PC Gaming

Motherboards is down to bad experiences with other manufacturers - Owned 3 Gigabyte boards in the past and they have all died.

I remember you have told about Gigabyte M/B's death here several times, right?
I didn't believe you because mine had never had any issue until its sudden death.
One day of last year, I awoke and turned my PC on, but there's no booting. It turned out to be that my 3-year-old Gigabyte M/B died.
It was OK the day before, and I've never touched anything on it before. It's an absolute sudden death.
I won't ever buy Gigabyte again.

Hello, my birthday is next monday and maybe could have a little bit more money.

So I'm searching for a gaming PC wheel with pedals.

Now I ask the experts of you. Which one is better? Logitech G29, Logitech G923, Thrustmaster T150RS or Thrustmaster T150RS Pro?

I want to not much more pay over ~ 200€. I see the G29 actually on amazon ( I know they are evil :D but actually they are the cheapest ) for 209€ and the T150RS under 200€.

What do you think? Do these 4 wheels also run with Windows 10 or maybe 11?
This wheel will be for ACC, Dirt Rally 2.0, EuroTruck Simulator 2 and The Bus (early access on steam).

I need your help! :)

excuse me guys, for sliding in here... i always had an eye on the MSI Tomahawk Max II, wich is usually around 99 euro. now its down to the lowest price ever, wich is 69 euro.

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_...-Max-II--So-AM4--ATX--7C02-014R-_1387989.html

cant go wrong with this one for a medium performance PC (ryzen 5 3600, 16GB, nvme), can i?!

Are you set with AMD? Because im in your current situation and I looked at the R5 3600, but I think you get better performance and price by going to the entry level Intel 11th gen (i5-11400). That is unless you already have the CPU and you are building now now now or found a good deal ; as bsmaff said both intel and amd will be changing sockets soon so upgradeability will be easier.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-core-i5-11400-vs-amd-ryzen-5-3600-budget-gaming-cpu-face-off

Are you set with AMD? Because im in your current situation and I looked at the R5 3600, but I think you get better performance and price by going to the entry level Intel 11th gen (i5-11400). That is unless you already have the CPU and you are building now now now or found a good deal ; as bsmaff said both intel and amd will be changing sockets soon so upgradeability will be easier.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-core-i5-11400-vs-amd-ryzen-5-3600-budget-gaming-cpu-face-off
I have those parts i mentioned at home already. Just laying around and waiting to be installed.

I have those parts i mentioned at home already. Just laying around and waiting to be installed.
Got it. Will it be first time building one?. Let me know how it goes. Don't know about the motherboard you mentioned unfortunately....

Even if the prices of GFX cards would go down someday, they won't drop down as reasonable as before.
Because scalpers won't stop scalping and they won't be vanished like fucking viruses.
The greedy manufacturers pretend to make efforts for solution somehow, but seem like to be enjoying this situation.
I'm seriously considering moving on to console gaming these days.

Hello, my birthday is next monday and maybe could have a little bit more money.

So I'm searching for a gaming PC wheel with pedals.

Now I ask the experts of you. Which one is better? Logitech G29, Logitech G923, Thrustmaster T150RS or Thrustmaster T150RS Pro?

I want to not much more pay over ~ 200€. I see the G29 actually on amazon ( I know they are evil :D but actually they are the cheapest ) for 209€ and the T150RS under 200€.

What do you think? Do these 4 wheels also run with Windows 10 or maybe 11?
This wheel will be for ACC, Dirt Rally 2.0, EuroTruck Simulator 2 and The Bus (early access on steam).

I need your help! :)
I would take the T150 for that.

@majuh and @PRO_TOO

Thanks for answer my question.

Which T150 do you exsactly mean? T150RS or T150RS Pro?

The T300 is to much expansive for my moneypocket. :(

@majuh and @PRO_TOO

not to long ago the T300RS was available for 212 euro but usually the price is around 260-280.

the T150 isnt that much cheaper: https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleic...87_-t150-pro-force-feedback-thrustmaster.html
T300RS: https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/4543948_-t300-rs-thrustmaster.html

i'd say, wait another month or 2 and put some spare money aside. imo, its well worth spending a little extra.

not to long ago the T300RS was available for 212 euro but usually the price is around 260-280.

the T150 isnt that much cheaper: https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleic...87_-t150-pro-force-feedback-thrustmaster.html
T300RS: https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/4543948_-t300-rs-thrustmaster.html

i'd say, wait another month or 2 and put some spare money aside. imo, its well worth spending a little extra.
Yea, I can wait. And thanks again.

So I will observe the price from the T300.

The only difference is the clutch pedal. If you don't think you'll use it, the first one is enough. Especially if it's your first wheel, I wouldn't spend more than necessary. You could still sell it and buy a better one after a year if you like it.

The only difference is the clutch pedal. If you don't think you'll use it, the first one is enough. Especially if it's your first wheel, I wouldn't spend more than necessary. You could still sell it and buy a better one after a year if you like it.
Yes it would be my first wheel for PC.

But I had some years ago a Logitech G27 + pedals and shifter espacially for the since overhyped game ProjectCars. And it was an absolutly fail - the game and the wheel.

So I'm a little bit more smarter ( just a little bit :D ) and have more expierence and hopefully be more patient.

I will think about it and observ the price.

@majuh and @PRO_TOO

There is a big difference between the 150 and 300.
150 is gear driven and the 300 is belt driven.

This makes a massive difference to force feedback.

Also the G29 is apparently the hands down winner of the gear driven wheels.

excuse me guys, for sliding in here... i always had an eye on the MSI Tomahawk Max II, wich is usually around 99 euro. now its down to the lowest price ever, wich is 69 euro.

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_...-Max-II--So-AM4--ATX--7C02-014R-_1387989.html

cant go wrong with this one for a medium performance PC (ryzen 5 3600, 16GB, nvme), can i?!

Bit of a late reply as been on holiday this week.
People say the Tomohawk boards are very very good for the price, but I am sure you bought it already,

Bit of a late reply as been on holiday this week.
People say the Tomohawk boards are very very good for the price, but I am sure you bought it already,
Not yet! :)
Thanks for the reply. It’s still available for 69 euro. Need a gfx card first.
I read they are good value for the money with decent overclocking capabilities!

There is a big difference between the 150 and 300.
150 is gear driven and the 300 is belt driven.

This makes a massive difference to force feedback.

Also the G29 is apparently the hands down winner of the gear driven wheels.
Hi @bsmaff ,

Can you please say me exsactly what do you mean with "hands down winner"? The loser or what?

Sorry my english, look at my signature. :FAIL:

Hi @bsmaff ,

Can you please say me exsactly what do you mean with "hands down winner"? The loser or what?

Sorry my english, look at my signature. :FAIL:

I was reading reviews and watching a few YouTube videos a while ago when I purchased my wheel.
Every review and video I watched stated the G29 was the best of the cheaper gear driven wheels.

With many sites stating the T300RS being one of the best belt driven wheels.
I will find the video which I thought was the best one I watched.

I have owned the G29 and T300RS and must say the T300RS instantly was a much better wheel.
The feedback and general feel of the wheel was far superior.

I was reading reviews and watching a few YouTube videos a while ago when I purchased my wheel.
Every review and video I watched stated the G29 was the best of the cheaper gear driven wheels.

I have owned the G29 and T300RS and must say the T300RS instantly was a much better wheel.
Thank you bsmaff! Now I'm going to bed, will come back tomorow. :)

I second that. As I said, be patient and put some bucks aside. Go get your wheel a bit later, but go for the T300!

4 month in, I don’t regret a single Euro I’ve spent on my DD1. Still I’m impressed by the build quality and what immersion i get from direct drive force feedback! Amazes me every time I drive!

I second that. As I said, be patient and put some bucks aside. Go get your wheel a bit later, but go for the T300!

4 month in, I don’t regret a single Euro I’ve spent on my DD1. Still I’m impressed by the build quality and what immersion i get from direct drive force feedback! Amazes me every time I drive!

Yeah, TBH I regret now not buying a Direct Drive.
But Fanatec wheels were impossible to get hold off a while ago and I am happy with my T300RS, it is so much better than a G29.

+ I went a little crazy with my wheel and bought this addon - It is absolutely superb and the build quality is better than any other wheel I have used.
https://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/formula-wheel-add-on-ferrari-sf1000-edition.html

Yeah, TBH I regret now not buying a Direct Drive.
But Fanatec wheels were impossible to get hold off a while ago and I am happy with my T300RS, it is so much better than a G29.

+ I went a little crazy with my wheel and bought this addon - It is absolutely superb and the build quality is better than any other wheel I have used.
https://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/formula-wheel-add-on-ferrari-sf1000-edition.html
Nice formula wheel you got there! 👌

Currently I’m thinking about what’s better for me. Taking the rim off the APM and Podium hub and attaching a GT style rim to it, or just getting a new one. Thing is, if I buy a new one the formula wheel that came with the podium set would just lay around for nothing.

270mm in size doesn’t feel right to me when driving GT3 class most of the time. that Porsche wheel and especially that endurance plate look so awesome and I think that would be the right choice for myself. But the price is “way too high”!

guess stripping parts from my wheel and getting a new rim would be the best choice.

Last edited:
Fanatec rigs were my dreams once.
But when I realized that there are other more expensive nerdic wheels, pedals, shifters...etc, which are so super-expensive enough to make Fanatecs be poor cheap things, I thought "what the hell is going on?, what these all are about?, they are toys after all."
And I made a decision to set my 'Braking Point' to T300RS, not to be possessed and eaten by the monstrous toys.

I think any wheel from the G29 will be more than adequate for anyone, just don't go cheaper.

Most importantly it is a case of how much would you use it?
I don't know about @PRO_TOO but since I purchased my wheel my gaming time on racing games has gone from a couple of hours a month, to about 5-10 hours a week just because of how much more fun games are with a wheel.
It adds so much more immersion to the game it takes it to a complete whole different level.

I think any wheel from the G29 will be more than adequate for anyone, just don't go cheaper.

Most importantly it is a case of how much would you use it?
I don't know about @PRO_TOO but since I purchased my wheel my gaming time on racing games has gone from a couple of hours a month, to about 5-10 hours a week just because of how much more fun games are with a wheel.
It adds so much more immersion to the game it takes it to a complete whole different level.
This!!

Good gear makes you use it more! Easy is that.

That is the one I own

It is a fantastic wheel and considered the best of the belt driven wheels.

That is an incredible price - I paid £318 for mine from Amazon and the additional £330 for the ferrari wheel addon

Back
Top Bottom