PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Right so why do people think this 0 is fast lol. I was bumping it up to +1 +2 lol.

Maybe PES 2010-2011 were real slow.

BUt if you compare to the old PS2 pes games this one is so slow lmao...

funny/weird.

How sad... not sure how people could enjoy PES on anything beyond 0 speed. -1 is about perfect IMO

I played kick off 3 hardcore when it was released it was amazing. BUt PES 2010 was not. Even Uefa champions league I think it would prob be crap now but It was fun for months in its time.

I'm surprised that you talk so warm about Kick Off 3. I remember it being considered a horrible game, even back in the day. Unless you're mistaking Kick Off 3 from Kick Off 2. Dino Dini made Kick Off 1 and 2, and then quit Anco who kept the Kick Off name, and developed Kick Off 3 without him - and it shows.

Goal! however, was a Dino Dini game, and could easily be considered the real Kick Off 3. Though Sensible World of Soccer was out at the time, so Goal! didn't become the great success it might have been. Also, while Goal! was a good game, it wasn't a patch on Kick Off 2, which I considered the second best of the top-down football games era (SWOS would be on first place).

I'm surprised that you talk so warm about Kick Off 3. I remember it being considered a horrible game, even back in the day. Unless you're mistaking Kick Off 3 from Kick Off 2. Dino Dini made Kick Off 1 and 2, and then quit Anco who kept the Kick Off name, and developed Kick Off 3 without him - and it shows.

Goal! however, was a Dino Dini game, and could easily be considered the real Kick Off 3. Though Sensible World of Soccer was out at the time, so Goal! didn't become the great success it might have been. Also, while Goal! was a good game, it wasn't a patch on Kick Off 2, which I considered the second best of the top-down football games era (SWOS would be on first place).

possibly my memory is not that good for Kick off.

All I can say for sure is

Striker was the game of choice for a long time but I was yougn I remember you could edit the players names which was cool for its time and me and my freinds/cousin used to change all the players names to rude words like ''masturbate'' ''penis'' ''vagina'' etc..(in ruder terms and swear words). One day my auntie came in and was like wtf!! this game should be 18+ etc...lmao...anyway silly story I recall.

As was sensi soccer

ANd sensi world of soccer was like crack cocaine lol...

Then ISS deluxe with Valderammas big hairdo lol..I think on SNES? that was amazing.

Then I got into fifa for a bit....then fifa up to fifa 98+ISS was fine.

Then PES went amazing and unbeatable....up til pes5/6 I kinda stopped playing and when I tried 2008 it was rubbish, 2009,2010,2011 didnt like much eihter. FIFA 10 and WC and 11 i played and thoguth were good like old PES but not that good.

Last edited:
Anybody agrees, that the ps3 demo has terrible graphics, especially in night games and wide cam?

Some on the other site mentioned, that it played better in 1080i, but it looked worse. They said that it was fine in 720p?

WTF?
I think it looks terrible on PS3 in 720P? 1080i even worse :D

Maybe it's my TV? All other games look fine.

Any suggestions?

Does anyone else cringe a bit when playing the demo, like I do? Sometimes from the pitch side camera and the way the demo plays, I think I'm playing FIFA, not a good feeling :/ doesn't last very long, but I can't help it, it's hard to adjust to the big differences between 2011 & the 2012 demo, the graphical blur thing doesn't help either, makes the game look FIFA ish on occasion

Or perhaps you think I'm talking turd :D

No, I agree. Konami really need to get rid of the blur effect as it looks terrible, particularly in replays. The animations are still pretty poor, again mostly down to the lack of smooth linking.

If I'm honest I had much higher hopes for the animations this year. I doubt they will improve much for the second demo.

No, I agree. Konami really need to get rid of the blur effect as it looks terrible, particularly in replays. The animations are still pretty poor, again mostly down to the lack of smooth linking.

If I'm honest I had much higher hopes for the animations this year. I doubt they will improve much for the second demo.

Agree some animations look clumsy. I hope they fix it in second demo. The same turning animations looks not enough fluid in my opinion.

YouTube - DSC 0002

Last edited:
Imo, the biggest problem with the blur effect (it doesn' even look like an effect, it just gives the game horribly bad imagequality), is that it completely destroys the usually great lighting engine.

Anybody agrees, that the ps3 demo has terrible graphics, especially in night games and wide cam?

Some on the other site mentioned, that it played better in 1080i, but it looked worse. They said that it was fine in 720p?

WTF?

Any suggestions?

Night games look terrible compared to day. They always have, but some pitches make them more bareable. The worst thing about the demo is that the San Siro night pitch looks rubbish and so has a massive effect on how the game looks.

Other pitches in the full game will hopefully look better at night. It's a big part of the game if you play the master league as you can end up playing 70% of your games at night.

The stadium and time of day make a big difference to how the game plays. From editing the game play I am used to spotting differences in how it plays and it defintely plays more responsive and faster on day time pitches.

Some stadiums play better too, I wonder if it is to do with the processing resource that is taken up by each stadium effecting the smoothness of the game.

Scored a rocket with Ibra.

YouTube - PES 2012 Ibra!!!

The game has grown on me. As for those having hard time defending, you are not the only one. I love it though. I have to defend like I would if I was playing in real life. You have to sit back a little and time your tackle or let the cpu have a shot that goes wide more times than not. Also, I use extra defenders when someone like Rooney or Cavani have the ball near the goal.

The colors of the nets are terrible...even with pitch-side camera they look so...invisible.

WTF?

Any suggestions?

Yeah I agree, I think the graphics look horrible. They have the same lighting as 2011, but seemingly smaller player models, worse replay angles immediately after scoring, low res textures, everything is generally worse.

Animations of course still need improving but I think they're currently okay, it's never something I really notice when playing.

I'm hoping the game will have a graphical overhaul for the second demo but I really doubt it will. I think compromises have been made in terms of features, new animations etc and we might have to put up with low resolution textures. Players in the distance during general gameplay look almost pixelated, it's terrible.

For all that, I love the gameplay. Just hope the visual side of things doesn't screw with the overall experience, because currently as the graphics stand, for me, it will.

i knew the demo was gona give me this some other gameplay effect i should have just watched videos on pes 2012, im disgusted with the gameplay demo on pc, and why on earth did konami did not release a demo for xbox 360 that is another story, here we go again, konami really must hate microsofts xbox 360, suprising that they just releaed a demo for pc which is so weird, i really don't know what to do on the pitch, just ridicolous gameplay, wtf's going on at konami i don't have a clue the game is like a puzzle. f....

For all that, I love the gameplay. Just hope the visual side of things doesn't screw with the overall experience, because currently as the graphics stand, for me, it will.

Graphical polish will be the last thing applied to the game so hopefully the retail version will look sharper.

What annoys me with slowing down to -1 is that the responsiveness feels slower, there seems to be more of a delay when I try to pass or shoot....which I think is a bit shit. Also on this demo the ball feels too floaty in the air like a beachball, it needs to be tweaked better for lower game speeds.

Does anyone else cringe a bit when playing the demo, like I do? Sometimes from the pitch side camera and the way the demo plays, I think I'm playing FIFA, not a good feeling :/ doesn't last very long, but I can't help it, it's hard to adjust to the big differences between 2011 & the 2012 demo, the graphical blur thing doesn't help either, makes the game look FIFA ish on occasion

Or perhaps you think I'm talking turd :D

Do you have the PC demo?
If so, Yair's 0.4 patch is very good.
No blur, better ball physics and a few other things ironed out (it's best played on -1)
The patch is like the best of PES2011 mixed with the new demo.

On a different note, I started using the Right Stick for player-switching last night and it works very well when your on the defence. You can easily switch to another deeper player/defender when the CPU is coming at you. I found this very useful. I havent heard anyone speak of it as yet as the cursor switching on assisted is pretty good, so maybe most have forgotten about this feature. Anyone else tried it ?

Yep and it works great. It's my preferred switching method.

i knew the demo was gona give me this some other gameplay effect i should have just watched videos on pes 2012, im disgusted with the gameplay demo on pc, and why on earth did konami did not release a demo for xbox 360 that is another story, here we go again, konami really must hate microsofts xbox 360, suprising that they just releaed a demo for pc which is so weird, i really don't know what to do on the pitch, just ridicolous gameplay, wtf's going on at konami i don't have a clue the game is like a puzzle. f....

Dude take it easy lol. They have apologised and intended for all 3 demo's to be released on the same day. I am on Xbox 360 and was not happy at all. I dl on pc and tried a few games.

It's not Konami's intention to leave the 360 owners hanging. Play the game and you'll see it's quite good.

Dude take it easy lol. They have apologised and intended for all 3 demo's to be released on the same day. I am on Xbox 360 and was not happy at all. I dl on pc and tried a few games.

It's not Konami's intention to leave the 360 owners hanging. Play the game and you'll see it's quite good.
Yes..........

Heres me owning AC milan with Porto...okay I got lucky but i had a player sent off 3 minutes before their 1st goal and I was up 2-0. The way Milan came back at me when down was scary. Lucky Robinho deflection for the first and a thunderous shot from Seedorf that came off the woodwork not to mention the awesome free kick with hulk to seal the deal

PES2012demo Porto vs Milan - YouTube

I freaking love this game!! Again sorry for the quality of the video and the speed is crazy I play at -1 or -2 but the conversion to youtube is crazy

Last edited:
Not read one post regarding the much improved crossing mechanics and long ball mechanics of pes2012.

All i keep reading is the same dross spouted about the keepers,graphics,animation,passing and turn speeds.

In a ideal world people would be open minded enough not to read to much into what is so evidently early dev code,or be knee jerk enough to start lambasting the turn speeds of the players as unrealistic when its clear even championship level players move well and turn quickly on the ball,and that what we have now is a definate step up from pes2011 and pes on the ps2.

Its almost like some pes fans think that only the top players have the ability to turn with the ball quickly and that any other player apart from a forward should be slow and clumbersome.Also now that we do have more control and response the inevitable fifa comparisons have come to the fore,when its more then clear this is no fifa.

From almost a weeks experience with the we demo which does allow you to alter the pass assistance and saves your settings in the personel data file ie teamate assistance,cursor settings and passing assistance.Theres not really much imo that is massively wrong with the core of pes2012,yes theres issues with the keepers on occasion and the euro demo doesnt allow you to alter the passing assistance rendering it with a very automated feel to the passing,but the shooting for me feels fine and a big improvement over pes2011.

What for me really stands out though is the crossing and long ball mechanics and the sheer amount of variation there is in these two facets of play,and of course the organic ai that has the same alchemy that ISS had on the n64.You know that perfect equilibrium where know one game is ever the same and how you never act in the same way twice.This is definetly a game that has broken free from its binery roots and come gloriously to life.

Last edited:
Expander do you really think that the passing is better in the WE demo? I played the WE demo for a while before the Euro one came out and I was not at all impressed with the passing, infact it was one of my main concerns, passes felt far too assisted and often went to the wrong man. In the Euro demo I found much less fault with the passing. Maybe I just had a funny 5 minutes?

Expander do you really think that the passing is better in the WE demo? I played the WE demo for a while before the Euro one came out and I was not at all impressed with the passing, infact it was one of my main concerns, passes felt far too assisted and often went to the wrong man. In the Euro demo I found much less fault with the passing. Maybe I just had a funny 5 minutes?

The we demos better,its less graphically rich then the euro one,but has better passing physics,and yes you can adjust the passing assistance and it saves it unlike the euro demo which you have to keep changing all the settings after every match.

Its not placebo,on two bars on the we demo the passing assistance isnt homing in to every player and i have more passing freedom which is very noticable on crossing,long passing and through passing.

Japanese text uses less memory then english text so certain aspects of the we demo havent been stripped back as much to acommodate the compression.Obviously the japanese arent graphics whores like westerners and prefer gameplay.This is why the euro demo looks better but is taking a slight physics hit.

Last edited:
Zeemeister the deflection in that video was a good example of a deflected goal (he stuck out his leg) but i find it hard to believe others don't have an issue with the amount of deflected goals in this game. I'd put it down to the bad keepers but it isn't really, i wouldn't expect keepers to save half the deflected goals i get in this game unless they were to make a Fifa(superhuman) save. The ball physics need to realise that the ball should lose momentum when you hit it against a player unless the player sticks a leg out, or somehow manages to push the ball towards goal. A lot of the time i'm hitting the ball against a static player and the ball still flies in with too much power considering some momentum should be taken off the shot because of the change in ball movement (i.e spin). I find it a bit silly and it's not even enjoyable to score those kind of goals.

Last edited:
Heres me owning AC milan with Porto...okay I got lucky but i had a player sent off 3 minutes before their 1st goal and I was up 2-0. The way Milan came back at me when down was scary. Lucky Robinho deflection for the first and a thunderous shot from Seedorf that came off the woodwork not to mention the awesome free kick with hulk to seal the deal

PES2012demo Porto vs Milan - YouTube

I freaking love this game!! Again sorry for the quality of the video and the speed is crazy I play at -1 or -2 but the conversion to youtube is crazy
Loved the trajectory of that first goal, refreshing to see after PES 2011's flat/rising shots.

Still seems to be a lack of real top spin on shots, but it does look more varied :).

Damn it, why can't this be on Xbox already :(.

Zeemeister the deflection in that video was a good example of a deflected goal (he stuck out his leg) but i find it hard to believe others don't have an issue with the amount of deflected goals in this game. I'd put it down to the bad keepers but it isn't really, i wouldn't expect keepers to save half the deflected goals i get in this game unless they were to make a Fifa(superhuman) save. The ball physics need to realise that the ball should lose momentum when you hit it against a player unless the player sticks a leg out, or somehow manages to push the ball towards goal. A lot of the time i'm hitting the ball against a static player and the ball still flies in with too much power considering some momentum should be taken off the shot because of the change in ball movement (i.e spin). I find it a bit silly and it's not even enjoyable to score those kind of goals.

I agree, I had a goal against me where the ball got parried out by the goalkeeper and it went beyond the penalty-point and landed on the chest (!!!) of an opponent and it got ricocheted back as strong as a full-on-shot and went into the right corner of the net. :LOL:

Not read one post regarding the much improved crossing mechanics and long ball mechanics of pes2012.

All i keep reading is the same dross spouted about the keepers,graphics,animation,passing and turn speeds.

In a ideal world people would be open minded enough not to read to much into what is so evidently early dev code,or be knee jerk enough to start lambasting the turn speeds of the players as unrealistic when its clear even championship level players move well and turn quickly on the ball,and that what we have now is a definate step up from pes2011 and pes on the ps2.

Its almost like some pes fans think that only the top players have the ability to turn with the ball quickly and that any other player apart from a forward should be slow and clumbersome.Also now that we do have more control and response the inevitable fifa comparisons have come to the fore,when its more then clear this is no fifa.

From almost a weeks experience with the we demo which does allow you to alter the pass assistance and saves your settings in the personel data file ie teamate assistance,cursor settings and passing assistance.Theres not really much imo that is massively wrong with the core of pes2012,yes theres issues with the keepers on occasion and the euro demo doesnt allow you to alter the passing assistance rendering it with a very automated feel to the passing,but the shooting for me feels fine and a big improvement over pes2011.

What for me really stands out though is the crossing and long ball mechanics and the sheer amount of variation there is in these two facets of play,and of course the organic ai that has the same alchemy that ISS had on the n64.You know that perfect equilibrium where know one game is ever the same and how you never act in the same way twice.This is definetly a game that has broken free from its binery roots and come gloriously to life.

What "sheer variation" do we get with a long ball?

And crossing is only "improved" because it is too easy. Too easy because the defence is awful at getting back into position, and they simply don't have enough scope to do proper clearances. And your strikers end up running past a lot of the crosses. Crossing used to be hard; an art. You had to think about the position of defender and attacker, where you are on the field and what cross type to use. Now, you just hit circle. I don't even try to aim them anymore. If the striker misses it, the guy arriving late is putting it in. Not enough margin for error and another feature Konami continuously dumb down to suit the masses.

Back
Top Bottom