PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

I'm thinking to buy a laptop, the specs are :
Core 2 Duo T7500 2,20Ghz FSB800 4MB Cache
3GB DDR2 667MHz SODIMM
nVidia GeForce 8600M GT 512MB

would this run the game on high settings with a decent framerate?

I think if I buy 2 GB of Ram then buy an Unreal 512mb Geforce VGA ...
IT will be cheap and would run it great ... at least it's good for me ...

Right guys this is getting slightly annoying.....this thread is 11 pages long and id say about 10 pages of it are Will this run ok with ....... graphics card or this processor read the information below and use this is a guideline i will be happy to help with anything else but please stop this constant spec spamming

Next Gen - Direct X 10 - (Vista Only)

"If" this Game is Next Gen (Dx10) you will require a Nvidia 8600 series and above Graphics Card. ATI cards will not run this game as they do not support Dx10 Yet.

Memory

Around 1GB - 667 Mhz memory will be sufficient enough to run this game but 2gb is Recommended.

Processors -
AMD X2 - 4800 AND above
Core 2 Duo - 4500 and above.

These are just estimates. but should run pes2008 fine.

Non Next Gen - Direct X 9
If the Game is not Next Gen then any decent card which supports dx 9 will run this game fine.

Rant Over

I'm pretty sure it won't be direct x 10, first of cause it's too new and too buggy, especially because of vista. Second, it was recently confirmed for dx10 games to run properly you need high end videocards, mid range cards won't do. This would mean shooting oneself in the foot very hard for konami and limiting your market to a very small segment.
I'd say to run this decently the specs would probably be more like starting at the lowest end dual cores for low detail and going up for more detail, and probably 1 gig ram minimum. Graphics you'd probably still need something mid range at least full dx 9 support.

I agree with what your saying ser2703 but if a company is aiming at the high end of the market they will loose alot of gamers thats why i said a decent 8600 and above will play the game fine i dont see konami demanding 8800 gts cards as minimum spec for a game

with those graphics a single core cpu with a 7800gt can play that game. the graphics are not all that. if the graphics where on par with the NBA games on the 360 than a 8800gt might be what is required to play the game. but judging from those screen shots i say a 4 year old pc can play this game easily

ATI cards will not run this game as they do not support Dx10 Yet.
Do your research mate there is an ATI card that supports DX10.....ATI RADEON X1950 XTX supports DX10 and Pixel Shader model 4.0....

Also mate Pentium D processors are more than capable of running Next Gen games because Colin McRae DiRT is a Next Gen game and it runs nicely on my Machine with the Pentium D Processor....

You might want to research your hardware knowledge a bit more before Ranting...

Just to add there are RADEON HD 2600 cards which also support DX10... I did this research in like 20 seconds

Maybe DJ you should have done some research too the X1950XTX is dx9.
The only ATI cards which are DX10 are the 2600 and 2900, and I dont know why people are talking about games like colin mcrae being next gen and ps3-360.
The 360 and ps3 are dx9 compatibly in pc terms which is why Konami will never make this game dx10.

As for specs I would guess:
Minimum:
2.6 P4 or above
6600/6800 Graphics card
512Mb Ram - 1Gig Vista.

This is only a guess but I dont see a football game requiring high specs, is not as if it is going to be Crysis or Gears of War.

Ok Sorry about that I misread the X1900XTX and I was right about the 2600 HD...Shows I do know what im talking about.

Not a Fan of the Pentium D processor myself just think its a rip off but thats only my opinion. Im running the following need to buy a new Gfc card but

Amd x2 duel core 6000
2 GB Ram 667mhz
256MB 7900GS

I want to upgrade to a 8800gts but need to save some pennies

i find it funny with all the high specs people think this game needs lol its not going to require anythin near a Crysis etc, a Geforce 6 series will run the game fine..

I think people are hoping that it will be truely hd with out of this world graphics.
I do expect the game to run on Geforce 6800's and above but I think the cheap Geforce 6's will struggle like the 6600 and 6200 but you never know.

I don't understand why people spend too much time focusing on the specs, this game is not going to take anything near what they say as far as I can see from the looks of the screen shots (not that they're not great). I believe it would do us much better either entertainment wise or technical wise to talk around the new features.

Yeah Geforce 6 is Enough cuz We not gonna play the game in High Graphic Details ... We can surly Play the game in Medium Graphic Detail with Geforce 6 ... Don't worry ... we are making it too big .

Great video and from what I see PES 2008 is going to be the best of all .I hope that will be able to use the kitserver in it .Only with the kits it would be fine for me .

Not been here for a bit, with work being so hectic!

But this sounds and looks supurb!

Next gen for the PC too, it opens a whole lot of possibilities!

Glad it's Bob Champion as Commentator he's good, but whinging Lawro? hmmmm

With the quality that face makers and kit makers had been churning out on the current gen version, imagine the detail we could get with this!

On a whole, aslong as they don't screw up the PC version, it should be a fantastic year ahead!

Nack

The Games Convention starts tomorrow so I guess we'll get some gameplay videos pretty soon. :)

edit: I found a gameplay video. Here you go guys: http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_4264_fr.html.

Here's more stuff with direct links:

German cover: Schlaudraff & C. Ronaldo
http://www.wearepes.com/~vip/KAiWAi/PES2008@GC_01.jpg

Leipzig trailer
http://www.divshare.com/download/1686326-7e0

PES 2008 faces
http://www.divshare.com/download/1686519-830

+1 clip
http://www.dailymotion.com/search/pes+2008/video/x2t6v3_games-convention-pes-2008_tech

-------------------------------------------------------

The game play looks much faster which I prefer (I hate slow game play). And the Windows Vista dashboard/Templete is very nice too. Also finally sideline refs.

New engine, new game people.

Back
Top Bottom