PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

In swedish though I presume? :D

Probably take awhile for people to translate it all

The Swedish site Level7 will be publishing a preview of PES 2009 right after midnight (Swedish time). As some of you may know, they have been playing the game since 15th August, so hopefully they have a lot of information and opinions about the game! =)

Cheers for the heads-up Hella. Wanna tag-team and translate that sucker once it's up? :)

Is the person who has been playing it over at Level7 the same guy who was a PES2008 fan, or is this guy more in "touch with reality", to put it crassly? ;)

Cheers for the heads-up Hella. Wanna tag-team and translate that sucker once it's up? :)

Is the person who has been playing it over at Level7 the same guy who was a PES2008 fan, or is this guy more in "touch with reality", to put it crassly? ;)

It´s Erik from level 7 he wasen´t to found of the next gen pes 2008 and he always have fair and good thoughts about pes ,he also prefered the ps2 version last year as many of us did ,and he also gave it a better grade. so i think there will be some good reading after midnight tonite :))

is this fake?
images

Taken from gaming access and it looks like good news
http://www.gamingaccess.com/index.php?news_id=14440

Hello. First of all apologies to the people that felt upset with my post about Bigfoot, UFOs and pes test. I was trying to say, in a funny way, that you need evidence when posting something as exciting as a Pes test. Sure, Konami wants to do the big announcement at Leipzig, but at least these guys testing PES 2009 before time can say something like "game looks good", or "PES 2009 is different than PES 2009, feels like the old PES!"
THAT IS EXCACTLY WHAT PESFANS DID!!!
That is why I feel so excited about their first impressions!!! The game feels "like the old pes"
Everybody, let's rejoice, let's cheer up, our passion for soccer video games has reborn!!!

So far, THIS IS THE ONLY SITE that has posted their first impressions of PES 2009! This is as official as it gets!!! If anybody knows about the first impressions of PES 2009, please let us know!!!

"As you will know, TheBoss was invited by Konami to travel to their headquarters yesterday for an exclusive playtest of Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. As TheBoss had to sign NDAs before playing the game, we can't say what new game modes are in the game and things like that (yet), but we can tell you some little bits before next Wednesday when everything will go crazy in PES world.

The version played was 10 days old and the game is roughly 70% complete, so it's at a similar development stage as this time last year. The demo that will be on show at Leipzig will be from a different build of the game but it shouldn't differ drastically from this version apart from features removed for public display (licensing issues etc).
TheBoss played PES 09 on the PS3, which shows Konami were confident enough to show it off on the console that received the most amount of criticism last year for it's slowdown and jerky framerate. No mention of any slowdown this time around.

So, you want to know his initial impressions?

Impressed.
It felt like Konami have forgotten about the last few efforts and gone back to making a good football game. Even at 70% complete it's showing many improvements over the last version of the game.

And online mode wasn't tested before anybody asks about lag ;)

Hmmm... TheBoss on PESfan is silent all the time and no real news is put in those forums, so I wonder where Gamingaccess has that info from...
Very doubtfull I think.

The quoted bit was posted up last week, full report up tomorrow, and plenty of news is in there ;-)

Tomorrow again! Everything will be tomorrow...
We will have short of eyes :)

Sorry -dragonskin- didnt mean to repost
to add to this report about PES 2009 being 'close' to the older games I dont quite understand how this could be possible, as I see it Seabass has kept the same game engine from the small interviews and the pathetic trailer, will there really be a new engine'ed PES or just lots of tweaks and fixes?

hmmmm, if after reviewing PES 2008's poor reception last year you would have thought Konami could make something, maybe take the PES5 or 6 engine and just ramp up the graphics or even just skip out a year and develop an entire new one

i hope they improve the freekicks. Ive NEVER liked the freekicks (the cross kind...not the direct shot ones) in ANY of the iss, we, pes series.

First look from an italian site :

http://www.everyeye.it/xbox360/pro-evolution-soccer-2009_firstlook_8109

If someone speaks italian..

:)

They played a demo with 6 teams on it (Argentina, Brasile, Italia, Francia, Portogallo e Croazia)

The main points are :

1) game much slower compared to pes08

2) passes more realistic, slower, forgot 'ping-pong' in midfield...defences could intercept the ball easily

3) no more super horoes (messi and c.ronaldo are stoppable)

4) Better movement without ball, no more 'rails' (is it the right word in english ?), more freedom in the pitch

5) better shots, influenced by more variables..it's harder to score..

Last edited:

First look from an italian site :

http://www.everyeye.it/xbox360/pro-evolution-soccer-2009_firstlook_8109

If someone speaks italian..

:)

They played a demo with 6 teams on it (Argentina, Brasile, Italia, Francia, Portogallo e Croazia)

The main points are :

1) game much slower compared to pes08

2) passes more realistic, slower, forgot 'ping-pong' in midfield...defences could intercept the ball easily

3) no more super horoes (messi and c.ronaldo are stoppable)

4) Better movement without ball, no more 'rails' (is it the right word in english ?), more freedom in the pitch

5) better shots, influenced by more variables..it's harder to score..

Thank you very much for this quote Sea.
I'm italian.

Interesting to see that the ball will be less sticky.. He says that you can lose the ball even with a untimely change of direction..

mmmhh.. very nice

EDIT:

Graphic engine seems to be very effective as the game run smoothly even in critical situations (8-10 players on screen). Among the negs he says that animations are not so realistic compared with previous versions of PES.

Last edited:

Like what I'm hearing there. I'm particularly happy about the ping pong bit. It's a little too easy to play a quick passing game in the midfield on PES2008

Il sistema di illuminazione, la grafica piuttosto scarna dei menù e le texture in rappresetanza del campo da gioco -maggior debolezza delle incarnazioni next gen di PES- purtroppo non hanno subito grossi upgrade ed ancora non paiono aver raggiunto uno stato adeguato agli attuali standard tecnici.

That's bad, that's very bad.

Fifa 09's animations kick ass.

this is a big neg !

i hoped that they work hard on animations..cause are not realistic..

Absolutely agreed.

Hope the "second impression" can change the first one on this point.

I have to say that "no rails" with players completely free to move without ball would be a very big achievement

Last edited:

wow the news is coming but come tomorrow this Thread from 34 pages will double in the 60's i guarantee you that. mods you lot have your work cut out tomorrow hehe

Yeah one of my gripes is the pingpongyness....(Oxford Dictionary can have that).

Liking what i hear here, too.

I hope Be A Legend is implemented well online as my pals and i will have some jolly japes with our bunch of players we used to create and play fixed cursor Master Leagues in multiplayer with.

Balowski, US midfield genius and part time rapper.

McHoughton, disgraced former special forces, now tough tackling defender.

Marsantos, Primadonna Italian striker, tarnished by a mafia match fixing scandal in years passed.

Good times.

dejavu this doesn't sound goo! - Il sistema di illuminazione, la grafica piuttosto scarna dei menù e le texture in rappresetanza del campo da gioco -maggior debolezza delle incarnazioni next gen di PES- purtroppo non hanno subito grossi upgrade ed ancora non paiono aver raggiunto uno stato adeguato agli attuali standard tecnici.

When do you think the demo will arrive for the gp, and what was the date it was available last year?

dejavu this doesn't sound goo! - Il sistema di illuminazione, la grafica piuttosto scarna dei menù e le texture in rappresetanza del campo da gioco -maggior debolezza delle incarnazioni next gen di PES- purtroppo non hanno subito grossi upgrade ed ancora non paiono aver raggiunto uno stato adeguato agli attuali standard tecnici.

Illumination, menues and field textures are less important than gameplay issues IMO, but yes, it doesn't sound good.

Either I don't understand Italian or there's people here saying that the game is doomed over animations. Either way something's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom