Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Resident Evil:Apocolypse yesterday. Easily as good as the first one, worth a watch, and not just for those that enjoy the games!

Garden State - pretty good I thought, left a little deflated by the ending although that's about all that could have really happened I guess.

The Manchurian Candidate - decent watch, storyline was slightly preposterous but the acting was pretty sharp.

Spirited Away - an older movie, but finally got to see it as it was on Sky this evening, enjoyed it a lot.

Milanista said:
House of the flying daggers - good movie if you enjoyed Hero. Story line is quite good as well, some unexpected things happen.
Saw this tonight, didn't think it was very good at all. I know with films such as this you have to have a certain degree of leniency when it comes to believing certain aspects due to the fantasy nature of the movie, but there is one bit in this that just absolutely takes the piss. The film also descends into nothing more than a soap opera-esque love story, with weak characters and battle scenes which are average at best. The characters just don't do enough to make you care what happens come the end, it's too long as well for what is essentially a very weak story.

P.S. I have seen Hero and I thought that was far better, though not 'amazing' either. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is still the best film in this style that I've seen.

Saw Garden State earlier, thought it was superb. Some excellent little scene's in it that i thought were very original and a cool little story line. Highly recommend it.

Watched bubba ho-tep, its about an OAP Elvis whos retirement home is under attack from a mummy, i thought it was pretty funny. Elvis in a zimmer frame setting mummys on fire, good for a laugh

has this link found it's way here yet? i know it was shown to me a while ago, but this looks a great film, its called Sin City

a great cast of actors

-fb

footieBalla said:
has this link found it's way here yet? i know it was shown to me a while ago, but this looks a great film, its called Sin City

a great cast of actors

-fb

If this movie's anywhere near as good as the graphic novels it'll be the film of the year, the footage I've seen so far looks stunning!!

Kung Fu Hustle, watched this over the weekend, pretty funny though i'm not sure if i enjoyed it as much as Shaolin Soccer, still if you like kung fu flicks and have a sense of humour its worth watching..

i forgot about dead man's shoes, its set in a village in Nottinghamshire/derbyshire and its about a guy who returns from the army back to his hometown where he finds that the local thugs/drug dealers have been picking on his retarded brother, it was very well shot and funny and stomach churning in equal measures, the acting by paddy considine is really good as well.

plus if you like your korean flicks, Taegukgi : Brotherhood of war is a good film, like saving private ryan meets john woo.

i loved shaolin soccer, gona watch kung fu hustle tomorrow. Saw Closer today, superb film imo.

** Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind **

I Finally got around to watching this Today, and after a lot of hype and rave reviews from everywhere. I have to be honest and say I was disappointed with it, I really wanted to like it more but cant seem to at the moment ?

It had great acting, smart ideas and humour, not to mention being original and fresh with its editing.

So with all the above going for it - I am surprised I didn't like it more ?

A real shame but still definitely a film I wont forget in a Hurry.

---------------------------------
Now on a more positive note ;-)
---------------------------------

** Closer **

I Watched this last night and thought it was absolutely Brilliant, superb acting with everyone really shining, but Clive Owen & Natalie Portman are particularly good.

Nice to see a mature Adult film that doesn't hold back on anything and really depicts how painful and destructive Relationships can be at times.

I could really relate to this film and its various messages, easily the best film I have seen in the last 6 months.

Napoleon Dynamite:

Great scenes which made me laugh but some where stupide so Milanista your right!

Silverspider, i totally agree about Closer, i really liked it and some of the scenes are really powerful. The fact they have used Damien Rice's music really backs up the theme of the film, imo. As his music is really emotive and fits well with the story line.

Loz, You're spot on there Pal ...

They couldn't have used "The Blower's Daughter" any better than they have, In the opening scene and throughout - it just lends itself so well to the Film and its mood. Superb.

When I hear this song from now on I will always think of this Film ..... And I guess that was their ultimate intention.

Last edited:
Just watched The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Its another Bill Murray movie - just after Coffee & Cigarettes. Its comedic, yet quite sad.

Nice movie to watch. I like Bill Murray movies.

Last edited:
Milanista said:
Just watched The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Its another Bill Murray movie - just after Coffee & Cigarettes. Its comedic, yet quite sad.

Nice movie to watch. I like Bill Murray movies.
Want to see this one because the guy making it is Wes Anderson, made one of my favourite ever movies, 'Rushmore', also featuring Bill Murray. Also made 'The Royal Tenenbaums' which was very good.

** Collateral **

Watched this tonight and thought it was pretty Good. The shooting scenes were very good and quite different to most other films. I liked the way he was so swift, accurate and lethal with that handgun, it made his character seem all the more Powerful and Intimidating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom