PES 2008 (PC-DVD) - Official Topic

I dont know what to think about that gameplay video how the throughball worked and they managed to score.
Keepers look absolutly awful, sorry to be critical but the game looks pretty shite gameplay wise.
Konami looked to have done an EA, graphics are more important than gameplay - shame on them.

And to clear something else up, DX10.1 dosnt make DX10 cards obsolete it is a software patch not doing anything to hardware.

Last edited:
I dont know what to think about that gameplay video how the throughball worked and they managed to score.
Keepers look absolutly awful, sorry to be critical but the game looks pretty shite gameplay wise.
Konami looked to have done an EA, graphics are more important than gameplay - shame on them.

Okay... So what did you expected?!?! Please tell us.

Because what I saw, was a huge improvement to last year's PES6.

Edit: Also Konami did not concentrated just only on graphics to make it like EA. It's called a new "ENGINE". What that means is, they can do a whole lot with the new engine which they couldn't do before. That's just stupid and ignorant to say "Konami just looked into graphics like EA". Get your facts straight before you say something stupidity over the internet.

Last edited:

And to clear something else up, DX10.1 dosnt make DX10 cards obsolete it is a software patch not doing anything to hardware.

Direct3D 10.1 has been pre-announced by Microsoft shortly after the release of Direct3D 10. As a minor update to the Direct3D 10 interface, it will bring features that had to be left on the side in the initial specification. In summary, bigger control over antialiasing (both multisampling AND supersampling with per sample shading and application control over sample position), more flexibilities to some of the existing features (cubemap arrays, independent blending modes). Its feature will be supported exclusively by new (not released) hardware, which has lead to some criticisms, considering that it made the previous Direct3D 10 hardware obsolete so shortly after its release[12]. Hardware and API release date are yet to be announced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct3D

Staying Power - The early statements about DX10 were untrue and a Microsoft made a statement.

"DX10.1 fully supports DX10 hardware. No hardware support is being removed....It's strictly a superset. It's basically an update to DX10 that extends the hardware functionality slightly."
"All the hardware is still supported, all the games still run, all the features are still there, we've just simply extended the feature set and the lifetime of the API," Sam Glassenberg Microsoft Corporation

Royal Flush - What version did you play off PES 6 last year cos to me the video was showing how much work they gotta do to get the gameplay right which I hope they will do before release but in it's current state it just looks like a huge graphical improvment with alot of work needing to be done.

Last edited:
How are you going to do that Chimps :)?

I haven't played Fifa since about 1997 or something, but I do know there is a lot of stuff on the net for editting it. I presume there is an editor like the PESFan Editor where you can change the players stats, if not I could look into making one or getting someone to do it.

Fifa has a lot of what PES needs, just the gameplay lets it down badly.

From what Fifa plays like, I would say a good start would be reduce the dribbling ability of all players and especially defensive players. Then drop the shooting of all players and increase the keepers ability's. Then look at ways to strengthen the defence's and midfields and generally make it a lot harder.

Will there be any difference between the X360 and the PS3 version in comparison with the PC, obviously a difference in the sense of a disadvantage.
Cuz i will get a lil bit annoyed if there would

Will there be any difference between the X360 and the PS3 version in comparison with the PC, obviously a difference in the sense of a disadvantage.
Cuz i will get a lil bit annoyed if there would

the 360 and PC will be the same while some say the PS3 will be somewhat better

It looks crap. No one marking anyone, no defensive or ofensive movements as a team. Teams play exactly like bad amateur teams do, and this is honestly what has never ever at all been changed. Teams just don't behave like teams. So sad to see.

Bottom line, it all comes down to this: watch the video without watching the graphics, and you'll see PES 6. Even the same reaction when the keeper makes a save and after that gets angry with the defenders.

Players run like hell. No one would resist an entire match running like that, not even 15 minutes straight. And the ball seems like a ballon filled with hot air and some rocks to add weight.

i dont know if it is the video, but PC look worse than ps3 or xbox. Less definition and less bright.

Looks very good, lots have new animations and enhanced in game options like preparing our own wall, that is now pretty cool :D

that PC video is very low quality in terms of compression, there was a fair few frames dropped when it was compressed by the looks of it, wouldnt be fair to judge it off that video alone, saying that i think it looks pretty good.

To be honest I think the PC version could be a suprise package. It might look slightly better than the 360 and PS3 versions with the right sort of Graphic Tweaking/Modding :) looking forward to seeing how the PC version progresses.

Hello im fresh and new in UK but i want a new computer to play PES2008
But i only got 500 ponds and these Computers are all 500 pounds which is
the best or are these computer not good enough

# Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4300
# 1.8GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB Cache
# Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium
# 1024MB RAM Memory
# 320GB Hard Drive
# Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer Drive
# 128MB nVidia GeForce 7100GS Graphics
# 8-In-1 Media Card Reader
# Lexmark Z1380 Printer
# 19" Widescreen AOC TFT Monito

# Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4400
# 2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB Cache
# 1024MB RAM Memory
# 320GB Hard Drive
# Dual Layer DVD RW with Lightscribe
# 256MB NVidia GeForce 8400 GS Graphics
# 15-in-1 Media Card Reader
# 6 USB Connections
# 19" Widescreen Advent TFT Monitor

Last edited:
Go for option 2 mate, I think that one will be better to run PES than the 1st one. Also its a more balanced machine so in general it will perform better.

It´s good to see lineman, and nets from the goal looks cool. Gameplay seems not THAT different as promised by KONAMI and ball seems WAY too heavy. Passing....mmm...

Hello im fresh and new in UK but i want a new computer to play PES2008
But i only got 500 ponds and these Computers are all 500 pounds which is
the best or are these computer not good enough

# Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4300
# 1.8GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB Cache
# 1024MB RAM Memory
# 320GB Hard Drive
# Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer Drive
# 128MB nVidia GeForce 7100GS Graphics
# 8-In-1 Media Card Reader
# Lexmark Z1380 Printer
# 19" Widescreen AOC TFT Monito

# Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4400
# 2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB Cache
# 1024MB RAM Memory
# 320GB Hard Drive
# Dual Layer DVD RW with Lightscribe
# 256MB NVidia GeForce 8400 GS Graphics
# 15-in-1 Media Card Reader
# 6 USB Connections
# 19" Widescreen Advent TFT Monitor

For £500 you can build a much better gaming machine than both of them, dont get a pc from pcworld they are shite, and i work there!

Back
Top Bottom