PC Gaming

quick update:
so i assembled all the parts last night. worked like a charm.
the pure rock 2 cooler is pretty easy to install, much easier than the Alpenföhn i had before. it had cooling paste already applied to the socket part, so no need to tinker with the paste itself.
the gfx card is a freaking beast, massive, heavy, well build.
by accident i ordered a lot of parts in black color so the system looks like a black beast now. :)
i will install windows10, drivers and software tonight.... the weekend can start! :D

Maybe I change my mind and interest, because of fifa22 and the other football thing from konami.
If it is correct we will have just "maybe" a next gen on PC (eFootball). I have more interest for a next gen console than a PC wheel.

I know it is much more money than a wheel but a wheel can wait because I want to play a next gen football game! :CALM:

Attention, joke incoming: The hype train is real - Train Sim World 2 free on Epic games.

🤭 :BRMM:

again, a quick update regarding my gaming computer:
so windows and all drivers, plus some additional software got installed.
i went a bit crazy over the weekend and bought ACC, AMS2 and Flight Sim (via GPU)!
all games run in 4k 60fps... AMS2 beeing the best performer here, followed by ACC (wich drops FPS in certain situations; need to get rid of that assap).
MSFS is by far the most hardware hungry of all 3. i managed to have it running at around 45fps in dense ground areas, with max fps being around 65 (in the hangar its up to over 70).
i will post some pictures of the bulding process and maybe some game footage i recorded later.

be assured: sim racing with this computer is what i wanted and what i got is another level of immersion! the graphics, the smooth fps and most important, the DD1 force feedback at 333mhz is just outstanding! those curbs... i could just ride curbs all day. it feels so damn good!
:LOVE:

edit: let me add, i was having a lot of fun racing on PS5... but this PC setup und the sims i run on them are a different story! dont get me started on all the modding possibilities i just had a glimpse at for now. sim racing feels more home on PC! :)

Last edited:
again, a quick update regarding my gaming computer:
so windows and all drivers, plus some additional software got installed.
i went a bit crazy over the weekend and bought ACC, AMS2 and Flight Sim (via GPU)!
all games run in 4k 60fps... AMS2 beeing the best performer here, followed by ACC (wich drops FPS in certain situations; need to get rid of that assap).
MSFS is by far the most hardware hungry of all 3. i managed to have it running at around 45fps in dense ground areas, with max fps being around 65 (in the hangar its up to over 70).
i will post some pictures of the bulding process and maybe some game footage i recorded later.

be assured: sim racing with this computer is what i wanted and what i got is another level of immersion! the graphics, the smooth fps and most important, the DD1 force feedback at 333mhz is just outstanding! those curbs... i could just ride curbs all day. it feels so damn good!

edit: let me add, i was having a lot of fun racing on PS5... but this PC setup und the sims i run on them are a different story! dont get me started on all the modding possibilities i just had a glimpse at for now. sim racing feels more home on PC! :)

Welcome to the Master Race :)

Welcome to the Master Race :)
:LOL: ...there is a sim software called master race?! ;)

yeah, for sims and modding its just perfect, i have to admit.

last time i tried to build the gaming pc the 2GB gfx card was the bottleneck so the whole system wasnt that powerful and i lost interest a bit. now its a different story...
the ryzen 5 3600 is fine for now (40% in ACC), the gfx card is powerfull, only thing i will change in the near future is the ram.
having only installed 1 stick (Ballistix tactical 16GB DDR 3000) from 2017, i can think of getting some more fps with a more current 2x8GB DDR4 3200-3600 set of dual channel ram.
is that dual banked stuff still important?!

i saw this offer wich looked good to me... https://www.amazon.de/dp/B083TRRT16/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_WFQW4A2YDR1EDQ6E9WP9
or as 3600 version: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07TC4TPCN?psc=1

i think 3200 is good enough for my purpose. i dont see 32GB (2x16 being necessary for me atm). what do you think?

Last edited:
:LOL: ...there is a sim software called master race?! ;)

yeah, for sims and modding its just perfect, i have to admit.

last time i tried to build the gaming pc the 2GB gfx card was the bottleneck so the whole system wasnt that powerful and i lost interest a bit. now its a different story...
the ryzen 5 3600 is fine for now (40% in ACC), the gfx card is powerfull, only thing i will change in the near future is the ram.
having only installed 1 stick (Ballistix tactical 16GB DDR 3000) from 2017, i can think of getting some more fps with a more current 2x8GB DDR4 3200-3600 set of dual channel ram.
is that dual banked stuff still important?!

i saw this offer wich looked good to me... https://www.amazon.de/dp/B083TRRT16/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_WFQW4A2YDR1EDQ6E9WP9
or as 3600 version: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07TC4TPCN?psc=1

i think 3200 is good enough for my purpose. i dont see 32GB (2x16 being necessary for me atm). what do you think?

I have dual channel RAM, as that is what people recommend when building systems as theoretically you are doubling the amount of bandwidth between the CPU and RAM.

Real life performance though depends on the scenario, obviously the more intense stuff you do the more you will likely notice a little difference, but just running Windows and a few apps (NOT ADOBE PRODUCTS) then you probably most likely won't notice too much of a difference.

In gaming though with a few pages and videos seen it can makes on average a 20-30% difference in the amount of FPS - Even if the dual channel RAM is slower than the single channel.

I have dual channel RAM, as that is what people recommend when building systems as theoretically you are doubling the amount of bandwidth between the CPU and RAM.

Real life performance though depends on the scenario, obviously the more intense stuff you do the more you will likely notice a little difference, but just running Windows and a few apps (NOT ADOBE PRODUCTS) then you probably most likely won't notice too much of a difference.

In gaming though with a few pages and videos seen it can makes on average a 20-30% difference in the amount of FPS - Even if the dual channel RAM is slower than the single channel.
That’s interesting.
btw. Found out today my 55“ 4K @ 60hz is featuring 1440p @ 120hz too.
i have to check that out more in detail tomorrow.

edit: i will give this a try when i set up the whole system as new next week. around 10% more performance would be nice to have.
https://www.amd.com/de/technologies/smart-access-memory

Last edited:
Shout out to reiza studios

What I'm curious about is how much they're gonna charge for the modes. I'm allow someone else to be the Guinness pig and because I want to see if the whatever BAL and ML become are worth and even lesser price.
AMS2 looks really great, better than ACC, imo. those mirrors! :APPLAUD:
i downloaded RRRE's free content to have a look but i'm not into buying all the content... same with iRacing.

guess i'm very good with ACC for GT3 driving and AMS2 for other tracks and more car variety! i will get AC ultimate edition later this month, because i want to install the SOL mod! gosh... i want to drive the Schleife in premium quality!

:...

and another update:

just a few pics of the building process. it all went very well, no problems installing the hardware.

DCC3D90E-B454-49DA-8D6B-E1D175AE1CC8.jpeg 9B836E7C-8FCA-4FA3-8B6E-A55419BC29AA.jpeg 8C3AC03D-1A65-4F4B-A91C-A1500AA5EBB4.jpeg 88D3B382-3AD2-453C-83C2-6F328ABB9BDA.jpeg F673FCE1-988F-44B9-A84D-EAE13E3F79E4.jpeg

by accident, i did not have a focus on that, i ordered a lot of hardware in black color and i like it a lot now. :D i will color in the red and yellow cables with a black marker.
its a very cheap build, cost wise, but its all i need.

my setup:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI Tomahawk Max2
Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 3000
Crucial 500GB P2 NVME
AMD Radeon 6800 XT
BeQuiet Pure Base 600 Case
BeQuiet PureRock 2 black Cooler
Cooler Master B700 v2 PSU

a very happy gamer here! but gosh, how my friends are a bit concerned lately about me ever getting a wife! :LOL:

Last edited:
a very happy gamer here! but gosh, how my friends are a bit concerned lately about me ever getting a wife! :LOL:

be happy to do it while you get to! something like this in our current living situation would never, ever go down with my wife.

i am happy that at least i can have my fun car to drive around, but i wish i could finally build a rig. gonna take a couple of years until we move into our house...

and another update:

just a few pics of the building process. it all went very well, no problems installing the hardware.

View attachment 113630 View attachment 113631 View attachment 113626 View attachment 113628 View attachment 113633

by accident, i did not have a focus on that, i ordered a lot of hardware in black color and i like it a lot now. :D i will color in the red and yellow cables with a black marker.

my setup:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI Tomahawk Max2
Crucial 500GB P2 NVME
AMD Radeon 6800 XT

Next time don't use a towell! Never ever! I would buy a anti static plate.

Hope for you, that it is nothing overload.

be happy to do it while you get to! something like this in our current living situation would never, ever go down with my wife.

i am happy that at least i can have my fun car to drive around, but i wish i could finally build a rig. gonna take a couple of years until we move into our house...
i am and i know what privilege that is.

Next time don't use a towell! Never ever! I would buy a anti static plate.

Hope for you, that it is nothing overload.
went all well so far, i was grounded myself all the time.
but yeah, i will invest some euro in an anti static working mat for future projects.

and another update:

View attachment 113630 View attachment 113631 View attachment 113626 View attachment 113628 View attachment 113633

my setup:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI Tomahawk Max2
Crucial 500GB P2 NVME
AMD Radeon 6800 XT

How easy was it to put together for a newbie like me from 1-10? Is it just a big lego?

How easy was it to put together for a newbie like me from 1-10? Is it just a big lego?

Yes and No.
Pretty much everything can only go in one place and there is even marks on the processor to show which way round it goes.
So it is just expensive lego.

There are plenty of guides on YouTube, which will help you build the system.

i got offered the following RAM kit for 70 euro straight (new/sealed).
https://www.crucial.de/memory/ddr4/bl2k8g32c16u4rl

is that an investment i should do, trying to sell my 4year 16GB module for like 30!?

3200 at 1.35V would be perfect for my system (R5 3600) i guess.

btw: i'm not into that RGBism shenanigans... would i be able to deactivate the leds stuff on the RAM?!

edit: got em for 60 euro now! :D

edit: btw, i ran the 3dmark last night, just to get a comparison how my system is running.

anyone knowing this PRO_TOO guy... ?! :LOL:
https://www.3dmark.com/search#advanced?test=spy P&cpuId=2481&gpuId=1348&gpuCount=0&deviceType=ALL&memoryChannels=1&country=&scoreType=overallScore&hofMode=false&showInvalidResults=false&freeParams=&minGpuCoreClock=&maxGpuCoreClock=&minGpuMemClock=&maxGpuMemClock=&minCpuClock=&maxCpuClock=

i was laughing my ass off (after some time of surpise) when i saw the results. my system is all on standard (just activated SAM) and tweaking of the computer starts next week!

happy gamer here! :D

Last edited:
i was laughing my ass off (after some time of surpise) when i saw the results. my system is all on standard (just activated SAM) and tweaking of the computer starts next week!
Two medals for Germany there :D

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI Tomahawk Max2
Crucial 500GB P2 NVME
AMD Radeon 6800 XT
How much was all that in the end?

Two medals for Germany there :D

How much was all that in the end?
911, like the Porsche i'm driving, but euro! :APPLAUD:
700 for the gfx card, MSI MB + BQ PureRock+Crucial P2+BQ PureBase600 = 211 euro!
i got gifted the PSU, the 16GB RAM and the Ryzen CPU i bought a year ago for 100 euro.

so all together i spent 1011 euro exactly.
add the 60 for the RAM i'll get and substract 30 for selling the old module. so basically 1043 euro. ;)
but i'm pretty pretty sure i'll spent more in the future... :LOL: once you start... :BOUNCE:

hey folks,
i got a lot of windows stuff set up and running. i'm pretty happy how the system is running right now, no CTD, no performance issues...
one mayor problem i still cant get fixed yet is using the the dualshock controller in windows.
its connected via bluetooth and working in steam. all configs work, in steam games the controller works perfect.

whats not working is the controller being recognized by games i donwloaded from the MS Store (MSFS2020). the game just shows keyboard and mouse options.
then i tried adding MSFS2020 to steam (UWPhook), that worked well and i could start the game from inside steam. still, the controller wont be recognized.

i installed ds4windows but the controller wont show up. i did the uninstallation of the HDI complaint game controller like shown in the video... but still the con is not showing up!

i guess its some problem with directInput and Xinput somehow...

if anyone here has an idea of what things to try to make it work... i'd be super happy and thankful.

hey folks,
i got a lot of windows stuff set up and running. i'm pretty happy how the system is running right now, no CTD, no performance issues...
one mayor problem i still cant get fixed yet is using the the dualshock controller in windows.
its connected via bluetooth and working in steam. all configs work, in steam games the controller works perfect.

whats not working is the controller being recognized by games i donwloaded from the MS Store (MSFS2020). the game just shows keyboard and mouse options.
then i tried adding MSFS2020 to steam (UWPhook), that worked well and i could start the game from inside steam. still, the controller wont be recognized.

i installed ds4windows but the controller wont show up. i did the uninstallation of the HDI complaint game controller like shown in the video... but still the con is not showing up!

i guess its some problem with directInput and Xinput somehow...

if anyone here has an idea of what things to try to make it work... i'd be super happy and thankful.

Ds4 works for me but can sometimes be a bit of trouble to get it to work.
I'm guessing you already installed the drivers from ds4windows right? Also there are 2 ds4windows, make sure you installed the one that is still in development (colorful icon).
Have you tried using big picture mode on steam to run msfs? There is a toggle in ds4windows to hide the ds4, did you click that one?
Basically if you go to control panel the pc should see it as a xbox360 controller. Ds4 works on steam as a PlayStation controller but I Don't think it's reading it as a xbox controller. Ill see what else I have in my options

Ds4 works for me but can sometimes be a bit of trouble to get it to work.
I'm guessing you already installed the drivers from ds4windows right? Also there are 2 ds4windows, make sure you installed the one that is still in development (colorful icon).
Have you tried using big picture mode on steam to run msfs? There is a toggle in ds4windows to hide the ds4, did you click that one?
Basically if you go to control panel the pc should see it as a xbox360 controller. Ds4 works on steam as a PlayStation controller but I Don't think it's reading it as a xbox controller. Ill see what else I have in my options
yes, i installed the ds4 driver that came with the program.
i am using the version with an all black logo (version 1.4.52): http://ds4windows.com/

i tried MSFS in regualr and big picture mode! not working. the thing is, MSFS isnt supposed to be in the store (when it was downloaded via ms store). i used a workaround to get it there and had hope the controller would work.
have to look for that toggle...
the controller is shown in devive manager as HID complaint gaming device and the bluetooth adapter is listed too. no xbox controller to be found.

i know about MS "trying to force" using an xbox controller in windows... but i want my DS to be working. not spending a dime on a new controller.

thanks for your help, @el niche ! :APPLAUD:

edit: i checked on a different version and found this one (3.0.16): https://www.chip.de/downloads/DS4Windows_163882570.html
i'd give it a try tonight. maybe it really is the old version thats causing the problems.

there is some more optimism again! :D

the controller is shown in devive manager as HID complaint gaming device and the bluetooth adapter is listed too. no xbox controller to be found.

i know about MS "trying to force" using an xbox controller in windows... but i want my DS to be working. not spending a dime on a new controller.

Hey mate, this could possibly help ya.. I had an issue with my new DS4 controller being read as a headset & mic aswell as a controller. So I disabled them in device manager (audio section) and then ds4windows was able to read it. Which is wierd cuase my older controller didn't have this issue.
Restart ds4windows too , it seems to not read changes until u do.

Hey mate, this could possibly help ya.. I had an issue with my new DS4 controller being read as a headset & mic aswell as a controller. So I disabled them in device manager (audio section) and then ds4windows was able to read it. Which is wierd cuase my older controller didn't have this issue.
Restart ds4windows too , it seems to not read changes until u do.
thats a good one as my system does recognize those as well, afair. ill have a look in a couple of minutes.

For DS4 on Windows I'd suggest using ryochan7's fork, this is still being actively developed: https://ryochan7.github.io/ds4windows-site/
The newer version worked. The controller was connected and recognized wired and wireless in windows. the dual sense was installed as an Xbox 360 controller. MSFS isn’t recognizing the controller when in wireless mode but wired. That’s good enough for now, as its the only game I need it for.

thank you all so much! :APPLAUD:

when reading a lot about system optimization, i found multiple users advising to turn off hardware accelerated GPU scheduling, but i dont have that option in windows.

my panel just shows VRR option first and the option to add games and choose a performance mode in second position, like seen here:
microsoft-windows-10-1903-vrr-option_6068192.jpg

Enable-windows-10-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling
https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/07/07/enable-windows-10-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling/

windows-gpu-hardware-scheduling.png

where is that option??

when reading a lot about system optimization, i found multiple users advising to turn off hardware accelerated GPU scheduling, but i dont have that option in windows.

my panel just shows VRR option first and the option to add games and choose a performance mode in second position, like seen here:
microsoft-windows-10-1903-vrr-option_6068192.jpg

Enable-windows-10-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling
https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/07/07/enable-windows-10-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling/

windows-gpu-hardware-scheduling.png

where is that option??
  1. That advice is wrong, you can enable it for most games
  2. Did you install all of the Windows Feature Updates already?

1. That advice is wrong, you can enable it for most games
  2. Did you install all of the Windows Feature Updates already?
well, i never read one single comment advising to turn this ON!
i have all windows updates installed except the optional ones (driver). is there any other update i "need"?

that hardware scheduling was introduced back in march 2020. pretty sure i have those updates installed.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3599-windows-10-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-benchmarks

i posted the link above fo the release date of this feature but i just had a look at the benchmarks listed in the link above... see for yourself.
but hey... i'd like to know more.

Back
Top Bottom