yet. Konima !!!

I love how whenever someone posts a video of the CPU breaking hips and scoring goals, someone posts a response on why that shouldn't happen.

It's the goddamn CPU! How unfair are YOU being. Now, if defending issues were online, I'm sure we could start a fire somewhere.

That was me, probably. I was making it in jest and feel the same way as you do in truth.

My second point i stand by though. People would be far more analytical about what should and shouldn't happen if it was Fifa though as Rom pointed out i'm pretty much in the wrong about comparing that trick to the ones in Fifa. To be honest i think there's a glaring defensive issue in the PES 2012 in that your defense seem to be incapable of holding a decent line at times often with one defender going AWOL and so far i've only seen Nerf bring that up (with pictures). On the Fifa section that was all people used to talk about and were more than willing to discuss the problems. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/vidicibra.png/. I was controlling Ferdinand there. Ibra ran forward and vidic (AI) followed him and then stood off him effectively playing him onside but didn't getting tight at all. Ibra eventually received the ball from K.P Boateng (who is on the ball) and scored too from a no touch turn shot. If you really want to talk about it then that seems to be a defensive issue which could harm online play if the game doesn't sort out the AI getting tight to players if they're willing to play them onside in acres of space. Theoretically of course because this is just a demo after all and not the finished product so i am more than willing to accept that this isn't an issue that will be as problematic in the full build.

Last edited:
PES didn't have an aftertouch system. Neither did WE. Ever.

Never said they did,all i said last year was there was a degree of curl/spin that could be applied to the ball via the position of your players feet and the direction applied on the thumbstick when the ball was struck.

Its been refined this year heavily and you can create curl on the ball and backspin based on the position of your feet and the direction you hold when you strike the ball.For example now when you shoot you can curl the ball by holding the required direction on the stick ie left or right when the ball leaves the players foot.This principle is also applied to crossing,long passing and through passing.

ISS 2000 on the ps1, was this game out around 98 because i seem to remember playing my first ever iss game around then and my old mate beat me 1-0 and i remember him curling the ball just inside the far post just pass the keepers fingertips, what a shame we dont get that anymore.

I seriously got into iss/pro evo 1 & 2 on the ps1, but was also flirting with fifa as well buying both games right up untill pes5 which convinced me fifa was no longer an option. sorry for waffling on but as rob said memories. :)

That was me, probably. I was making it in jest and feel the same way as you do in truth.

Though i still stand by the second point i made about people seemingly salivating over the computer doing marseille roulettes round you and how that is something that if it happened in Fifa people would be only too willing to be way more critical about it. Not such a big deal though.

Again, a gross oversimplification for the sake of feeding a tedious conspiracy/bias theory. When did things get so half-arsed around here?

FIFA features players pulling off tricks at the exact millisecond you slide in/hit the pressure button. The fact that the CPU performs tricks is NOT the problem. It's that they happen to be the same two or three tricks, used far too frequently within one match let alone three or four. in the past week of solid demo play, I've only seen a couple, maybe three roulettes, and only one worked. Hardly the same as the Pique/Berba spin that permeated through every single game of FIFA 11.

Never said they did,all i said last year was there was a degree of curl/spin that could be applied to the ball via the position of your players feet and the direction applied on the thumbstick when the ball was struck.

Its been refined this year heavily and you can create curl on the ball and backspin based on the position of your feet and the direction you hold when you strike the ball.For example now when you shoot you can curl the ball by holding the required direction on the stick ie left or right when the ball leaves the players foot.This principle is also applied to crossing,long passing and through passing.

and how u determine the direction of the shot then?
sounds a bit weak your argument

explain me the timing pls to enlighten me
example:
striker standing left infront of the box shooting with his right foot into the far corner, i want the curl be to the left side on the ball
what shud i press, first right(for direction) and then left?

sounds weird to me..

Again, a gross oversimplification for the sake of feeding a tedious conspiracy/bias theory. When did things get so half-arsed around here?

FIFA features players pulling off tricks at the exact millisecond you slide in/hit the pressure button. The fact that the CPU performs tricks is NOT the problem. It's that they happen to be the same two or three tricks, used far too frequently within one match let alone three or four. in the past week of solid demo play, I've only seen a couple, maybe three roulettes, and only one worked. Hardly the same as the Pique/Berba spin that permeated through every single game of FIFA 11.

Actually you are right. As such I realised the sheer difference between the two and changed my post to accommodate a comparison on another issue, one more relevant to something that guy mentioned. You replied when i was in the middle of editing it you fiend :)

Last edited:
I noticed something earlier, uneven touches when dribbling! I Havnt seen anyone else mention this. It is something Gab always talks about and is a thing that needs to be implimented, well it seems to be there but the dribbling is a bit too tight at the moment with the ball on a rubber band so it doesnt have much of an effect. Get the ball, jog and watch the balls movements, its not a uniform distance from the players foot with each touch. Or maybe I was seeing things?

I play fixed cursor and the CPU players are hitting a lot of bad passes. They also hit a lot of longer passes that goes completely wrong. I've been playing fixed cursor and Professional level instead of Top Player a bit and I think it might play a little bit more realistic. Don't think it's as many tricks going on. That's my impression, but it's not very scientific. Not sure how Pro level plays when you control all players, if it's too easy or not, but maybe some people should try put it down to that and see if they like it better.

Headers, all over the pitch, are much less scripted now. There always seem to be the right amount of power on them. Often the ball doesn't find any target because they might be jumping in to a challenge and not getting the body in the best position. Same with clearances. The game just feels much less scripted in all actions than previous years.

Edit:

Interesting Ern Dog, worth looking into. I have actually seen players doing a really bad touch while dribbling, making the ball go out to a throw in. So there might be some sort of error while dribbling, even though I don't think it's enough if we have to look for it under a microscope.

Last edited:
RE Fixed cursor: Can you affect the decisions of the CPU? I know you can secondary pressure and use the keeper to come out but can you call for the ball or advise them to shoot. I'm kind of undecided especially about calling for passes.

Oh it is possible then. I probably won't use it though. I like the way it is at the moment where the AI pass to you if you're in a good position or don't if you aren't.

Oh it is possible then. I probably won't use it though. I like the way it is at the moment where the AI pass to you if you're in a good position or don't if you aren't.

Yeah you don't really have to use it in 2012, the AI is so clever now so it picks you out if you do good runs or get into a good space.

Has anyone manage to dive? I tried it a couple of times but nothing happened, maybe I just suck at trying to cheat :(

Not sure if i'm correct but it seems smoother, just feels different. I used to think this when i got WE games on PS2 they seemed better than PES, as if the asian version was somehow a litter better than european version. I am playing with the exact same sliders, semi-assisted pass and shot assist on OFF. It just seems that it isn't ass quick and don't feel too under pressure as with PES demo.

The one example of 'scripting' I can still see is when the AI plays a long ball out wide and your CB slows down to allow the attacker to get there first. Have seen it countless times in the demo.

Now I know you're just supposed to use super cancel, but after using super cancel in the demo my players have real issues 'locking' onto the ball again, so by the time I've run straight past the ball, the winger gets it anyway.

Sometimes this is comical to watch - your LB will have a 10 yard headstart on the winger, and basically walk to where the ball is going to bounce, to be just beaten to it by the attacker.

Other than that, have't seen what we traditionally call 'scripting'.

Passing for sure is harder in the WE demo, I put it on 0 assistance and played lots of bad passes at first. The player switching is not as good as the EU demo though, often selects the wrong man for manual passes and ruins it for me.

Has anyone noticed the effects of fatigue? I am finding that late into the halves and especially the 2nd half that some of my players just cant be bothered to get to balls, lots of passes out wide are rolling out for a throw and lots of interceptions. Subs seem necessary now :).

Yeah and the tricksters seem to fail a lot more when they try to challenge a defender later in game.

If this game is as has been said in here " scripted and on rails " or whatever the beef with it, i have every game since WE5 and this is the best for me. Not going back to the snes or N64, but for me since it has gone next gen this is the most playable. The keepers are shite at times but i've also seen some great saves. The collision detection seems toned down but it could be better as i see some silly trailing leg fouls from the last game.

Pictures from Mypes from Cannigia

mypes2.jpg

mypes1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom