Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Woah good stuff MS :) looks like Live is improving all the time.

DJ

Adonis said:
Ive not touched it as yet, just left it in the cupboard still wrapped up. Really unsure whether to keep it.
Get rid of it and buy a gaming computer so you can support devlopers who don't need to have their titles published by EA, feck consoles!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

As for the update to xbox live, yay!!! they integrated things my cell phone has been doing for years now :roll:

Yes, I already know I'm an ass :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Bit late now both games are out, I think they should have released them demos weeks ago before the games came out.....

DJ

-not for me. i havent bought neither, WC06 is delayed here because of technical difficulties by the importer it should arrive this week though.

A demos purpose is to convince someone to buy the full version of the game. It'll still do this regardless of when it is released, before or after the actual game

rockykabir said:
quick question:

Given the choice: GR:AW or Fight Night?

You want a quick answer to a question posted at Midnight?!

GRAW for me, every time

GR:AW I reckon. Depends if your a boxing fan or not...

DJ

GRAW it is then :)

I loved Fight Night but I played the demo to death - ao I think I'll go for sumthin different. There aren't that much that appeals to me atm - I was tempted to get FIFA ffs!

Any good games coming out soon?

Last edited:

rockykabir said:
Any good games coming out soon?

Wait until next week, there will be a ton of new content and release information coming out of E3.

FIFA WC aint too bad if you dont mind an arcadish Back to PES2 style game..

DJ

OK, STOP WITH THE FIFA TO PES thing, it's not similar at all, its a cross between ISS and Virtua Striker. It's pure arcade, unless everyone else got a different copy to me. You can score the odd decent goal, but really 90% of your goals come inside the box as you slot it past the keeper.

Holio said:
OK, STOP WITH THE FIFA TO PES thing, it's not similar at all, its a cross between ISS and Virtua Striker. It's pure arcade, unless everyone else got a different copy to me. You can score the odd decent goal, but really 90% of your goals come inside the box as you slot it past the keeper.

Bloody 'STEROID SUPER' keeepers.

The keeper make the game less enjoyable i feel.
We all want good keepers especially after WE10 butter fingers ones but in WE10 the keepers do make some amzing stops.

In Fifa they save at close range powerful, full blown strikes from some of the best players in the world.

Yet keepers hardly save the close shots slotted uder keepers????

Go figure.

Looks like Microsoft are selling a similar World Cup bundle in Europe as they did in Japan.

On Friday 12th May Microsoft are launching their World Cup bundle. Its a Xbox 360 CORE unit, Fifa World Cup '06, a limited edition green adidas football and a limited edition face plate. As far as I know its gonna be £260.

Total rip off considering the folks in Japan got all that but with the complete console (hard drive etc) for a little over £200.

Oh well, we should be used to getting shafted over here regarding console prices...

RuneEdge said:
And you woke up so early to post THAT?
LOL! ;)
Mmmmmmm..... Beofre school had to check a few things that I wanted to happen on BBC Sport:
-Rooney fit in 3 weeks
-McDonald McLaren to resign and Scolari/Hiddink to get the England job
-PS3 to be 299 pounds
-XBox360 price drop to 300 for premium

ashmufc said:
-XBox360 price drop to 300 for premium

It launched at £280, so it dropping to £300 is abit unlikely!

Xbox 360 HD DVD via USB, confirmed

Microsoft has officially revealed connectivity details about the Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on. The accessory will connect via a USB cable, utilizing the Xbox 360's high definition video output and digital surround sound support. Microsoft did not reveal a price, instead opting for the ole' marketing spiel: "With HD DVD, it is now becoming evident that the entire ecosystem ... is more economical than Blu-ray." Ecosystem? Word?

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/08/xbox-360-hd-dvd-via-usb-confirmed/

LOL

So I think everyone will need to upgrade theere AV cables with HDMI ones sooner or alter.

festa said:
Test Drive Unlimited playable demo will be available between 8th and 14th of May.

Correction...

'Test Drive Unlimited' Demo
"Is now on the Xbox Live Marketplace. This content is available in all Xbox Live regions."

just got the TDU demo and played it

it feels weird and the game appears "choppy" when driving, anyone else feel this?

Back
Top Bottom