PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Yea it is a free cam, but it's still awkward. Why introduce something that doesn't work well when you already have one that works really really well?

This is my first PES game so I haven't seen the previous replay angles or the broadcast cam in-game that was meant to be better than the current one.

Eh let's wait and see lol

This is my first PES game so I haven't seen the previous replay angles or the broadcast cam in-game that was meant to be better than the current one.

Eh let's wait and see lol
YouTube - pes6 beckham free kick

That's a free kick my mate (the one you played 2v1 against earlier!) scored on PES6 back in 2007, I did the camerawork and captured the video (he added the arrogant intro text in Movie Maker :P) but it just shows how much better the replay system was back then - look at the variety of angles and the ease of which I could access and control them in real time.

I don't understand how they managed to even go backwards with this feature, I can't remember as I didn't play a lot of it, but I think PES 2010's replays were fine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely, the replay system was so ingenious, that free cam meant you could replicate all of the available angles from the current game, plus endless more possibilites depending on what you wana see. It was perfect.

YouTube - pes6 beckham free kick

That's a free kick my mate (the one you played 2v1 against earlier!) scored on PES6 back in 2007, I did the camerawork and captured the video (he added the arrogant intro text in Movie Maker :P) but it just shows how much better the replay system was back then - look at the variety of angles and the ease of which I could access and control them in real time.

I don't understand how they managed to even go backwards with this feature, I can't remember as I didn't play a lot of it, but I think PES 2010's replays were fine!

LOL @ the text. Best text ever...

Yeah they look pretty good the angles! Not sure on the ball though haha. Looks like it's made of old lounge fabric :P

LOL @ the text. Best text ever...

Yeah they look pretty good the angles! Not sure on the ball though haha. Looks like it's made of old lounge fabric :P
Haha it was just a random kitserver ball, there were hundreds of them in the game including a few joke ones so it could well have been "old lounge fabric" :LOL:.

pes series popularity growth was mainly influenced by kitserver development. and we all know that only one person can do it - juce.

but the guy is fed up with bad pes games lately and from what i know, further kitserver development is up on the air, depending on quality of pes 2012. development of kitserver for pes 2011 proves it all. just basic functions. and even that is now in the air.

bottom line, the pes without kitserver is just half of a game. also no kitserver = no quality patches. and in that scenario, it will not be able to compete fifa.

both games need each other, fifa needs good pes, also pes needs good fifa. that's only how it can work to benefit us, the gamers.

P.S. i know this is not PC subforum, but i guess majority of us play pes and fifa on pc.

Last edited:
Ball physics is a must to be fixed for me.

When people talk a about ball physics, they usually tallk about shooting only, but one the most important thing for a sim football game imo is ball physics on passing, and that's one of the things that pes 2012 needs to have a big improvement compared to the current game (pes2011). That's what dictates the game speed and how balanced are both styles: fast paced game vs slow build up game. IMO, currently all games I played in the last years are biased to fast paced game with no exception.

To compensate the more variable and realistic ball speed (as some passes can be not fast enough, and that will force the reciever player to react faster), players need to have a much better reaction time and smoother movements, specially when you have the ball in possession. They need to add new or smoother movements to make easier to get rid of pressure, and the secound pressure needs to be a lot less useful (more tatical and intelligente pressure, less individual and noob pressure PLEASEEEEE), and also the fatigue system needs to have more impact for those who pressure, run all the way down and use the secound pressuere a lot.

What's your thoughts on this regard ?

ALL these things are not much to ask.

pes series popularity growth was mainly influenced by kitserver development. and we all know that only one person can do it - juce.

but the guy is fed up with bad pes games lately and from what i know, further kitserver development is up on the air, depending on quality of pes 2012. development of kitserver for pes 2011 proves it all. just basic functions. and even that is now in the air.

bottom line, the pes without kitserver is just half of a game. also no kitserver = no quality patches. and in that scenario, it will not be able to compete fifa.

both games need each other, fifa needs good pes, also pes needs good fifa. that's only how it can work to benefit us, the gamers.

P.S. i know this is not PC subforum, but i guess majority of us play pes and fifa on pc.

Nope. most PC players don't talk in these part of the forums at all!

The PS3 version is better than the PC one anyway. Less bugs, better sound, no inconsistencies with gameplay due to computer spec etc.. No fuss!

Sure you have kitserver etc.. but i just prefer the minimum fuss approach of a console. can't be arsed to spend ages changing this and that because of a patch going wrong etc..

I tried to ease juce into PES 2011 but he seems highly ignorant about it like many others so i can't be fucking bothered to try discuss gameplay with many of these PC players (not all but a lot of them) Just run away when they don't have an awnser.

Nope. most PC players don't talk in these part of the forums at all!

The PS3 version is better than the PC one anyway. Less bugs, better sound, no inconsistencies with gameplay due to computer spec etc.. No fuss!

Sure you have kitserver etc.. but i just prefer the minimum fuss approach of a console. can't be arsed to spend ages changing this and that because of a patch going wrong etc..

I tried to ease juce into PES 2011 but he seems highly ignorant about it like many others so i can't be fucking bothered to try discuss gameplay with many of these PC players (not all but a lot of them) Just run away when they don't have an awnser.

I couldnt disagree more about ps3 version being better than pc. Yair, like it or not has totally transformed the gameplay,ball physics,goalkeepers (i currently play 9.0a version) it may not be perfect but it pisses all over konami's code.

I read an update about kitserver 2 days ago on moddingway and he is soon to release faceserver then around 3 weeks from then stadiumserver. so that seems a little harsh, Klash.

http://downloads.moddingway.com/download/index.html

I would love to see a edit mode feature where you can edit the commentary. People who are a master in edit mode then get the option to add FIFA's commentary like they did on the pc. From all the things that are not going to be fixed/better in 2012 the commentary is something i just simply hate. Really I am disgusted by it. I always turn it off. I have no fate that this will be resolved for 2013. Yes i said 2013!.

Absolute rubbish article but I suppose it's news.

PES 2012: Is the King finally
back?

May 11th, 2011 by Jovana Sumar

PES 2011 did a great job of winning back fans
that had gotten sick of Konami ’s flagship sports
title after years of empty promises. It is by no
means a perfect football sim, but it certainly is a
step in the right direction and PES 2012 is
shaping up to be even better.
The watchword for PES 2012 seems to be
continuity. The PES devs don ’t want to do
anything too new or too radical as they already
have a great base with PES 2011. One thing
many fans will be glad to hear is that the issues of
customized net animations has been taken to the
team by the PES Team Leader Jon Murphy. Also,
some news was given to PSM3 that the entire PES
experience would be more “seamless”, doing
away with a lot of cut scenes. This could end up
ruining PES or truly marking it as the King of all
Footy titles once again.
The only other piece of information is however, a
sad one. There will definitely not be a full
Bundesliga roster – that much has been
confirmed. Whether Konami will be able to get
some new leagues, and perhaps a few more
English teams remains to be seen, but the future
is certainly looking good.

igxpro.net/2011/05/11/pes-2012-is-the-king-finally-back/

I couldnt disagree more about ps3 version being better than pc. Yair, like it or not has totally transformed the gameplay,ball physics,goalkeepers (i currently play 9.0a version) it may not be perfect but it pisses all over konami's code.

Well i've played both and the PC gameplay seems to vary, depending on nvidea settings and quality level etc..

I've played most of yair patches and it's made the game easier for me. Again, i just don't know with the PC, the gameplay is unstable! One day its like lighting, one day it's a bit slower.

only think which improved was ball physics ,t hat was it i think.

I read an update about kitserver 2 days ago on moddingway and he is soon to release faceserver then around 3 weeks from then stadiumserver. so that seems a little harsh, Klash.

http://downloads.moddingway.com/download/index.html

Well the problem is that the whole editing community relys on one guy! The community should get an alternative up and running if he dosen't like PES anymore. they have that Mega link, but that stopped because of kitserver it seems.

If he dosen't like PES anymore fine even if he's not giving it a chance, the thing is when someone who rightfully isn't interested in making kitserver because this is free work and he dosen't have to make patches. Isn't it silly that the whole community relies on him?

back?

away with a lot of cut scenes. This could end up
Footy titles once again.

Only thing i want to hear is that when I am in MLO and get 11 chances with di natale at least one should go in. This momentum thing really destroys this game. Yeah i just played a game where this happened. It doesn't make sense.

Been happening to me today.

I'd miss an open goal where ply player takes a heavy touch when i press shoot, or he will sky it over the ball even when i don't even press the shot button hard, yet somehow the opponent gets one chance, he flukes through my players and boom.

Thing is i can tell when I'm getting all the luck, when the other guy is missing open goals and I'm scoring from total flukes!

Maybe it's just the lag in games here and there but MLO has just been crazy today! Yes, that is football but most of the games (again maybe its lag) Because the AI isn't set to top player they make some ridiculous errors!

So what kind of improvements to ball physics have been made via the PC patch?

By the way - I assume it costs a large amount of money to buy licences for extra teams / leagues. I would rather they spent what they can afford (which might be 20% of the cost of buying new licences) on giving us a proper web interface where we can do our own editing for everything and allow enough slots to save these items.

That way we can change player names, team strips, emblems, league structures etc all very easily and import it into the game. We can already see that a large part of PES gamers don't mind having to install option files so I believe it would be more beneficial if they saved costs on licensing to improve animations/gameplay/physics etc and then gave the community a powerful tool to correct the things they can't afford.

And make the tool available just prior to release date or at the same time. I think these kinds of tools already exist for flashed consoles - why not leverage from their work? Obviously stats etc should reset to default for online games but strips and team names should be allowed to be used just as they currently are.

As an Xbox owner, the editing I have done myself to bring in the Australian teams took me forever and I didnt end up finishing...and the quality is good but nowhere near what I could have done with a PS3 or if their was a proper editing tool....not pixel paint lol.

So what kind of improvements to ball physics have been made via the PC patch?

Ball is 'lighter' and feels less marble like with ground passes etc.. Bounces better, pace of he ball feels better. :)

I would rather they spent what they can afford on giving us a proper web interface where we can do our own editing for everything and allow enough slots to save these items.

That way we can change player names, team strips, emblems, league structures etc all very easily and import it into the game. We can already see that a large part of PES gamers don't mind having to install option files so I believe it would be more beneficial if they saved costs on licensing to improve animations/gameplay/physics etc and then gave the community a powerful tool to correct the things they can't afford.

And make the tool available just prior to release date or at the same time. I think these kinds of tools already exist for flashed consoles - why not leverage from their work? Obviously stats etc should reset to default for online games but strips and team names should be allowed to be used just as they currently are.

As an Xbox owner, the editing I have done myself to bring in the Australian teams took me forever and I didnt end up finishing...and the quality is good but nowhere near what I could have done with a PS3 or if their was a proper editing tool....not pixel paint lol.

:WORSHIP: Thing is i thought it would be possible now for someone to change one of the PC database editing tools so you can use PS3 and xbox option files...

But a separate official editor which could be used across all platforms would be brilliant.

back?

away with a lot of cut scenes.
This could end up
Footy titles once again.

I'm surprised no one has touched on this? If this is true then it is surely huge!

Like this is the only problem with 2011 game :JAY: :P

Its not a problem in 2011. It's something net fetishists have been asking for for many years. So its good they've finally added it. Now fetishists can rest...

I think FIFA 12 is kind of doing the same, Rutter said stuff in January that indicates that there will be quick throw ins for example to make it more seamless. What more cutscenees/resets are there except corner kicks and goal kicks too? Quick freekicks both games already have.

I think FIFA 12 is kind of doing the same, Rutter said stuff in January that indicates that there will be quick throw ins for example to make it more seamless. What more cutscenees/resets are there except corner kicks and goal kicks too? Quick freekicks both games already have.

quick free kicks are almost non existant in pes 2011. replays on every f. foul was essentialy one of the dumbest decision ever.
replays should not happen automatically, rather we should press a button if we want to see them or not. replays are way too long and boring, i do prefer the old school ones, quick and essential.

one option to block replays on line would be very much welcomed. those teens agers can still watch full match highlights at the end of the game. On fly menu to subs people so no need to pause the game. I actually use the option to automatically sub tired players on line, so i pretty much never pause the game when i play on line (all the rest u can do without pausing pretty much).

The game does need to play more intensively without a million cutscene, replays and pauses.

Also the games has significant slow downs on line, especially in the second half.

What i am hearing is really good stuff. they are taking community feedback and working on it. well done konami!

I've been playing a few games online this week and I'm sorry, but it's not the same game on and offline. I just want to play the same game, with the same options (manual goalkeeper?), the same speed, the same shooting system, etc.

Fix this in 2012 Konami.

Well i've played both and the PC gameplay seems to vary, depending on nvidea settings and quality level etc..

When you put it that way i see your point. It does take a lot of tweaking to get it to play smoothly, and it does seem you need a pretty good rig to get the best out of it on high settings.

If he dosen't like PES anymore fine even if he's not giving it a chance, the thing is when someone who rightfully isn't interested in making kitserver because this is free work and he dosen't have to make patches. Isn't it silly that the whole community relies on him?

People in the past have tried to takeover the kitserver side of things, and juce has said in the past that it is very complicated to do. So a dumbass like me couldnt do it. :CONFUSE: :DD

BTW Klash, if you do get the time try 8.0a by yair (not 9.0a as i previously said) the goalkeepers in this version are a lot harder to beat.

Am i alone in thinking the first touch element from 2010 was better than 2011 and would like to see it back for 2012?

Its not a problem in 2011. It's something net fetishists have been asking for for many years. So its good they've finally added it. Now fetishists can rest...

I agree with that,better physics of goal net is needed,to be realistic game.
And i say that because of article,cause they write as that is the only problem of game :P

I'm surprised no one has touched on this? If this is true then it is surely huge!

Hey Lami, sorry to keep on about the pc version but eversince a couple of months ago we have been able to disable the replays and i must say it is a massive improvement to the flow of the game.

I just keep the replays for shots and goals. It is so much better not to have the game interupted by every foul or offside decision.

So if konami does implement this for 2012 it would be a gamesaver definatly not a gamebreaker.

@Badgerman, good to see you posting again bro :))

Back
Top Bottom