[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

This is what we have been telling you for weeks, there are no perfect "sliders" but the ability to make minor or major tweaks to the sliders (depending on how you play the game) and difference it makes is why FIFA for me is the best football game that I have played in years.

For example I found Placebo's sliders perfect for me, but my mate he tried them and didn't like them 100% so made slight changes to fit in with what he wanted for the game.

I tried Placebo's sliders, personally they weren't for me (no offense, Placebo!! :D), maybe its because i dont play in legendary with all manual. However, using his sliders did allow me to see what each one does in more depth, so I could alter the bits I don't like very slightly to not deviate from the core gameplay too much. I did have first touch error already at 60, but increasing by another five points to 65 seems to have hit the spot in terms of nerfing the COM's ability to twist and turn at high speed. It makes me need to plan my passes a bit more and I can get a lot closer to an attacker without them turning in a tight circle. Just that minor adjustment has made the game more realistic for me, without skimping on the difficulty because I have to adapt to it with my own players.

Last edited:
I've taken a short break from playing Fifa as I got heavily into Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag finally, really enjoying that, will probably start a new CM when the loan window closes (waiting for clarification on the Madine issue as well) :)

Did the latest patch tweak shooting?

I put it on today and seemed to be ballooning shots over the bar far more than I'm used to. I checked the update notes on ps4 but it only lists ultimate team win/loss stats fix

Question - anyone reckon EA will put tattoos on players in Fifa 15.
Nothing to do with gameplay of course but would be a nice touch.

Had a mare online last night. 2 consecutive defeats. Never happened to me since I started playing seasons. Just couldnt put the ball in the net.

Feels a bit weightier again to control, like when it first came out.

I still love it though.

I thought that, but just put it down to my imagination seeing as I didn't even realise there was a patch. PS4 just auto downloads it in the background. Now that I've realised there was a patch then maybe there's something to it. Either way, since switching it on some time last week, there is a more weighty feel to players in how they turn, which I much prefer.

Last edited:
It'd be cool if you could take over as manager in February with the new transfers, instead of seeing Mata for a whole season at United for example. I'd love to take the challenge of saving Betis or Fulham with not much time.

It'd be cool if you could take over as manager in February with the new transfers, instead of seeing Mata for a whole season at United for example. I'd love to take the challenge of saving Betis or Fulham with not much time.

You can, I view the job offers every few days to check if there's another team who might need me more then my current team... I'm kind of a gypsy in the digital football world... :)

I think he means start a new career mode mid season.

I'd love to start one based that uses real world data for this season and starts now rather than the start of the year.

The game is definitely 'heavier', like it was when it first came out. Players feel like they have more inertia. It's great, but am I imagining this?!

It's damn hard to find a PS4, but I'll try to get one, and if I do so, do you guys recomend me getting this Fifa 14 ?

Since the world cup game won't be released for nextgen consoles, it will take a long time until Fifa 15 comes out, so I guess I don't have another choice anyway..

It's damn hard to find a PS4, but I'll try to get one, and if I do so, do you guys recomend me getting this Fifa 14 ?

Since the world cup game won't be released for nextgen consoles, it will take a long time until Fifa 15 comes out, so I guess I don't have another choice anyway..

Meh its rubbish save your money for 15.

Trolling really Placebo?

I have better things to do with my time.

@Dudu IMO its not as great as these folk make it out to be and far from the greatest football game ever made.

Same old same old fifa small pitch, no player individuality, ridiculous scripting, no tactical depth unless 433 is your thing and samey goals are only a few moans before I get labelled any further

Cheers

Trolling really Placebo?

I have better things to do with my time.

@Dudu IMO its not as great as these folk make it out to be and far from the greatest football game ever made.

Same old same old fifa small pitch, no player individuality, ridiculous scripting, no tactical depth unless 433 is your thing and samey goals are only a few moans before I get labelled any further

Cheers

Respect your opinion but for me this is the best football game that I have played in the last 5 years easily. I am seeing plenty of individuality and the tactical depth is decent, yeah it could have more but certainly isn't poor. I don't think that I have ever played 4-3-3, use a variety of formations. In previous Fifa's I have been put off by the "samey goals", but not in this one, score a wide variety of goals and am happy with that aspect of the game.

In previous years, I have usually grown bored of FIFA within a couple of months and returned to PES. Not this year, absolutely loving it and am certain that I will continue to play it until FIFA 15 comes out.

Respect your opinion but for me this is the best football game that I have played in the last 5 years easily. I am seeing plenty of individuality and the tactical depth is decent, yeah it could have more but certainly isn't poor. I don't think that I have ever played 4-3-3, use a variety of formations. In previous Fifa's I have been put off by the "samey goals", but not in this one, score a wide variety of goals and am happy with that aspect of the game.

In previous years, I have usually grown bored of FIFA within a couple of months and returned to PES. Not this year, absolutely loving it and am certain that I will continue to play it until FIFA 15 comes out.

+1

It sounds obvious but it depends if you enjoy the FIFA series or not. If you do, absolutely get the game when you find a PS4. It's by far and away the best FIFA game ever made. I usually miles prefer PES but have been receptive to FIFA in the past, so I basically like both series of games. In my opinion this is miles better than previous FIFAs and certainly miles better than PES2014.

Last edited:
Just still can't believe that EA didn't change that shitty goal nets (whole its structure). It makes me vomit. KONAMI is giving a really good example how the goal shape should looks like. Can't play FIFA because of it.

Just still can't believe that EA didn't change that shitty goal nets (whole its structure). It makes me vomit. KONAMI is giving a really good example how the goal shape should looks like. Can't play FIFA because of it.

Sorry mate but that's really stupid.

Back
Top Bottom