PES 2008 DEMO IS THERE!!

i will whait to see your small review of demo , just courius about demo speed ( if its like x360 i will not download demo - too fast ) , and what teams in demo verion are , no need to grab demo first day whan servers r totaly full

I've played one game so far, early impressions...Can't say i've found the speed of the game fast. Played as Brazil v Turkey won 1-0

Don't like that fact I can't set the resolution of the game above 1280x1024, i'm playing on a 22" widescreen @1680x1050, so it leaves two black borders on both sides of the screen. The game's file structure looks different this year too, so I don't know how easy the game will be to mod.

The game very likely supports the xbox360 pad natively (like most pc games nowadays, after all), along with pictures and button icons taken from the pad itself. But there's no reason you shouldn't be able to play with a ps2->usb adapter... at worst, you will only have to adapt to buttons called in a different way, which is not ideal but not that bad either.

For me, I both have an xbox360 wireless receiver and a dual-shock adapter, but after playing pes6 and pes2008 demos on xbox I know which is the right choice....

A very big thank you!
I heard on pesfan, at the time when the demo is launched, and the first ones to download were posting screens of an xbox 360 pad, and they said that we're not able to play with ps2 pad. Some of them cancelled downloading when heard this. :lol:
Looking forward to this... I'm 83%now... :)

The reason it shows an XBOX360 controller is because it's a next-gen game. PS2 is last-gen. I think the graphics are utterly superb, and there are many nice aspects about it.

Unfortunately it seems a bit 'clunky', not very fluid and it's still the same 'on the rails' approach that has been persistent since the very first ISS. But we all learn to live with that.

What I can't live with is the same glitches/bugs/shortcomings that remain. Mainly to do with the AI in singleplayer, but present also in multiplayer because it's to do with the AI when you don't have control of them.

Still it seems much more realistic. Gotta play it some more. France, Brazil, Argentina, et al in the demo (a selection of national teams).

It's a bit strange that the display configuration gives a 4:3 and 16:9 mode but only upto a resolution of 1280x1024, maybe the final version will have more resolution options available

I'm about to find out but i'm very impatient and i'm curious whether my laptop will be able to run it smoothly. i got a duo t2050 1,8 ghz 1gb ram and x1600 256 mb . Pes 6 ran great even windowed mode with a lot of other apps running so i can't really believe that this won't run fine

I'm downloading the PES 2008 Demo at Gamershell, the Dutch server. How can I get it faster? Now 70 kB/s. Do anyone have a good idea? I'm downloading with download manager.

Ik download nu de PES 2008 Demo op Gamershell, de Nederlandse server. Hoe kan ik het sneller krijgen? Nu is het 70 kB/s. Heeft iemand een idee? Ik download met download manager.

Please, help me!

Hey guys who downloaded the demo.I have a problem with disk space.When i start the pes2008demo.exe it loads everything and asks me where to install it ok..so far ok.When i choose different folder on another drive where i got space 8 gb it tells me not enough disk space!?!? wtf? someone tell me please how big is the installation folder.I can't imagine a demo bigger than 8 gb.How can.t it be enough?

Hey guys who downloaded the demo.I have a problem with disk space.When i start the pes2008demo.exe it loads everything and asks me where to install it ok..so far ok.When i choose different folder on another drive where i got space 8 gb it tells me not enough disk space!?!? wtf? someone tell me please how big is the installation folder.I can't imagine a demo bigger than 8 gb.How can.t it be enough?

I'm having the same problem. I have 65GB free on my D: drive and it says I don't have enough space. Maybe it will only lets you save to the C: drive which is annoying as I only have 1GB of space on that one.

Don't like that fact I can't set the resolution of the game above 1280x1024, i'm playing on a 22" widescreen @1680x1050, so it leaves two black borders on both sides of the screen.

I'm assuming it supports 1360x768, does it? It's the native x360 resolution, I'd be surprised not to see it in the demo.

Actually, you can get Vsync working - you've just gotta make sure its enabled in your graphics card settings too. It's running at the perfect pace now - much slower than the 360 demo.

Back
Top Bottom