Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Placebo said:
I saw Bo Selecta once but it was "wack" so changed channels :)

LOL, and that is blasphemy Placebo :)

Anyone seen open water yet, think i might check that out next!

Watched Ghost In The Shell 2:Innocence tonight and was impressed to the Maxamus!!!

Being Ghost In The Shell it was pretty complex (The fansubs weren't the greatest either), but it was the most visually impressive anime I've ever seen, carried on from the first one by advancing some of the themes eg, do androids dream of electronic sheep?? etc, etc

Highly recommended!!!!

Saw Anchorman on....Sunday.
Excellent, thoroughly enjoyed it. Laughed all the way through. Brick is one of the greatest characters in movie history. See it!

Anyone who likes any Wes Anderson movies should check out Napoleon Dynamite, it's quirky, simple & VERY funny!!!

One of the funniest films I've seen in a while, might be a bit to OUT there for some peeps tastes tho...........

CosaNostra said:
Loz, while you're at it, you should check out Apocalypse now and The Deerhunter. They blow away Full Metal Jacket. I only think the first part (training camp) of FMJ is good.

Deerhunter is the best 'Nam film IMO.
Well i saw the deerhunter, didnt think it was as good as Full Metal Jacket, but had its good bits, such as the russian roulette bit when walken and de niro face off - for the first time.

Also saw Harold and Kumar last night, thought it was great, very funny, and on a subject close to my heart ;)

Also watched kill bill v.2 again today, such a great film :)

Watched Anchorman, thought it was good.

Also went to see Open Waters, which was also very good. Was pretty scary just thinking about Sharks being all around.

FD

Saw RE: Apocalypse. For sakes - why it's not connected with the game? Although it as worth seeing, and that OST.. great.

ProEvo said:
It was pretty jumpy in parts and quite grisley..............HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

I saw SAW (see-Saw, seen Saw?!) last night... not bad for a modern 'horror/thriller', but completely hammy-over acting spoiled it - as well as the film being quite blatent and obvious with one person in the movie that spoiled the suspense for me...

Not just my opinion - the cinema was sold-out for Saw and when the credit came up and we were walking out, I was looking around and everybody had the same kind of bemused/disappointed look about them.

Had some geniune jumpy moments, but not as good as the trailers make out (are they ever?!)

Also watched Open Water this morning - again not that good. Clocking in at under 1hr 20 - though I knew it wouldnt be much cop - I mean, how much can happen to 2 people in the middle of the ocean? You can fill in the story before you watch it...

Still looking at KB1 and KB2 as the best films I've seen in recent times...

Watched Old School last night, thought it was awful. I only thought about 2 bits were funny.
The streaking bit was hilarious and the bit where Frank falls in the pool was pretty funny. I thought it had so much potential but just didn't live up to it. Most of the jokes I could see coming a mile off and where just poor/ poorly executed.
Will Ferrell is still the fucking man though.

If you ever get the chance watch a film called "A Room for Romeo" british film about two young lads and their families, very funny in a sick kind of way, highly recommended!!

Seen Team America, pretty funny.

Last night i watched my dvd of the Bourne Supremecy. I must say it was quite good. I havent seen a good action movie in a while. Im looking forward to the 3rd.

Saw the new movie from the Director of Hero the other night, House Of Flying Daggers - pretty sweet film apart from some slightly dodgy acting but the fight scenes were on a level with Hero!!

Watched Training Day as well, don't usually like anything Denzel Washington does but he is pretty sweet in it!

ProEvo said:
Watched Training Day as well, don't usually like anything Denzel Washington does but he is pretty sweet in it!
I told thee . . . What ya think about the D O double G!?!?!?

;)

loz said:
I told thee . . . What ya think about the D O double G!?!?!?

;)

He was pretty funny, but should have had more than a cameo role............talk about Music artist's in this movie,!!

Snoop, Dre and Macy Gray........I thought Britney was gonna pop up at one point!!;)

phrase said:
Anybody got any insider news or news about the impending classic Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of The Sith?

Well firstly if Ep 1 and 2 are anything to go by then I would hardly be expecting a classic :) However the Ep 3 teaser trailer will be shown before "The Incredibles (Pixar/Disney)" which is released in the USA on Friday and over here in the UK on the 26th. The trailer will debut to StarWars.com members today at 12:00pm (EST/PST/CST??? not sure). The trailer should be available for download tonight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom