PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Still you never know what other companies can bring to the table mate. New people, new ideas, even if they don't turn out to be as competitive. Their ideas might be a fresh addition to us customers and probably add something both Konami and EA never thought of.

Something like this would be brilliant:

An alternate football game.
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/5209625-post1.html

Or a game build like football manager with just one mode but you can play with your team. Again so it goes very deep into the managerial side of things, But you can play with the team and with a good match engine.

Hopefully one day we'll have much more football titles for more competition just like the old days. Tbh its becoming a bit boring this dual-monopoly.

Call me pessimistic but I can't see the duopoly being broken up any time soon. It pains me to say it but I could even see a time when Fifa is the sole player in the football game market if they continue their aggressive approach to acquiring licences, and continue with their technological advances and huge marketing budget.

The barrier to entry for a new football game is huge. Between them, EA and Konami have hoovered-up all the major licences and struck exclusive deals with many clubs, leagues and competitions. Any new football game would have to start off almost completely unlicensed, and in this HD age I really don't think there is any appetite for such a game.

Ubisoft came along the other year and got all our hopes up, but delivered a steaming turd of a game. I hope they stick with it though and realise that a football sim is where the money is. They have the resources and talent to pull it off. Then there's 2K Sports, who I've no doubt could deliver a very competent football sim, but their focus is the American market so it will never happen. And with the large number of software companies closing or being consumed by other companies I'm not sure who else is out there to challenge EA and Konami.

It's a shame because I fondly remember my Amiga gaming days where football games were all over the place, probably 10 or more out there. Even if most of them were shit, it was a good time to be a football gamer. Licensing wasn't the big issue it is today.

It's a shame because I fondly remember my Amiga gaming days where football games were all over the place, probably 10 or more out there. Even if most of them were shit, it was a good time to be a football gamer. Licensing wasn't the big issue it is today.

Mate, only 10-12 years ago you had

FIFA (EA)
PES (Konami)
ISS (made by Konami the teams slip in two)
TIF (This is Football)(SCE London Studio)
Actual Soccer (Gremlin Interactive)
Libero Grande (namaco)
World league Soccer (Eidos/Silicon Dreams)
Champions League game (Eidos/Silicon Dreams)
SEGA worldwide soccer
Club football (Codemasters)

Sensible Soccer was still about i think

and a few more. PES was at the top, FIFA was the game you played for about a week then got bored then you had TIF, World League soccer and actua soccer which kept you occupied for a while with people preferring them due to their differing tastes and needs.

I used to love World League soccer 99 and This is football 2002, just because they were pure fun really.

Look at what would be possible now. A company like Eidos/Square enix could revive the world league soccer. Codemasters could do the same with club football (which was pretty crap).

I'd like to see some more companies trying to give us another alternate. I think they could do well if they offer something different that what we already have like i said with an alternate football game (futsal, beach soccer etc..).

Mate, only 10-12 years ago you had

FIFA (EA)
PES (Konami)
ISS (made by Konami the teams slip in two)
TIF (This is Football)(SCE London Studio)
Actual Soccer (Gremlin Interactive)
Libero Grande (namaco)
World league Soccer (Eidos/Silicon Dreams)
Champions League game (Eidos/Silicon Dreams)
SEGA worldwide soccer
Club football (Codemasters)

Sensible Soccer was still about i think

and a few more. PES was at the top, FIFA was the game you played for about a week then got bored then you had TIF, World League soccer and actua soccer which kept you occupied for a while with people preferring them due to their differing tastes and needs.

I used to love World League soccer 99 and This is football 2002, just because they were pure fun really.

Look at what would be possible now. A company like Eidos/Square enix could revive the world league soccer. Codemasters could do the same with club football (which was pretty crap).

I'd like to see some more companies trying to give us another alternate. I think they could do well if they offer something different that what we already have like i said with an alternate football game (futsal, beach soccer etc..).
Feminine Soccer :JAY:

The 'This Is Football' series was pretty decent to be fair. I know it got a bit of a hard time from the PES snobs of the time but it was a fun football game that was very nicely presented. I was sad to see it go, I think it would've had a lot to offer on next-gen consoles.

I remember Viva Football - didn't it have the FIFA-esque manual celebrations? :)

Can't remember what the gameplay was like (and can't find any videos on YouTube :(), but having all of those classic teams was brilliant!

How about that "Sven Goran Eriksson's World Challenge"?

Has to be up there for the award of worst football game!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adidas Power Soccer.

Absolutely shocking.

I remember that being on a demo disc I got when I bought my PS1.

viva
adidas power
football kingdom

:))

HOW COULD I FORGET :CONFUSE:! Adidas Power soccer! That WAS a fun, but pretty broken arcade game! Anyone here remember the 'Predator shot' which was too powerful for keepers to save :LOL:? :BOP: . It was so good my friend just gave it to me for free.

Who here remembers David Beckham Soccer? and how the company went under because of how bad it was :FAIL: :LOL:

Hardly surprising since this was the engine it was built from :LMAO::LMAO:
YouTube - UEFA Dream Soccer - Faults

Last edited:
The 'This Is Football' series was pretty decent to be fair. I know it got a bit of a hard time from the PES snobs of the time but it was a fun football game that was very nicely presented. I was sad to see it go, I think it would've had a lot to offer on next-gen consoles.

Jumpers for goalposts = classic. I owned 2 of the series and it was pretty decent for it's time.

I loved David Beckham Soccer as a kid, from what I remember the training challenge mode was pretty good!

HOW COULD I FORGET :CONFUSE:! Adidas Power soccer! That WAS a fun, but pretty broken arcade game! Anyone here remember the 'Predator shot' which was too powerful for keepers to save :LOL:? :BOP: . It was so good my friend just gave it to me for free.

Who here remembers David Beckham Soccer? and how the company went under because of how bad it was :FAIL: :LOL:

Hardly surprising since this was the engine it was built from :LMAO::LMAO:
YouTube - UEFA Dream Soccer - Faults

mCU8jmcCknhaneztKwDmYdCyo1_500.jpg

I'm glad I was introduced to ISS on SNES. It changed everything.

Used to love world league soccer and sega worldwide on thd saturn(ha!). came across a uefa league soccer game on ps1 the other day and yeah it got me thinking on how many random football games there were back then.

Such a shame licenses have to be such a problem these days for sports titles. Would love to see 2k sports do a football game and namco produce a true sequel to football kingdom.

Ryan giggs soccer
Pele soccer

Adam @ WENB:

Well PES 2012 is so stable right now, from quick FK's to advantage rule, to physicality and collision detection, to brand new reworked ball physics...

Oh wait, that was one of the surprises...

Also there will be beta test news fairly soon. Hopefully at E3. Cant wait! :)

More.....

So you guys are starting to understand how awesome a game can be with solid improvements, right?

So from everything I've said now, add individual player run styles (back again), and then also add AI awareness, like slowing down when the ball is going out of play and wont be caught (nice animation), and we have an amazing product.

The individual player run styles?

there's 4 plus Messi has his own slow dribbling one.

I want to see running styles suited to different player builds like one for smaller players, one of huge big defenders.

maybe specific ones which suit African players, South Americans etc..

Liking that the ball physics have been reworked - hopefully it's more of a complete overhaul.

This is one area PES 2011 is a joke, the ball physics are horrible.

Liking that the ball physics have been reworked - hopefully it's more of a complete overhaul.

This is one area PES 2011 is a joke, the ball physics are horrible.

Agree. They are barely tolerable. And I'm not referring to shooting like most do when they talk about ball physics, I'm talking about how the ball reacts... And it's weight... ugh...

Back
Top Bottom