PC Gaming

I have watched a few reviews mainly into X670E boards and a couple on the B650 boards.
They seem to recommend the same ones on websites:
ASRock X670E Taichi - However it seems ASRock boards are quite difficult to get in UK
ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming - This is the board I have just purchased.

B650:-
MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi
ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus

I have watched a few reviews mainly into X670E boards and a couple on the B650 boards.
They seem to recommend the same ones on websites:
ASRock X670E Taichi - However it seems ASRock boards are quite difficult to get in UK
ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming - This is the board I have just purchased.

B650:-
MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi
ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Yeah. Thanks. 🙏

B650 and I’m good right?! Had no probs with my MSI so it probably will be an MSI board again.

Wanted to the NVIDIA route but man… prices will be high. Even higher as before I guess. New AMDs should be fine I think.

Msi is a bit pricey for me, but cant deny it's built quality looks good. My old pc intel 4th gen is using msi board, One of its 4 pin psu to cpu slot got melted but surprisingly still working, lol.

Coming from an AM4 board (tomahawk max 2) with 5800x3d and a 6800xt, I’m planning on getting a RDNA4 card by the end of the year. I’ll be staying with the CPU but want to change the case and board. I want a better airflow in my case. Lian Li might be my choice. What’s a good board I should get then? Don’t need top shelf… but decent. The current tomahawk was fine. Any ideas?
In terms of cases i recommend the Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo RGB (Already showed you my PC with this case) or the Lian Li O11 Vision. I think they are both beautiful. If you want good airflow then go with the first one.

In terms of a Mainboard, dont go with a B650.

Diff.jpg

If you want to be prepared for future Graphic Cards go with a B650E. Only the E (Extreme) Versions got PCIE 5.0.
My recommendation is the ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WIFI. This Board is the best bang for the buck in my Opinion.

Last edited:
All the boards which I recommended which are on websites are all B650E boards.

In regards to case, I always have said it is personal preference yes maybe check out reviews on cooling.
However I think how it looks it more important to the average person as they have to stare at it everyday.

All the boards which I recommended which are on websites are all B650E boards.

In regards to case, I always have said it is personal preference yes maybe check out reviews on cooling.
However I think how it looks it more important to the average person as they have to stare at it everyday.
Looks are secondary to me. The machine will be placed on the ground anyway. I’ll be getting a closed case, no glas, no fancy LED’s. Priority is airflow.

When I detached the side panel of my current case, CPU temps in ACC dropped 12 degree. That’s telling imo. When the max was 83 with a 5800x3d, they were at 69-70 with the side being open.

Edit: The MSI 650 is missing PCIE5 slots. So I’m eying the Asus ROG Strix B650E-F now.

Last edited:
In that case if you are not caring about the looks of the case then I would get one which scores highly on reviews for airflow.

My PC looks 'OK' I have the Fractal Meshify 2 XL as I find XL cases make my CPU run over 10c cooler than normal size cases.
The cases I want now are the Hyte Y70 Touch which can't get hold off and the Fractal North XL.

Edit: The MSI 650 is missing PCIE5 slots. So I’m eying the Asus ROG Strix B650E-F now.
Very good choice! You wont regret it :))

Looks are secondary to me. The machine will be placed on the ground anyway. I’ll be getting a closed case, no glas, no fancy LED’s. Priority is airflow.
If thats the case, check the Fractal Design Torrent. Its known to be the best case for airflow you can get.
There are two version. The normal one and a smaller one.
The normal one has already two 180 mm fans in the front and three 140 mm fans in the bottom. I would buy one 140 mm fan for the back additionally.
The smaller one also has two 180 mm fans in the front, but nothing else. You you would have to buy three 120 mm fans for the bottom (or two 140 mm) and one 120 mm for the back (120 mm does not fit in the smaller version).

But be aware, if you are using an AIO cooler, you cant mount it at the top in both cases. I would go with a other case if you watercool your pc (and i recommend this)

Here is a Benchmarks list from Gamersnexus with the best airflow cases. Fans are alle normalized at 27 dBA.
case.jpg

I personally would go with a case where you can mount a 360 AIO in the top. The big advantage is, that all the heat which is caused by the CPU will never be on the inside of the case. It will be transferred into the radiator at the top and will be blown out from there. The Liquid Freezer 3 is by far the best and also one of the cheapest AIOs you can get. I have the RGB Version of it myself and im also cooling an 5800X3D. Before that, i had a Dark Rock Pro 4. The difference with the AIO is insane.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom