publisher: Konami
genre: sports / soccer
release date: World: 26 October 2007
platforms: PC, PS 2, PS 3, PSP, XBOX 360, DS
play modes: single / multiplayer
multiplayer: LAN / Internet | number of players: 1 - 8
age requirements: everyone | media: 1 DVD
suggested system requirements:
Pentium 4 1.4 GHz, 256MB RAM, graphic card 64MB (GeForce 4 or better), 4.5 GB HDD.

Hey guys I'm sorry if the topic has already been discussed, but is it sure that Pes2008 PC will be a next-gen conversion?
I mean, you all seem to assume that the PC version will be a conversion from xbox360/ps3, but has that been confirmed from Konami? After all, there will be a ps2 version as well, which would be much, much easier to convert...

developer: Konami
publisher: Konami
genre: sports / soccer
release date: World: 26 October 2007
platforms: PC, PS 2, PS 3, PSP, XBOX 360, DS
play modes: single / multiplayer
multiplayer: LAN / Internet | number of players: 1 - 8
age requirements: everyone | media: 1 DVD
Pentium 4 1.4 GHz, 256MB RAM, graphic card 64MB (GeForce 4 or better), 4.5 GB HDD.
If they are the specs then I seriously doubt that it will be next-gen.

If they are the specs then I seriously doubt that it will be next-gen.

I saw that on several forums.

KONAMI games are always optimized great so i doubt PES 2008 will require some monster configuration, even if it's next-gen.

We'll just wait and see.

I hope the system requirements are 4 times those here, because I want it to be next-gen.. What's the point of buying a great PC when u can't play cool PES on it?

I hope the system requirements are 4 times those here, because I want it to be next-gen.. What's the point of buying a great PC when u can't play cool PES on it?

New Virtua Tennis is also next-gen and i could play it an a very weak PC, so it doesn't matter. It will be next-gen, it's just that next-gen thing is a bit overrated i think.

And yeah, it's not like great system requirements will always mean beautifull and great game, there are many ugly looking games with ridiculous system requirements and vice versa.
It can all be optimized if they want it to be.

Last edited:
I'm completely agree with geko, next gen doesn't always mean crazy specs. I think by far the game sounds brilliant, maybe best PES ever; graphics are great, gameplay sounds astonishing with this new AI system like it adapts your style and stands against it and of course these changes to the Master League people recently talk about.

yeah ... just play Metal gear Subsistance in PC .... it has a great Graphics but it runs in many weak systems ... i remmember i played it in 64mb VGA !

Never trust these "minimum requirements"... You know developers are never truthful in this.

To be able to play properly you'd need much more than that. That specs above will struggle to run PES6 at high quality smoothly btw.

This is for PES6. Look at dvd-box. I think for PES7 will be need stronger graphic card. Maybe this is minimum configuration.

Last edited:
New Virtua Tennis is also next-gen and i could play it an a very weak PC, so it doesn't matter. It will be next-gen, it's just that next-gen thing is a bit overrated i think.

And yeah, it's not like great system requirements will always mean beautifull and great game, there are many ugly looking games with ridiculous system requirements and vice versa.
It can all be optimized if they want it to be.
Yeah you can play VT3 on a weak system but it wont look next gen.... it will be rough around the edges and blocky and lower resolution....

Personally I would upgrade your machine if you want to get the best out of games like this.

Also to the guy who asked if the PC version is PS3/360 Next Gen version... it has been confirmed YES this is the case.... :)

Hey guys I'm sorry if the topic has already been discussed, but is it sure that Pes2008 PC will be a next-gen conversion?
I mean, you all seem to assume that the PC version will be a conversion from xbox360/ps3, but has that been confirmed from Konami? After all, there will be a ps2 version as well, which would be much, much easier to convert...

It's been confirmed by Konami, PC is next-gen. :)

to me pes2008 PC dont need to be similar to next-gen consoles

just a 5.1 sound option and custom Image Quality (World/Players/special effects) as Half Life 2 has and it will be an amazing conversion I think

Only "Low, medium and High" options to quality isn´t an ideal PC Game these days

does anyone know about sound improvements this year? actually is there any or we will have to suffer all those noiseless emotionless stadiums over and over again?

Never trust these "minimum requirements"... You know developers are never truthful in this.

To be able to play properly you'd need much more than that. That specs above will struggle to run PES6 at high quality smoothly btw.

That's why they call it MINIMUM requirements.
MINIMUM configuration to be able to play a game on MINIMUM level of details ;)

look i know abit about computers and the memory size in a graphics card is to determin what resoulution you can play a game on a reasonable framerate. a 320mb can run up to 1280x res on most games whilst the 640mb upwards are for people who have huge monitors such has 1680x1050

That's not right at all. GFX board memory is the biggest scam of modern pc marketing.

Video ram is used for two things. Algebraic data used by the gpu to do its 3d thing (which is really only up to a few mbs) and texture data which is what the lots of mbs of ram are used for. If the video board doesn't have enough video ram for textures then it will have to suffer overhead of transferring texture data from the main memory.

Memory transfer overhead is almost nothing compared to gpu processing. In other words a 6600GT with 64mbs of ram would still be a LOT faster than a 7200GS with ANY amount on ram on it.

The amount of ram needed also depends on the game. I doubt PES6 with everyting maxed out really needs more than 64MB (since all it needs to load is the 2 uniforms, 22 faces, the pitch, the ball, the skybox and a few small textures for the stadium). Games with immense and detailed "worlds" like modern first person shooters or games like gta:san adreas do benefit from large amounts of video ram, but i'd speculate nothing more than a 5% between 256mb and 512mb and the same gpu. Mind you that to get to use so much video ram, you should use high quality texures, which in turn require a really fast gpu. So getting lots of video ram an a poorly performing gpu is a waste of money. High end cars make use of the excess ram so they aleays come with lots of it.

Bare that in mind the next time you buy a pc and the specs read VGA with 4324342MB of ram. Whatever it says it's the gpu that counts

Higher VGA Ram primarily allows games to run smoother at higher resolutions. With all these new monitors coming out with enormous resolutions and the onset of DX10, it will be useful for those that want hardcore eye candy.

Most would see it as a way of future proofing. However considering the rate at which new series of cards are released, it isn't really. Graphics Card companies don't really want you to futureproof do they?

I think they should concentrate on optimising game to support Sli and Quad SLI for example. As that will immensely increased the processing power of the GPU.

Thank you for the info djdoc and StayingPower, although I must admit I still have some doubts: Konami have always taken their time to convert their games from console to PC, they are working on the next-gen engine right now, so it seems a little too early for a PC release, but maybe I'm too suspicious.

For sienkiewicz: I think you're missing the point a bit, "next-gen" doesn't simply mean "cosmetic upgrade" (well, hopefully). You know, xbox360 and ps3 versions this year are supposed to be a real leap forward in the game engine, whereas ps2 will have the usual minor adjustments we've seen year after year.
Honestly, for me the switch to next-gen is the last glimmer of hope for this game: I've got tired of the small, incremental upgrades since PES3 maybe....

Higher VGA Ram primarily allows games to run smoother at higher resolutions. With all these new monitors coming out with enormous resolutions and the onset of DX10, it will be useful for those that want hardcore eye candy.

Most would see it as a way of future proofing. However considering the rate at which new series of cards are released, it isn't really. Graphics Card companies don't really want you to futureproof do they?

I think they should concentrate on optimising game to support Sli and Quad SLI for example. As that will immensely increased the processing power of the GPU.

exactly what i was trying to say, the higher the ram the more higher res you can play the game. its been proven countless times. a 64mb ram will barely run a game on 1280 res

Also the GPU Clock speed will help you run at higher res's at a decent rate.... its not JUST the RAM.

another important thing that affects the Speed of game is Monitor Hertz ...

if your monitor Hertz is on 100 it will be slower than 65 !
but your eye will be fucked up with 65 ...

I would say the CPU MAY need to be changed... I would say 3.0 GHZ should be the minimum nowadays or a Dual Core Processor.

If the game is truely hd and the same as the PS3 - 360 version I will be pretty shocked if a geforce 6 would run the game properly.
Especially the lower down models 6200, 6600 they would really struggle.

I would reckon you would need a geforce 7800 or above to run the game smoothly and looking half decent.

As for the 320mb version and 640mb version of the 8800 GTS, there is minimul difference in which one you buy as they both have the same GPU, and how much ram you have on any graphics card dosnt make that much of a difference(about 3-10fps depending on game) as the important thing is the GPU and not the size of the ram. The 8800 GTS is prob the best card you can get at the moment bang per buck. Runs all current DX9 games a treat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom