PES 2008 DEMO IS THERE!!

Ive played the demo now, and gotta say its plays fast but nice, in my opinion. But damn, the faces are great!!!
Stupid thing about the demo, u cant select ur own resolution, but it has widescreen support.

@those who played PC demo

Is it true that the PS2 adapter is not supported? I've seen some screens with Xbox360 pad on it. :eh:
It would suck a big time if we are not able to play demo with PlayStation gamepad.

DonCerveza said:
Gibt keine AFS-files mehr:(. Sind jetzt cs.img und co. Habe es auch noch nicht geschafft diese mit irgendwas zu öffnen.

looks like new data files, so all edited stuff doesnt seem to work

Few pictures from me taken at 1600x900 on maximum settings. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to support any higher resolutions :( In my eyes it looks slightly less detailed than the 360 version. The faces don't seem to have quite the same high quality textures - maybe I'm just being paranoid though. Runs very well though. Anti-aliasing still doesn't seem to be supported - doesn't appear to work when forced via the nvidia settings panel

pes2008pic1xl0.jpg

pes2008pic2qp6.jpg

pes2008pic3yf7.jpg

pes2008pic4nt4.jpg

Whats your system spec?

I love the new hair, i wonder if they are sponsered by Microsoft. Looks very like media player.

Last edited:
@those who played PC demo

Is it true that the PS2 adapter is not supported? I've seen some screens with Xbox360 pad on it. :eh:
It would suck a big time if we are not able to play demo with PlayStation gamepad.

The game very likely supports the xbox360 pad natively (like most pc games nowadays, after all), along with pictures and button icons taken from the pad itself. But there's no reason you shouldn't be able to play with a ps2->usb adapter... at worst, you will only have to adapt to buttons called in a different way, which is not ideal but not that bad either.

For me, I both have an xbox360 wireless receiver and a dual-shock adapter, but after playing pes6 and pes2008 demos on xbox I know which is the right choice....

I can't see why the PS2 pad/adapter method wouldn't be supported. You can surely use the PS2 pad as a standard USB controller for other games? If so, then there likely isn't anything to worry about.

I've finally (at the 5th attempt) hit at clean pipe on GamersHell and started getting 1.5MB/s. 15 minutes down from what was looking like 5 hours. Seems like the place to go...

Guys Relax

The ps2 adapter works fine, this game is the bees knees, no more dodgy playstation graphics, been playing for an hour on a 42ich widescreen tv in high res widescreen.

Get in There!!

does the pes2008demo_setup.exe have an icon? is the exact size 1,180,307,657 bytes? My PES2008DEMO.exe doesnt start after the install. I double click it and nothing happens. Which program files are meant to be present?

edit: it seems d3dx9_30.dll is needed in the program files but it didnt install with it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom