PES 2011 Discussion thread

i mean pes 2010 on x-box 360 ..... love pes 6 and iss pro 98 and 98/99 ,pes 2008 - 2010 shame for the entire series ,only graphics is ok . you love Pes 2010 because you have no alternative ,only fifa 10 ,Blind people

"I love troll but i don't like burger king " ;)

Last edited:
Every PES game after PES6 on the ps2 have been shit imho. So crap it forced me to try a fifa game!!

Im hoping the tides will turn. its bound to. EA wont be number one forever. just ask Konami

If PES 2011 truly delivers this year then Fifa11 wont even be a consideration for me. EA had their chance to kill PES and failed, because for all their technical superiority the one thing they couldn't do was deliver a compelling and involving football experience, something PES managed to do even through the bad times and that's why I still play PES2010.

i mean pes 2010 on x-box 360 ..... love pes 6 and iss pro 98 and 98/99 ,pes 2008 - 2010 shame for the entire series ,only graphics is ok . you love Pes 2010 because you have no alternative ,only fifa 10 ,Blind people

"I love troll but i don't like burger king " ;)

Zbyt inteligentnego świadectwa Polakom nie wystawiasz. Jakbyś nie zauważył, to forum X-Box 360, więc mają alternatywę w postaci Fify. Dopuść do siebie myśl, że ktoś ma inną opinię niż ty i przestań trollować. Bo to właśnie robisz.

FIFA 10 does not have heart, between players can not see any particular difference except: height ,balance,speed,shot power, there is no special animation characterizing the players do not see too much difference in technique, there are plenty of statistics but they do not reflect the end of what we see when game, and this was in the old PES version :)

JimboPL stop crying, and start going to a therapist to begin to heal their 'Polish' complexes, I respect that someone has a different opinion and express his own, the case had not noticed the forum xbox 360 but what's in this respect ...

and what to do with this intelligence? form of discussion can take different forms, or provocation. My opinion is clear pes 2010 on x box 2010 is very weak

greet

If PES 2011 truly delivers this year then Fifa11 wont even be a consideration for me. EA had their chance to kill PES and failed, because for all their technical superiority the one thing they couldn't do was deliver a compelling and involving football experience, something PES managed to do even through the bad times and that's why I still play PES2010.

You speak the truth!

JimboPL stop crying, and start going to a therapist to begin to heal their 'Polish' complexes, I respect that someone has a different opinion and express his own, the case had not noticed the forum xbox 360 but what's in this respect ...

and what to do with this intelligence? form of discussion can take different forms, or provocation. My opinion is clear pes 2010 on x box 2010 is very weak

greet

First of all - this topic is about PES2011 news and expectations.
You come and bitch like a 12yo kid "" WAAAA !!! PES2010 BAD, 2008-2010 BAD. YOU PEOPLE BLIND"
Yes, this is what i call trolling.

BTW
PES 2010 is the same game on all the platforms, unlike Fifa.

google traslator:

PES 2011: First Feedback from Press Tour in Konami Studios (05/13/2010)

Now no mention of another universe or PES Konami's press tour that he organized in Tokyo to show reporters around the world a beta version of PES 2011 . After some advances come the first few hours of direct feedback of those who got to see Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 live.
On Twitter a Brazilian journalist, Renato Siqueira , it reads: "At last I could see PES 2011. It 's great, have practically rebuilt everything. The game is very different from its predecessor and much much better." Currently applies a strict embargo on the press tour that still should be completed towards the end of the month or beginning of June but ended up at the end, we are confident that we will know much about Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 even with the arrival of new trailers and images.
All this and more talk in PES 2011 Italy , the largest Italian group on Facebook dedicated to all the chapters of Pro Evolution Soccer!

http://translate.google.com/transla...n.asp?ID=7245&p=6&id_gioco=2385&sl=auto&tl=en

So, even if FIFA 11 delivers as well (that is to say, delivers a compelling and involving football experience), you still won't give it a consideration?

So, even if FIFA 11 delivers as well (that is to say, delivers a compelling and involving football experience), you still won't give it a consideration?

Probably not. If PES is back to form then I don't really need two football games, as I much prefer the way PES does football compared to Fifa. I've bought every Fifa game since Fifa 08 and they normally last about a month before I get bored.

Edit: I liken it to the NBA games. I buy NBA2K over NBA Live every year but not both, because while EA's NBA Live is a decent game, 2K does basketball so much better. And the only reason I've played Fifa for the past few years is because PES has been below par, not because Fifa has been excellent.

Last edited:
I agree with Jamezinho, Fifa 10 had the chance but it proved that it couldn't do it and i don't think the basic elements of the game means that it actual can. I used to be quite hopeful of them being able to make the next game excellent but i had to think to myself what they could actually realistically do to the series to make it that way. It's core is something i don't agree with and they won't change the foundations so everything else will just be an illusion. Plus they can't alienate the myriad of casual fans who really couldn't care less as long as it just stays smooth and plays easy. I do fail to believe that if you asked somebody to truly tell you why they liked Fifa they couldn't come up with a convincing reason.

Fifa is and has been exactly the same game as it always has been at heart. It's always sold more than PES for a start and the only difference now is that it gives the illusion of being good because it's so much smoother than PES but for my 2 cents worth it's barely a football game other than it involves 22 players and one circular object. I don't really want to get bogged down into a PES v FIFA debate because it's futile, they are there own individual games but for my money they've both been rubbish recently so it doesn't seem that people have had much choice.

What bemuses me is that there are quite a few people here who have this accepted notion that FIFA 10 is a let down and actually not good, but it's exactly the same game as FIFA 09 pretty much and the general consensus that i can gather seems to be that we liked that one (including myself). I just think it was a bit of a falsity, i think we secretly liked being able to go to another game for a change even if we didn't realise it. Choice is great, why have vanilla everytime even if i love it can't i try the chocolate and see if i prefer that (can't be bothered with a better analogy).

I don't even really see the big deal with the old PES'. The argument is usually, oh i liked PES 5/6 but PES 2010 is rubbish. Balls to that it's the same game, PES 5/6 weren't exactly a complete reflection of football personified perfectly in video game form. People liked them because they felt like football and encapsulated the emotion that goes with football not because the were perfect.

Fifa may be the flavour of the month right now and quite frankly it has a lot to do with PES being so so off form with 2008/2009 but i can see people turning back to PES with this new game. I can conclude this from personal experience, i came back to check out PES 2010 because FIFA 10 just got so dull and lifeless. They just need to create a game good enough to convince people to give it that second chance and i can see a lot flooding back.

I won't go into it as I'm too tired and it will drag things off topic but PES 2010 and PES 5/6 are poles apart. They are not more or less the same game, not by a long stretch.

FWIW I genuinely am very interested by the new PES, and I have said a couple of times in the past 6 or 7 months that if Konami improved their animations (and, in the case of PES 2010, the responsiveness and general standard of play) then they'd move into a very strong position. I just think it's naive to read some hardcore-pant-moistening PR briefs and then nail your colours to the wall based on that, or indeed to say that if one of the games becomes good then you'd ignore the other even if it would turn out to be even better by your own measures. It's all entirely hyp(e)othetical at this point in time (incidentally that WEBlog article about PES11 being amazing because Johnny Minkley is going to play it was a whole new level of absurdity) and we've only heard one side of the argument.

I didn't mean they were the same in terms of gameplay just feeling, i guess people would sum it up as the 'PES feeling' cliche, i think that was sorely lacking in 2008/2009 for instance.

Plus i agree with you, it's just hype at the moment but quite frankly i'm excited about any new football game. I'm more at the end of my tether with FIFA though so it's easier for me to criticise it and care more for the new PES.. If my post sounded like i was being sucked in by the PES hype it really wasn't meant to, i can't really even remember the points from the PR release. As i suggested in the very last sentence they still need to create a game that people can stand up and say wow to again and give another chance to without dismissing straight away (hopefully much better animations are the beginning of such a task). Either PES 2011 is going to have to be very good in order to achieve this or a vast amount of people are going to have to grow the distain that i have with FIFA and the latter isn't likely so i hope for the former.

To be honest the only reason i really care is that everybody i know is so pro-fifa and anti-pes that it means that nobody ever wants to play PES with me, which is irritating to say the least. Is anybody else motivated like this?

Last edited:
Was hoping for a better game-play and better AI. I can't take more stress by the CPU through pass whore and passing freak, where every team play like Arsenal or Barcelona. Would like the CPU game-play really according to their stats and situation/environment, not because CPU become 10x stronger and faster, just to make it difficult. It is not difficult but it is tiring. Wish that to be change in 2011. Graphic is good for the mean time, just, please new animation Konami and some genius programmer who plays football, not solitaire.

I really dont believe that EA can make great football game, I ve played FIFA 09 and FIFA 10 , they are both very good games but they are missing basic logic of the game called football.
I hope Konami can finally make it ! We ll see...

While we are on the subject of the other football game I would like to offer my opinion as to where they go wrong, connection to the ball.

After being dissapointed for the 3rd time by PES, I spent, for the first time, a few hours playing FIFA. While I realised that it was going to feel different to PES and I had to get used to that to appreciate the game, no matter how much time I played something still felt wrong. When walking my dog later and thinking about things I came to the conclusion that the connection of my input to the ball was where the problem lay.

In PES I feel that my movement of the stick has a direct effect on the ball, as if the game puts me in the digital skin of the player and I am moving the ball. This is best demonstrated when you have a player with 90+ technique & dribble ability, every slight movement of the stick, when not running, will relate to a ball movement. A quick diagonal left and right will knock the ball from foot to foot, like you see in the beginning of the new Messi trailer.

FIFA on the other hand gives me a 3rd person connection to the ball, I am moving a character that has a ball at its feet. I move the stick, the character moves and as a secondary action he moves the ball. What you experience through your input is the weight of the player not the weight of the ball, this is what leads to people saying such things as "its like playing football on an ice rink" or "on the moon". It feels, in a way, that the game is not designed to be a football game but for instance what Grand Theft Auto might feel like if you could play football in it, your input controls the character and any contact with the enviroment is a result of that and therefore you are numb, you walk into someone you dont feel it... you dont feel the ball.

This, I think, is why alot of PES fans do not like the feel of FIFA games but as they do not give it enough time cant put their finger on exactly why it feels wrong.

The connection to the ball & the player stats that limit what sort of conncetion you will experience is what really sets PES apart, the problem recently is that it has become increasingly apparent that you can only move the ball through certain channels, its like a slot car and it makes the game feel very ridgid. If this has been removed I think that PES will be back to being awesome.

Last edited:
While we are on the subject of the other football game I would like to offer my opinion as to where they go wrong, connection to the ball.

After being dissapointed for the 3rd time by PES, I spent, for the first time, a few hours playing FIFA. While I realised that it was going to feel different to PES and I had to get used to that to appreciate the game, no matter how much time I played something still felt wrong. When walking my dog later and thinking about things I came to the conclusion that the connection of my input to the ball was where the problem is.

In PES I feel that my movement of the stick has a direct effect on the ball, as if the game puts me in the digital skin of the player and I am moving the ball. This is best demonstrated when you have a player with 90+ technique & dribble ability, every slight movement of the stick, when not running, will relate to a ball movement.

FIFA on the other hand gives me a 3rd person connection to the ball, I am moving a character that has a ball at its feet, I move the stick, the character moves and as a secondary action he moves the ball. What you experience through your input is the weight of the player not the weight of the ball, this is what leads to people saying such things as its like playing football on an ice rink or on the moon. It feels, in a way, that the engine is not designed to be a football game but for instance what Grand Theft Auto might feel like if you could play football in it.

This, I think, is why alot of PES fans do not like the feel of FIFA games but as they do not give it enough time cant put their finger on exactly why it feels wrong.

The connection to the ball & the player stats that limit what sort of conncetion you will experience is what really sets PES apart, the problem recently is that it has become increasingly apparent that you can only move the ball through certain channels, its like a slot car, if this has been removed I think that PES will be awesome.

Good points. The reason I love pes 5 is cos the ball seemed seperate to the player. Making it harder for dribbling and control. Looking at the PES teaser, although short, it seems as if the ball is seperate agian, hopefully making dribbling harder. If the game is going to offer 'total freedom,' and keep and increase its individuality, there is no reason why pes 2011 wont succeed. I guess we will get a clearer indication come June.

After being dissapointed for the 3rd time by PES, I spent, for the first time, a few hours playing FIFA. While I realised that it was going to feel different to PES and I had to get used to that to appreciate the game, no matter how much time I played something still felt wrong. When walking my dog later and thinking about things I came to the conclusion that the connection of my input to the ball was where the problem lay.

In PES I feel that my movement of the stick has a direct effect on the ball, as if the game puts me in the digital skin of the player and I am moving the ball. This is best demonstrated when you have a player with 90+ technique & dribble ability, every slight movement of the stick, when not running, will relate to a ball movement. A quick diagonal left and right will knock the ball from foot to foot, like you see in the beginning of the new Messi trailer.

FIFA on the other hand gives me a 3rd person connection to the ball, I am moving a character that has a ball at its feet. I move the stick, the character moves and as a secondary action he moves the ball. What you experience through your input is the weight of the player not the weight of the ball, this is what leads to people saying such things as "its like playing football on an ice rink" or "on the moon". It feels, in a way, that the game is not designed to be a football game but for instance what Grand Theft Auto might feel like if you could play football in it, your input controls the character and any contact with the enviroment is a result of that and therefore you are numb, you walk into someone you dont feel it... you dont feel the ball.

The connection to the ball & the player stats that limit what sort of conncetion you will experience is what really sets PES apart, the problem recently is that it has become increasingly apparent that you can only move the ball through certain channels, its like a slot car and it makes the game feel very ridgid. If this has been removed I think that PES will be back to being awesome.

I know exactly what the problem is. The same problem it has always had. It's a cheap glorified arcade game with no heart or soul. A game mass produced for the casual fan who prefers bling over substance. I cant even bring myself to use the word style. There will come a day that people realise the EA Sports will never ever make a true simulation of football.

A. Because they dont know how to. They dont understand the fundementals.

B. Even if they did grasp the basics of football. The larger market is kids and casual fans. So why change what brings in the $$$$$$$$$ ? Just give the kids another Rainbow Flick over the shoulder and down the arm trick and they are happy. End of story.

Great posts by the way Northzzz.

Back on topic. I'm really excited the see that the pioneers of the true simualtion have in store for us this year. My faith is strong. These little fella's understand what they are doing. Viva PES 2011.

how can you say Fifa is an arcade game?
it tries to recreate realistically football game, maybe it fails, but its target is simulation
we all should thank EA for their games, because even if we don't like them, they gave a great boost to competition for the best football game out there
and we, customers, will have ever improving games thanks to this :))

Back
Top Bottom