PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

ThomasGoal

Have they amended the nets to look like european efforts rather than the dull crap we have had since PES6??

I want variety and colour, just makes it more interesting.

Cheers

sjeescrist u guys act like ThomasGOAL created the game

I quite like the commentary lines (not the delivery, Mark Lawrenson has about as much charisma as a corpse). When I played the PC version of PES2008 a few days ago, after a goal was scored by Torres, the commentator said "he's just one goal away from being top of the goalscorer's list now" - that's a really nice little touch.

Rather than talking about the history (like they do in FIFA), they talk about what you personally are achieving along the way (e.g. "they lost their last game", "they're in a difficult position heading into this one", "they've stuck with this formation for several games now" etc.) - that's how it should be IMO.

Rather than talking about the history (like they do in FIFA), they talk about what you personally are achieving along the way (e.g. "they lost their last game", "they're in a difficult position heading into this one", "they've stuck with this formation for several games now" etc.) - that's how it should be IMO.

Agree, they should also remember landmarks like 50th/100th/150th goal by a player, as he's getting close mention he's 4 away, and 2 away, etc. etc. :)

ThomasGoal - Is it PES2009 going to be 100 times better on PS3? We all know just how good u and ur contact have been in the past - :BY:

Perhaps the WENB boyz will see a "special" version next week that is only for those in lala land :LOL: like they did last year.

ThomasGoal - Is it PES2009 going to be 100 times better on PS3? We all know just how good u and ur contact have been in the past - :BY:

Perhaps the WENB boyz will see a "special" version next week that is only for those in lala land :LOL: like they did last year.

Your posts are fucking pointless.

As far as i can remember you have contributed fuck all except a copy and paste effort and sarcastic remarks like the one above.

your the type of cock that is turning this site into a fucking joke, why have a go at the game or other sites when its just not relevant to the thread.

Getting completely sick of pathetic comments that bring all the good work others bring (Paul, Chris,TG etc etc) spiralling down into a kids playground.

:COAT:

Haven't you been warned already? Can we please keep this thread nice and clean from such comments?

he looks amazing i think!
I don't normally complain about small graphical things, as I see through them and just play the game for it's gameplay. But those shorts are just stupid, they go down to his knees ffs, almost the same length as his shirt. It just gets on my nerves having them like that.

Compare the shorts in that to the ones in this pic:
Allsport_Messi_Ronaldo_Nou_Camp_813130.jpg

Getting completely sick of pathetic comments that bring all the good work others bring (Paul, Chris,TG etc etc) spiralling down into a kids playground.

Seriously, people here bemoan the lack of news and then go on to mock those who actually give us news.

We all know that that Terry Butcher guy is a genuine copy/paste troll so the sooner he's banned or redirected to goatse whenever he logs onto evo-web the better.

Question, can anyone show or explain the difference between 1080i and 1080p and how much better these are than 720?

Much love.

I don't normally complain about small graphical things, as I see through them and just play the game for it's gameplay. But those shorts are just stupid, they go down to his knees ffs, almost the same length as his shirt. It just gets on my nerves having them like that.

Compare the shorts in that to the ones in this pic:

But what about this pic from the argentina line up? they look pretty long and down to the knees to me?

74035552vc5.jpg

Last edited:

But what about this pic from the argentina line up? they look pretty long and down to the knees to me?

http://www.football-wallpapers.com/wallpapers3/argentina_4_1024x768.jpg
That image didn't come up correctly, but even if they look the same as in that PES pic, we know that they are like that for every team in the game from the other screenshots... When you next go into a sports shop, compare the length of the shorts to the length of the shirts, there's a fairly big difference...

They never did this in any other PES games, not even on PS1 I don't think, so why in this generation of consoles can they totally fuck up the length of the shorts in a game TWO YEARS RUNNING?

Last edited by a moderator:

Seriously, people here bemoan the lack of news and then go on to mock those who actually give us news.

We all know that that Terry Butcher guy is a genuine copy/paste troll so the sooner he's banned or redirected to goatse whenever he logs onto evo-web the better.

Question, can anyone show or explain the difference between 1080i and 1080p and how much better these are than 720?

Much love.

Badger

1080i and 1080p are both High Definition display formats for HDTVs. 1080i and 1080p signals actually contain the same information. Both 1080i and 1080p represent a 1920x1080 pixel resolution (1,920 pixels across the screen by 1,080 pixels down the screen). The difference between 1080i and 1080p is in the way the signal is sent from a source component or displayed on an HDTV screen.

In 1080i each frame of video is sent or displayed in alternative fields. The fields in 1080i are composed of 540 rows of pixels or lines of pixels running from the top to the bottom of the screen, with the odd fields displayed first and the even fields displayed second. Together, both fields create a full frame, made up of all 1,080 pixel rows or lines, every 30th of a second.

In 1080p, each frame of video is sent or displayed progressively. This means that both the odd and even fields (all 1,080 pixel rows or pixel lines) that make up the full frame are displayed together. This results in a smoother looking image, with less motion artifacts and jagged edges.

720p is progressive but displays less lines so is not as sharp as 1080 lines.

Calm down. Its not that funny. As a matter of fact all your posts have been absolutley shit.

Badger

1080i and 1080p are both High Definition display formats for HDTVs. 1080i and 1080p signals actually contain the same information. Both 1080i and 1080p represent a 1920x1080 pixel resolution (1,920 pixels across the screen by 1,080 pixels down the screen). The difference between 1080i and 1080p is in the way the signal is sent from a source component or displayed on an HDTV screen.

In 1080i each frame of video is sent or displayed in alternative fields. The fields in 1080i are composed of 540 rows of pixels or lines of pixels running from the top to the bottom of the screen, with the odd fields displayed first and the even fields displayed second. Together, both fields create a full frame, made up of all 1,080 pixel rows or lines, every 30th of a second.

In 1080p, each frame of video is sent or displayed progressively. This means that both the odd and even fields (all 1,080 pixel rows or pixel lines) that make up the full frame are displayed together. This results in a smoother looking image, with less motion artifacts and jagged edges.

720p is progressive but displays less lines so is not as sharp as 1080 lines.

I've read all this before, but I have never been able to see a difference between 720p and 1080i with any game, and I'm not buying into the 1080p hype either and wasting money on a new tv, I'm going to run my 1080i/720p plasma into the ground first, and then maybe I will upgrade.

As far as I am aware nearly all games are produced in 720p so buying a 1080p set for gaming is not necessary at present.

As far as I am aware nearly all games are produced in 720p so buying a 1080p set for gaming is not necessary at present.

Thats not quite correct.

buying a 1080p set will mean the image is upscaled further by the TV's processor and will still produce less jaggies and smoother motion than a 720 set.

I've read all this before, but I have never been able to see a difference between 720p and 1080i with any game, and I'm not buying into the 1080p hype either and wasting money on a new tv, I'm going to run my 1080i/720p plasma into the ground first, and then maybe I will upgrade.

I agree.

The difference between 720p and 1080I is very slight but its far more noticeable on a progressive signal.

I have BR and HD DVD and the difference between my 720 HD TV and my 1080P Projector is huge.

Anyway:OT: lets get back to the game:DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom