PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Regardless, people will still be playing the demo code before they decided it was worth releasing to the public. I can't believe nobody said "Hang on, the keepers are shit in this. Maybe we should fix that up to make them at least Championship level rather than pretty much ruin the matches?". Clearly that discussion never happened though.

Of course it's a risk offering a very raw and unfinished demo, but I think Konami are well aware of that and deliberately decided to do it, in order to let people try the game out way before they can try out Fifa 12, to get a basic feeling of what Konami tries to achieve...

The second demo to be released at the same time as Fifa 12's demo will then prove how it all works in the final game, imho a risky but very good strategy.

Edit: By the way I don't like demos, after every match settings have to be repeated...

Last edited:
I actually read in the controls yesterday that shot cancel combination changed to something else (it's actually in a tab called "changed controls" or something). Or that doesn't work either?

By the way, great vid ahah.

M8, i try all combination where i know but :x nothing ... Super cancel is here, R1+R2 but only for player without ball.

I´m joining to the chorus who love the defending in PES 2012.
Jogging with R2(not with the automated R2 + x) is amazingly fun and rewarding. Best defensing feeling I ever had in football game. Together with cleverly used square press button it makes defending absolut joy. I´ve been doing it the last two PES iterations but with this game I´m feeling rewarded to getting used to this kind of defending and now it pay offs. If you feel defending is hard I have to say it´s not. Just need to get used to it. More deep now. Wonder how it feels against human player.

I wouldn´t change too much in the game right now(maybe I change my mind after playing much more). The issues are surprise surprise Goalkeepers, rubberband issue with the ball and default speed(0) too fast. Does anybody feels that the ball is bubbling a little bit too much in a kind artificial way? Or maybe I still have PES 2011 ball physics in my mind.

Anyway giant steps Konami is taking right now. More than pleased.

PS. If you play Copa Libertados match in the afternoon(yellowish tint) try and change colors as following. IMO much better colors.

R -6
G +5
B +6
+5 (I don´t know what this is, maybe rgb because I play with the japanese version)

I know I was banned and everything but just thought I'd say PES2012 is a huge improvement over PES2011, this is the first next-gen version that I've found playable. I echo the thoughts of most people on here and would like to add +1 to the requests to make 0 pass assistance more manual if not completely.

But have you tried the combinations in the controls list or not? Wasn't clear.

Yeap i try it too ,but Konami still dont learn what is Shot cancel and what is Fake shot ! there all combination are or Fake shot, the real shot cancel is shot or high pass + R1+R2. Even more, now in PES 2012 u cant cancel nothing when the player control the ball , if animation is start, even one frame of animation , u cant cancel it.

Regardless, people will still be playing the demo code before they decided it was worth releasing to the public. I can't believe nobody said "Hang on, the keepers are shit in this. Maybe we should fix that up to make them at least Championship level rather than pretty much ruin the matches?". Clearly that discussion never happened though.

Which is why they put in a disclaimer that people had to read. I would really like to think that society is smart enough to realize what such a disclaimer means.

I know I was banned and everything but just thought I'd say PES2012 is a huge improvement over PES2011, this is the first next-gen version that I've found playable. I echo the thoughts of most people on here and would like to add +1 to the requests to make 0 pass assistance more manual if not completely.

Apology accepted.

I just tried pes2012 on ps3...

Tragic arcade ping pong blind passing game again...

Its miles away from fifa11 on slow/manual and probably from fifa12 also.

Little better from pes11 but still miles away...

No way Seabass...

i guess you didn't even try to put all pass support to zero
i suggest you to cancel that pes-fifa master
you don't care anymore about Pes, it's just blindly Fifa for you now :FAIL:

Last edited:
I never know which thread to comment in anymore.

Players still do auto clearances even with auto-clearance turned off. Kind of odd. Usually i'd think it's because i pressed some button by accident but i just had one now where i didn't press anything at all. I was trying to run onto the ball to break into a counter attack and he just leathered the ball forward. I hadn't pressed any of the buttons in a while (i was to busy trying to get it to switch to that player). That's the oddest scenario i've seen. I had one earlier where my player cleared it for me after the ball was lumped into the box. That time it was helpful and i wasn't complaining.

Last edited:
Apology accepted.

This is probably the first time a playtester has ever made an honest report about PES on next-gen, so you can't blame people for being sceptical. Also the viral marketing stuff was a blatant wind up lol.

Anyway I hope they fix the glaring issues, although I love the anti-pressure model coming from FIFA I think the collisions need to be made a bit more sensitive, fair enough if you get outskilled when diving into a challenge but sometimes I position myself perfectly, don't commit too early and they still just ghost through me somehow, the collision detection needs to be changed not the defending itself.

Agreed with above. Popped in PES2011 and it played like an old friend LOL sorry don't hate I spent a lot of time with the ole beauty.
PES2012 is a real shock to the system when you played 2011 everyday for the last year.
I booted up PES2012 and it felt so sluggish but enjoyable can't believe how fifa esque PES is with the added animations. I wonder if we'll still get fast flowing football on PES2012 its just as satisfying every odd game or so.

Yeap i try it too ,but Konami still dont learn what is Shot cancel and what is Fake shot ! there all combination are or Fake shot, the real shot cancel is shot or high pass + R1+R2. Even more, now in PES 2012 u cant cancel nothing when the player control the ball , if animation is start, even one frame of animation , u cant cancel it.

is it still possible to cancel a pass by pressing x ?

In every single game i've played in this demo, i haven't once seen an offside situation.. is it just me???

This is probably the first time a playtester has ever made an honest report about PES on next-gen, so you can't blame people for being sceptical. Also the viral marketing stuff was a blatant wind up lol.

Anyway I hope they fix the glaring issues, although I love the anti-pressure model coming from FIFA I think the collisions need to be made a bit more sensitive, fair enough if you get outskilled when diving into a challenge but sometimes I position myself perfectly, don't commit too early and they still just ghost through me somehow, the collision detection needs to be changed not the defending itself.

Agree completely with the defending/collision detection. I'm still not a fan of the dribbling either, its far too frantic and lacks the subtlety of 2011. Having said that I'm not too concerned, let's bare in mind that this is an early code and the first of two demos.

i guess you didn't even try to put all pass support to zero
i suggest you to cancel that pes-fifa master
you don't care anymore about Pes, it's just blindly Fifa for you now :FAIL:

My first thing was to put pass assist to zero bars. No difference at all. Passes automatic again man...

is it still possible to cancel a pass by pressing x ?

No, i try it. If you make a low pass with X then press X again, it's is just a pass, not like was in PES 2010 and PES 2011 , pass cacnel, not fake pass, just pass cancel . If you press High pass + X= low pass , now that is fake shot, old sql but limite fake shot only wiht 90 degrees turn.

AntrAcsA i see you on twitter.. tweeting to JoMo right now.. lol

I just give some feedback on #LLI tag, at all :D

Last edited:
No, i try it. If you make a low pass with X then press X again, it's is just a pass, not like was in PES 2010 and PES 2011 , pass cacnel, not fake pass, just pass cancel . If you press High pass + X= low pass , now that is fake shot, old sql but limite fake shot only wiht 90 degrees turn.

Too bad.. i didn't really use pass cancel that much, but i liked that you could do it nonetheless. Now (shot/pass) cancel with R1+R2 i DO miss!! :(

I read your tweet to Jon about it just now on twitter.. hope they put it back in

I see the odd offside, not many though. I don't miss them to be honest, I think it broke up the game far too much. Now players actually try and stay onside rather than jogging along unaware of where they are.

As for the keepers, agree with Dags. The rest of the game is in a perfectly fine state to release a demo, but seeing as this is still being used as a promotional tool prior to release, it's odd that Konami release a demo where keepers aren't fit for purpose. Strange.

Really enjoying the improvements to the game and have noticed a slightly new technique to my dribbling feels more realistic. I tilt the stick in one direction then stop moving it entirely. The player's momentum carries them forwards at much slower speeds, and when a foot comes in I can again gently brush the stick in another direction and he can more deliberately evade a challenge at a manageable speed. This makes the dribbling feel more deliberate, whether it's intended or not I'm really not sure though.

But I still can't get used to the strange flow to the players and ball, it's like everything is marginally full of helium or something.....

Too bad.. i didn't really use pass cancel that much, but i liked that you could do it nonetheless. Now (shot/pass) cancel with R1+R2 i DO miss!! :(

I read your tweet to Jon about it just now on twitter.. hope they put it back in
Shot\High pass with R1+R2 or RB+RT is in the comand list in PES 2012 like a " kick cancel" , but it dont work in the game.

I see the odd offside, not many though. I don't miss them to be honest, I think it broke up the game far too much. Now players actually try and stay onside rather than jogging along unaware of where they are.

That's nice. I'm sure it's just the demo because i haven't seen one yet.

I don't find it logical that players can run to the box with a CPU player tracking them (to the fullest) thus ruling out offside which makes no sense... right? Free kick position dependent of course.

Also I find that forward runs by attackers are made too rarely, also causing no offsides but i'm sure this has to do with it just being a demo (lets hope)

Shot\High pass with R1+R2 or RB+RT is in the comand list in PES 2012 like a " kick cancel" , but it dont work in the game.

Oh it is? Oh then it's probably just a bug. I'm sure it will be in the final installment.

You actually made me glad by saying it was in the command list. :P

Anyone interested in the fake names of the Portuguese league teams? :P
bhYzz.png

Here's who they match:
ARATALCAO - Académica
BEFMAXAO - Beira-Mar
Benfica (licensed)
BRESIGNE - Braga
FORCEILHO - CD Feirense
GAVORENCE - Gil Vicente
UQUEIDOL - UD Leiria
MASEADEIRA - Marítimo
NARDIMCOL -Nacional
PODEFTEZA - Paços Ferreira
FC Porto (licensed)
ROVANECHE - Rio Ave
Sporting de Portugal (licensed)
OSQUANCHA - SC Olhanense
VISICUTAO - Vitória Guimarães
VERFOLCAO - Vitória Setúbal

List of this year's Master League default players:
tydqV.png

Many "classics" missing it seems. Retired perhaps? Also, lots of new ones.

A big number of the retired master league players are under the "MANAGER" section.
1ZkB4.png

Only played a few games of the WE demo yesterday, was not impressed. DL'ed the PES demo and fired it up around 9pm and I have just finished playing at 2am! The game is brilliant and the only things I can moan about are:

Player switching is too quick sometimes and switches when defending and I dont want it to.

Passing needs to be more free.

A bit easy to keep the ball.

Keepers.

Thats it! I pretty much loved every minute.

It is a joy to defend in this game, I have not felt this since PES5 and using a young Carragher in my ML team. Slide tackles are awesome and you can really preform some defending heroics, one time I slide in and won the ball, it went flying off up the wing so I ran the reciever down and slid in and knocked it out for a throw, was a satisfying as scoring a goal!
The refs are great, they really help make the defending what it is.

I played the whole time with Penarol, I really dont see the complaints about individuality. My fave player is Luis Aguilar, I get him on the ball whenever possible and I can feel a massive difference between him and some others in my team. Scored a hat trick with him in a 3 - 1 over santos, have got a few assists, he is good on the ball and takes up good positions. My only worry is that if Aguilar feels this good and he is only rated around 70 then what are the 90+ players like???
Saw lots of poor touches and when you get a leser player on a blue arrow the movement and response is like 2011, liked that.
I love the 2 CFs they are quite different and I managed to score a great goal with each of them, again I dont understand the complaints about individuality I use them both in totally different ways because of their feel.

I like how the CPU will punish you if you pressure too much and leave space, makes the play much more considered and I hope online will be the same.

AI is fantastic, I read some saying that they do not see the teammates make runs like in the videos but I have seen plenty of it, also seen diagonals and scored with the player that made it :BOP:.

If the shooting & keepers are better in the final release then this will probably be the best PES yet :WORSHIP:. I dont remember having as much fun playing any other PES except maybe 5.

Need to play with Santos tomorrow and see what Neymar is capeable of.

I feel indivdualty is more critical in Milan squad. It's definetly more evident in Manchester, but with Milan i really feel that most of them are a bit too light and too confortable on the ball. Attacking players can be devastating with quick turns around or into the box.

Back
Top Bottom