Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Halo 3 announcement trailer on Live

Download speed really should be 512kbs minimum. Upload, as fast as you can get. 284kbs upload can host around 6 - 8 people

Cheers. I'm on 2MB down, 256kb up. I am going to upgarde hopefully to ADSLMax or ADSL2+

Moto GP Demo is fantastic!! didnt really like the others which were made by Namco to be honest but I do like this 1!!

Im hoping PES for 360 will have the improvements as Seabass said in his interview and that the graphics will be much more than a simple PS2 upgrade.

DJ

Can someone explain the battery issue. There are power packs that use batteries, then there are those that are rechargeable via a USB cable, is there any other way of charging?

I use AA rechargeable batteries...cost me £12 from ebay. The quick charge type (takes 1-2 hours) and the batteries last a long long time :)

I don't get to play much so still on my first set that came with the 360 :p - but I usually keep a spare charged up. Much better (and cheaper) than that plug and play thingy imo.

djdoc360 said:
Moto GP Demo is fantastic!! didnt really like the others which were made by Namco to be honest but I do like this 1!!

Different Moto GP games mate, the Moto GP on XB and now XB360 are made by Climax, and thus not on the Sony machine. Moto GP on the PS2 may of been Namco but I thought it was someone else.

Guys Ive just seen Gears of War on the 360 being played live on Gaemspot.

Oh...My...GOD! this game is simply amazing. I dont even like FPS but this has got me eager to play it. looks so much fun.

Happy Ive kept my machine, especially seeing as PES will be out for it first. Its still wrapped up though :p

Adonis said:
Guys Ive just seen Gears of War on the 360 being played live on Gaemspot.

Oh...My...GOD! this game is simply amazing. I dont even like FPS but this has got me eager to play it. looks so much fun.

Happy Ive kept my machine, especially seeing as PES will be out for it first. Its still wrapped up though :p

But GOW isn't a FPS :) Its a 3rd person shooter, and damn good one at that. This will be a big hit for the 360, without a doubt.

It will be one of my must buys I think :) GOW that is.

DJ

LemonJelly said:
But GOW isn't a FPS :) Its a 3rd person shooter, and damn good one at that. This will be a big hit for the 360, without a doubt.
Please explain how you can judge that it is a damn good game when it has not been released.

lol @ deftonesmx it looks good. give the guy a break.

DJ

fair point but the xbxo doesnt its just sony who dont keep to thier promisis,e3 is great on xbox get loads of stuff on live and see lots of games coming out soon

Thats what ive said all along about how bad Sony are for false promises, I got flamed :)

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Thats what ive said all along about how bad Sony are for false promises, I got flamed :)

DJ
Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as there is something wrong with me for saying that the DualShock III is nothing more than a rip-off of Nintendo and M$'s controllers. L2 and R2 being triggers = x360 controller rip-off. Having motion sensing = rip-off from the Wii.
20060512.jpg

Well GOW excites me becoz Ive actually seen the game being played, so I know exactly what to expect. unlike Killzone 2.

Regarding it being a 3rd person shooter, its an over the shoulder look with the actual action taking place reminding me loads of FPS.

In my eyes its a FPS game, even though I understand what you're saying.

Imo I call MGS 3rd person.

I think Sony could well be losing its grip on the best Console Title here. I think MS is in with a real shout if they can somehow win over the Jap market....

DJ

Wishful thinking but you never know.

They couldn't win the Jap market with Halo 2, their biggest Xbox game to date so it's all doubtful.

I think it's a little bit early to pick out a winner. Only one system is out.

If Microsoft can get more Japanese developers on their side, you never know. They need typical japanese RPGs on 360 and games such as Katamari that will appeal to the Asian audience. Halo, Gears of War, won't be enough.

im being a bit negative, but I really cant see a way Xbox 360 wil be any sort of success in Japan.

I think in Europe and America will be close, but I expect Sony to comfortably beat Microsoft in Japan. It will however be challenged strongly by the Wii.

Vegas looks EXCELLENT. Love some of the features in there, like targeting enemies for your team to take down :D

Can't wait for that!

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Sexy or what?

RockStar%20Complete%20117.jpg

Yea saw that on Xbox.com!

Want one now, it is sooooooooooooo nice

Console looks nice. Pads look crap.

Right ive had a 360 for about two months but uni work has stopped me doing much with it, but now im finished so im looking to start enjoying it!

I got Ghost Recon last week and completed it in three days, really good game!

What can i do with my 360? i havent got a HDD yet but i plan on getting one soon. Ive heard about streaming media from a pc onto my TV and such? Any info is appreciated :)

super mick mcarthy said:
Right ive had a 360 for about two months but uni work has stopped me doing much with it, but now im finished so im looking to start enjoying it!

I got Ghost Recon last week and completed it in three days, really good game!

What can i do with my 360? i havent got a HDD yet but i plan on getting one soon. Ive heard about streaming media from a pc onto my TV and such? Any info is appreciated :)
Ok it depends on what you want to stream, if its just music then your fine with a standard PC plugged into your network with the 360 and using Windows Media Connect which is a free download. If you wanna stream video im afraid its not as simple as that and you need a PC running Windows Media Centre Edition 2005 and you need to follow the configuration instructions that the 360 gives you.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom