PES 2011 Discussion thread

Power bar image leaked at WENB (may soon be taken down, though). Mobile camera quality, claims to be real - I, for one, believe it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

[Edit: Great stuff, tobi, you beat me to it :) ]

From the looks of it the pass power bar wont be above the player name tile like FIFA but instead beneath the player. I think UEFA Euro 2008 had a similar set up. I would prefer it to be like FIFA. Hopefully there is an option but nonetheless its all looking great!

That looks good. Don't get why the power bar looks like a smiley face though.

Also thought WENB can't post leaks?

PES is generally quite good at being able to turn things off visually. I for one would quite like to hide the power bar from on screen (and other things that obscure the screen; name bar, radar etc). I hope it is possible.

It isn't that obtrusive but i would like to see what it looks like with other players around it.

am i the only one that thinks it sucks beyond inimaginable levels, having mini rainbows every time some player makes a pass, all over the pitch??.

this is their idea of realism??

im praying right now for it to be fake or optional at least.

the player model looks great btw

am i the only one that thinks it sucks beyond inimaginable levels, having mini rainbows every time some player makes a pass, all over the pitch??.

this is their idea of realism??

im praying right now for it to be fake or optional at least.

the player model looks great btw

Its not THAT bad is it? What's that got to do with realism?

may be i overreacted a little, my football game withdrawal is killing me, still, what will happen in a corner for example?, when there are 5/6 players together, the rainbow will appear over the players? behind them? and when 2 rainbows overlap??

to me, the less HUD the better, and the bar over the player name in the bottom is already perfect!

Just another tidbit, for the skeptical ones (I'm looking at you cesarpo ;) ). Someone at WENB created a mockup of how this will look in wide camera, by reducing Messi to the other players' height.

http://img168.imageshack.us/i/pes201012copy.jpg/

I don't think it looks that intrusive now, I may actually easily grow into it.

Side comment, someone also compared Messi's position with the following pic:

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/data/6385/messi.jpg

Hope this helps stirring the activity in this thread :)

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

I dont want it turned off because I need some visual assistance regarding the required power. All I want is for an option to have it above the players name like how its in FIFA.

It would be pretty nice if you can turn it off and learn how to pass around without the visual aid. Is that possible to do in FIFA?

It would be pretty nice if you can turn it off and learn how to pass around without the visual aid.

+1

I still think it looks a little too intrusive, even in the wide cam mock-up. I'm fairly confident Konami will give us the option to turn it off as they let us turn on/off every other part of the 'HUD'.

The way Messi's right foot is bent looks ace. The footplanting looks perfect.

i have a big news cummin my cousin works for eurogamer ...nd he emailed me a video from toyko im uploading nw ....da game play is amazine...im gona put the video on you tube ....the video is barcelona and liverpool

Last edited:
50p says it's highlights of the actual Inter Barca match. Possibly with little rainbows under the players.

yous have little faith its onli few secounds long

Bring it on! Great stuff - make sure to also upload it in video format to other sites - megaupload/rapidshare/you name it - so that, if someone takes the Youtube video offline, we still have ways of getting it :)

Where's jimmy for this one. I might be taking a swipe in the dark but isn't the curve part of how the pass or shot is played. If you put full power/arc on a shot it could affect the trajectory and pace on the ball. Like the swinging motion of your leg. I still want the option to decide which foot I shoot with, without changing the side the ball is on in relation to the player.
Exciting times.

I agree with the people that aslong as you can turn it off then im happy, you'll play with it the first 4-5 games and once you've got the hang of it, remove it.

Back
Top Bottom