Movie Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw was pretty good, not quite up to se7en standards... worth watching though. it's not really action, there are action moments towards the end but it's more of a psychological thriller. It is quite gruesome though.

Last edited:
Saw the PIXAR film, "The Incredibles" and I thought it was pretty funny. A good one to enjoy under the influence of mind altering substances.

the grudge is not scary as the ring, but its worth watching it, saw it was good, better than the grudge i think, i want to watch this weekend the incredibles. lot of ppl sayin that the movie is good.

Just got back from watching Der Untergang. I thought it was an amazing, powerful movie. Acting was great and it took a while to get it off of me afterwards. IMDB rates it an 8.2, which is what it deserves IMO.

danwin said:
Saw was pretty good, not quite up to se7en standards... worth watching though. it's not really action, there are action moments towards the end but it's more of a psychological thriller. It is quite gruesome though.
Yeah i liked it, very good twist right at the end, which i didnt see at all, and that was nothing to do with the fact i was totally lost ;)

Watched Shark Tale today, thought it was a lot better than reviewers had said . . .Some pretty funny moments :D

Anyone seen Bubba Ho-Tep? fucking brilliant stuff... instant cult classic. Bruce Campbell plays Elvis in a nursing home, battling a ancient mummy with an old black guy who thinks he's jfk.

i watched "going off big time" on channel 4 few nights ago. i ordered it on dvd immediately after

quality film and even stars a young peter kay and BOB HOPE OUT OF EMMERDALE

Saw The Forgotten earlier today. Was pleasently suprised. Good storyline and a few little twists. Worth a watch.

Man On Fire (Denzel Washington) - not a bad film, watchable.
Taking Lives (Angelina Jolie, Ethan Hawke) - shit, worst storyline ever.

Saw Blade:Trinity earlier today and have to say was very disappointed.

But not for the terrible acting, dodgy plot hole congested storyline or the ridiculous scriptwriting - it is afterall an action flick anyways.

No, what really got me wanting to wish the ground underneath my seat will swallow me in was the shameless display of product placement.

We saw it in I,Robot with the Audi's and the Air Nike Retros and now its Blade:Trinity turn with the iPod.

*****Brief spoilers ahead*****

Seriously though, the ipod was shamefully used during key scenes throughout the film. There was this whole scene where one of the main characters described how they like to use their ipod while killing their prey - it was blatantly irrelevant to the plot and it got worse where you see the gang doin the usual "getting kitted up to battle" then randomly Jessica Biel's character is shown to be relaxin' on her couch doing her playlist for her iPod using her iBook. It had, for me definitely, ruined the atmosphere of what was an ok movie.

1.5/5

Last edited:
Watched the Return of the King: Extended Edition at the weekend, it is immense!!! Such a fantastic movie and a fitting end to the trilogy. A must buy for anyone who like Lord of the Rings.

Milanista said:
Is it as action packed as Blade 2?
Soz 4 the late reply - it had a lot of action but Blade was a bit of a letdown compared to his scenes in 1 (I haven't seen Blade 2 but heard it lived up to No 1).

The main "bad guy", Dracula or "Drake," was completely anticlimatic to the potential he had from his first few scenes early in the film.

If anything, I thought Ryan Reynolds (a la Van Wilder) was quite funny in this. But it just seemed more of a spoof than anything else.

Also, another reason to watch it...........Jessica Biel :shock:

Finding Neverland, what a beautiful movie. Not for all of you Star Wars, Matrix etc fans though, because this actually is a good movie. Some amazing acting in this one.

Yep, I like it, totally fucked up... Although if you think Kids is fucked up you should see Clark's other film, Ken Park.

I have heard about his other films like bully but i am not going to watch them.

Kids is one of my favourite movies.
I remeber seeing this film at the young age of 13 on channel 4 and being shocked in what i saw. So i decided to buy the film and watch it properly because there were bits i missed.

Go and see Finding Neverland for fuck sake, that's acting, that's a good story. Blade 3, what the fuck are you guys smoking? You don't watch crap like that, you just don't. Here's a list:

Finding Neverland
21 Grams
Der Untergang
Mystic River
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Leaving Las Vegas
The Pianist
The Deerhunter
Big Lebowski
American History X
Festen
Cidade de Deus (City Of God)
Godfather 1 & 2
Scarface
Memento
Fargo
Taxi Driver
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Lost in Translation
Apocalypse Now
La Haine
The Idiots
Dancer in the Dark
Basketball Diaries
Serpico
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Goodfellas
Requiem For A Dream
Raging Bull
Amores Perros
Magnolia
American Beauty
Trainspotting
Stand By Me

I want to go and see that Napoleon Dynamite, had some great reviews.
I know nobody will go with me though, they'll want to see Blade or some other "tits and explosions" film.

Napoleon Dynamite is one of the funniest movies ive ever seen.

ANyway i just watched 2 classic movies based on Tenesee Williams plays- Cat on a hot tin roof and Sweet Bird of Youth. Both very good movies that are based on Tenesee Williams' own life. --- both had Paul Newman.

I also saw streetcar named desire by Tenesee WIlliams, the version with marlon brando .... pretty much changed movie making forever. Brando is a legend.

joostebrood said:
Go and see Finding Neverland for fuck sake, that's acting, that's a good story. Blade 3, what the fuck are you guys smoking? You don't watch crap like that, you just don't.
I'll give Finding Neverland a try actually. Re: Films like Blade 3, I think its healthy to have a bit of a variety when watching films. I like all these respectable films but sometimes watchin a good ol' no brainer (the stupider the better) can be a laugh sometimes especially when its got a prick like Vin Diesel on it :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom