PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

Ok if I had the 500 I would build one, which I did for about £700 which included my 19" flatscreen :) do it mate!

Total... I think seeing as we have to deal with System Specs to run this game (unlike 360 and PS3 owners) its ok to discuss our specs and if they will run PES... go easy on us.

It´s good to see lineman, and nets from the goal looks cool. Gameplay seems not THAT different as promised by KONAMI and ball seems WAY too heavy. Passing....mmm...

Yeah passes looked a little weak like in PES6 but remember this build is only 40% done as of last week, so they have plenty of work to do.

Total... I think seeing as we have to deal with System Specs to run this game (unlike 360 and PS3 owners) its ok to discuss our specs and if they will run PES... go easy on us.
You have a point there. But then again, there are no official requirements yet (correct me if I'm wrong) and therefore it's all just a speculation.

The comment I had the most problem (if you can call it that) with was the "where should I get a PC in UK" comment. He could've asked it in the Technology section. ;)

Btw, I don't understand how they can work a year on the game and it's still 40% done while the release is in 2 months...wouldn't it be better to work on the game consistently and when it's nearly finished, 2 months before the release date, present it on a big show like GC. Well, I hope Konami do it better than PES6 because the game has bad defence and goalkeepers. I really hope they fix that. I also hope Konami releases a demo of the game before the release date and not after it.

the pc game is at 75% done guys
this was said on the winning eleven next gen blog ;)

also u can see this from BURNA's pic at post #342
unde the monitor it CLEARLY says 75% ...

Hello im fresh and new in UK but i want a new computer to play PES2008
But i only got 500 ponds and these Computers are all 500 pounds which is
the best or are these computer not good enough

# Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4300
# 1.8GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB Cache
# Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium
# 1024MB RAM Memory
# 320GB Hard Drive
# Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer Drive
# 128MB nVidia GeForce 7100GS Graphics
# 8-In-1 Media Card Reader
# Lexmark Z1380 Printer
# 19" Widescreen AOC TFT Monito

# Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4400
# 2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB Cache
# Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium
# 1024MB RAM Memory
# 320GB Hard Drive
# Dual Layer DVD RW with Lightscribe
# 256MB NVidia GeForce 8400 GS Graphics
# 15-in-1 Media Card Reader
# 6 USB Connections
# 19" Widescreen Advent TFT Monitor

Both of em are crap(considering amount of money you have), if u can give me a link to UK hardware prices I can help you to make a better choice, man. Both of PC you've shown are a waste of money.

These Pc's are from PC World so far i known. But can someone tell where i can buy a better PC that these 2. Thanks....

These Pc's are from PC World so far i known. But can someone tell where i can buy a better PC that these 2. Thanks....

Check this configuration at overclockers uk:

Although i advise u to get 2GB of memory instead of only 1GB, with 2GB would be:

U probably have to had the mounting to the total, ask them how much it is.
Note that this includes windows Vista (£56.39) wich u can get for free if u know where to look and u know how to install it (very easy).
This configuration is much better than any of the ones u said before!
Im not not from the UK and this is the only hardware store i know about in the UK, u might find a cheaper one.

Last edited:
PES - Depending on where you live there are some places where you can get good deals but not in your usual high street shops.(PC World, Currys, Comet)these places are very expensive.
Or get someone you know to build you one you will get twice the specs for half the price.
Or wait till they release minimum specs and make sure your pc is a generation above.
E.g.
If they ask for a 6600GT then get 7600GT. This will gurantee that you will be able to run the game in a half decent resolution and detail quality.

Hello im fresh and new in UK but i want a new computer to play PES2008
But i only got 500 ponds and these Computers are all 500 pounds which is
the best or are these computer not good enough

Easy answer: wait, if you can. It's too early to bother, really.
The game will be out in 2 months: at the end of october, everybody will know exactly what configuration you will need to play the game, and any computer you'd buy now for 500£ will be at least 50£ cheaper.
By all means, wait unless you absolutely need to have the computer now.

Well the Fifa 08 demo is supposed to come out Monday, and the game is out 10 days before PES, so I would speculate and say in the next 2 weeks we'll see a demo.

Nothing official though.

Well the Fifa 08 demo is supposed to come out Monday, and the game is out 10 days before PES, so I would speculate and say in the next 2 weeks we'll see a demo.

Nothing official though.

the fifa demo is basically new kits and transfers of fifa 07 demo but the removed they "7" and put a "8" instead , until Fifa for PC goes next gen i wont take it serious your better of playing pes3

Last edited:
Last year it came after the game was officially released. PES5 demo came just a week or two before the release date.

Why is everybody of the opinion that you're going to need some type of beast rig to run PES2008? This is what I have:
Athlon 64 x2 5400+
3GB DDR2 RAM
RADEON x1950 pro 256 mb card

I have absolutely no doubt that I will be able to run this game fine. Think about how many customers Konami would lose if you could only run it from really high end cards...but enough about that, let's see some more screenshots!

And I have one more question: Which sites, besides www.game.co.uk and http://www.cd-wow.us/index.php will ship PES2008 to the USA??? I'm looking to get PES and FM2008 as soon as they release this year...

well i have a relatively slow processor but a good card, my config is:
Athlon 64 X2 3600+
1GB DDR2
8800GTS 640 MB
how do u think its gonna fare??

Haha, StayingPower. I did upgrade my PC right after purchasing it, got a sweet ass deal on www.newegg.com, 2 gigs of ddr2 RAM for 80 dollars American. Does NewEgg ship to the UK?

Seriously though, I did a search for both PES08 and FM08 on gogamer.com and it returned no results. Why wouldn't they be listed already, if nothing more than as pre-orders?

EDIT: Looks like www.sendit.com will ship PES/FM to the USA as well.

Last edited:
gogamer.com will have it nearer to the time, it isn't a major release and isn't out for a while, look for it there a week or two before it comes out.

the fifa demo is basically new kits and transfers of fifa 07 demo but the removed they "7" and put a "8" instead , until Fifa for PC goes next gen i wont take it serious your better of playing pes3
And you know this do you? you have played the fucking game?!! Nope! so dont post bullshit about how Crap FIFA 08 is until you have actually played it.

dj he's right really. The only new things in 08 current gen are the manual passing and right stick keeper/defence controls. Other than that it's Fifa 07.

And you know this do you? you have played the fucking game?!! Nope! so dont post bullshit about how Crap FIFA 08 is until you have actually played it.

:lmao: i didnt mean to affend your game , enjoy it dont let anyone tell you different :)

its every year the same with fifa, CRAP so there is a big chanse it will be this year also, the only good thing are the skills you can do,and i dont understand why everybody loves the graphics cause the graphics are not great either, it looks great in begin maybe, but if you look good you'll see its fake as hell

Back
Top Bottom