PES 2011 Discussion thread

It has also just come to my knowledge that PES 6 has 79/100 on metacritic. Isn't the consensus that is one of the best PES games?

I think it adds fuel to the fire that games critics know sweet F.A

Also Jimmy where did you get those quotes from? (Boomtown, Spanzio games, IGN, Eurogamer Italy). I'm sure they aren't real.

Last edited:
FIFA hasn't; WC2010 is a lot closer.

I'd say WC2010 is slightly closer to getting dribbling right. Let's not get carried away, it's a tweaked Fifa10 not an overhaul.

An awful lot of people (e.g. shorty allen) don't seem to realise how to dribble in the EA titles - particularly those coming from PES. The shoulder buttons, L2 and R2, are utterly vital for controlling speed. I only really grasped this idea as a seasoned PES player when I got into Clubs. PES is a lot more simplistic in this regard. It's perhaps a little too complex in FIFA, if anything, though maybe it isn't if you hadn't been playing PES for more than a decade.

I'd have thought both titles will have the hype machines up to 11 in time for E3.

The trouble is, dribbling in Fifa is something of a futile exercise when faced with intense sprint-pressing opposition for an entire match with no loss of stamina, and defenders which rob you of the ball by brushing into you. This makes dribbling and using tricks much less instinctive than it should be. It's like dribbles/tricks need to be planned in advance in order to negate the relentless barrage of defensive pressure.

FIFA hasn't; WC2010 is a lot closer.

An awful lot of people (e.g. shorty allen) don't seem to realise how to dribble in the EA titles - particularly those coming from PES. The shoulder buttons, L2 and R2, are utterly vital for controlling speed. I only really grasped this idea as a seasoned PES player when I got into Clubs. PES is a lot more simplistic in this regard. It's perhaps a little too complex in FIFA, if anything, though maybe it isn't if you hadn't been playing PES for more than a decade.

I'd have thought both titles will have the hype machines up to 11 in time for E3.

Believe me, I always use close control in FIFA. It still isn't up to PES's level, including PES's close control too. In PES 2010 I actually feel like I'm kicking and touching a ball as a physical weighted object, with alternating feet or the strength of the touch, the effect of the ball physics and the individual player stats.

Even with close control and 360 movement FIFA feels like window dressing.

Last edited:
Ok, pro evo is the girl you loved, you argued alot but you stuck with her and had some amazing times, you thought she would be with you for life, then somehow she betrayed you.

You were then introduced to a girl called Fifa, you were looking for a rebound romance, she was pretty, but very shallow and never seemed to understand you, you tried to love her but the attraction was never there, you had to call it off.

To this day you still cannot get over the break up of the girl that is pro-evo. :)

Lol the amount of times that PES and FIFA gets compared to a relationship is hilarious.

I've been playing FIFA WC for the last week or so, even if I paid half price I still feel robbed. That is not football.

We need some news, there's feck-all else to talk about.:))

There has been some buzz on Twitter of the journos that went to Tokyo invited by Konami on a "PesTour".

Nothing completely new, but they apparently took alot of footage, both screenshots and videos, gameplay included... All coming in June. 1st day of June it seems.

There has been some buzz on Twitter of the journos that went to Tokyo invited by Konami on a "PesTour".

Nothing completely new, but they apparently took alot of footage, both screenshots and videos, gameplay included... All coming in June. 1st day of June it seems.

1st of June would be nice but haven't PSM got the exclusive on the 'news'? I guess there will be leaks and some sites putting news out early.

Also, do you know if WENB are getting any screenshots before June? I remember reading about them asking John Murphy for some screens.

1st of June would be nice but haven't PSM got the exclusive on the 'news'? I guess there will be leaks and some sites putting news out early.

Also, do you know if WENB are getting any screenshots before June? I remember reading about them asking John Murphy for some screens.

There's no exclusives. Konami has invited Journalists from literally all over the world to their headquarters, stay on a fantastic hotel in Tokyo, test the game, give feedback, meet the team, meet the team, meet the team (they actually went to various events with Seabass, since watching Sumo fighting to Karaoke...). These journalists took videos, screenshots, interviews, impressions and more... And all of that will be released once the embargo is lifted, in June!

There's no exclusives. Konami has invited Journalists from literally all over the world to their headquarters, stay on a fantastic hotel in Tokyo, test the game, give feedback, meet the team, meet the team, meet the team (they actually went to various events with Seabass, since watching Sumo fighting to Karaoke...). These journalists took videos, screenshots, interviews, impressions and more... And all of that will be released once the embargo is lifted, in June!

Thanks.:TU:

It's going to be a barren few weeks then. I hope the first look is worth the wait.

Thanks.:TU:

It's going to be a barren few weeks then. I hope the first look is worth the wait.

You can imagine that this was a wicked week over at WENB... We've closely followed 2 of the many journalists that were over there. One of them is Johnny Minkley from Eurogamer, other one is a Brazilian mate. They both reported they had an amazing week, one that they didn't expected to have with Konami. And about the game itself, here are the impressions from the Brazilian lad:

"The day at Konami was very good and I am amazed at PES 2011, the game is fantastic and has many differences from the previous game.

They really redid everything. The unfinished version of the game was only as the international team to play the Libertadores, but it was cool!".

Both twitters here, if you want to check it out for yourselves:

http://twitter.com/penpas
http://twitter.com/johnnyminkley

You can imagine that this was a wicked week over at WENB... We've closely followed 2 of the many journalists that were over there. One of them is Johnny Minkley from Eurogamer, other one is a Brazilian mate. They both reported they had an amazing week, one that they didn't expected to have with Konami. And about the game itself, here are the impressions from the Brazilian lad:

"The day at Konami was very good and I am amazed at PES 2011, the game is fantastic and has many differences from the previous game.

They really redid everything. The unfinished version of the game was only as the international team to play the Libertadores, but it was cool!".

Both twitters here, if you want to check it out for yourselves:

Yeah, I try my best to keep track of the PES2011 thread on the WENB forums, but there's so much to read through (six threads!). The little bits of info that have come out from Japan sound really positive, though.

So...This week in PICTURES! (all from twitter):
dpaGT.jpg

D0m0Y.jpg

pJSaV.jpg

SwUs5.jpg

m69oE.jpg

b8vci.jpg

PhoGB.jpg

Y0DzY.jpg

pVSW1.jpg

JHQ0Q.jpg

rFGfY.jpg

4gdb0.jpg

ygLJm.jpg

Courtesy of Jon Murphy, Johnny Minkley and Renato Siqueira (penpas).
http://twitter.com/JonMurphy_PES

Ok, pro evo is the girl you loved, you argued alot but you stuck with her and had some amazing times, you thought she would be with you for life, then somehow she betrayed you.

You were then introduced to a girl called Fifa, you were looking for a rebound romance, she was pretty, but very shallow and never seemed to understand you, you tried to love her but the attraction was never there, you had to call it off.

To this day you still cannot get over the break up of the girl that is pro-evo. :)

Exactly:BOP:

It has also just come to my knowledge that PES 6 has 79/100 on metacritic. Isn't the consensus that is one of the best PES games?

You should realize that Metacritic gathers some of it's reviews from sites that are not top gaming review sites. So it gathers a review from a large size organization such as IGN and also gathers from a shoddy 3 man run site.

Note it doesn't get every site's review for every game, In my opinion this distorts the overalls. So you could get one game getting a good score from 23 sites being better than one that gets a average score from 109 sites, even if the later game is technically better.

It's not an even playing field - pun intended ;-)

I think it adds fuel to the fire that games critics know sweet F.A

Also Jimmy where did you get those quotes from? (Boomtown, Spanzio games, IGN, Eurogamer Italy). I'm sure they aren't real.

:LOL:

Of course they are real. Google them. They are all the same site.

No way. I cannot dismiss it because I simply have no proof but at the same the game looks taken from a real-life match. May happen on PS4 though ;)

I dunno... If you look closely you can see it isn't a real match... And there are the adboards. I know this doesn't prove anything, but... Well, could prove it's a montage, lol.

Dear God that is so fake. Even the lettering on the modes isn't in line.

:LOL:

Of course they are real. Google them. They are all the same site.

I could have googled them before asking you're quite right.I went to try to find those quotes in the actual reviews i found on metacritic but couldn't find the exact quotes when i was skimming through (well the English ones).

Either way for instance Eurogamer Italy gave it 10/10 despite what they said and IGN gave it 9 i believe. It's stupid.

Back
Top Bottom