Manchester City Thread

Wonder how bad Aguero`s injury is. Hope not too bad for you City fans BC even though he only seems tho score penalties nowadays Aguero is ten times the player Balotelli is.

Losing him against Arsenal is a blow but I wouldn't have expected him to play against Watford and we should be ok without him at home vs Fulham

Dzeko's first (i think it was his first: Aguëro-assist Silva - Dzeko) against Norwich was for me the best goal of 2013, and i haven't forgotten Zlatan's goal against England, but i rate team play goals (what an assist by Silva and the buil-up was fantastic) higher than those individual moments of genius.

Yea, was a nice goal. Quite similar to Johnson's goal there last season really.

My favourite City goal from 2012 (other than THAT goal) was Aguero's thunderbolt (again away at Norwich) after the one-two with Tevez

Mancini and Balotelli fighting today:

A_r_0XLCcAA8vco.jpg

Picture_305.png

article-0-16BCC66C000005DC-328_306x423.jpg

article-2256586-16BCC513000005DC-662_634x421.jpg

article-0-16BCC4D2000005DC-804_634x484.jpg

Wow..how that clown is still with City is ridiculous, purely based on what those of see from the outside. If it's true that he's still there because the sheikhs/owners "like him" as was reported, there is definitely something wrong with modern football.
But hey, maybe I am all wrong and perhaps it is Mancini who is to blame for this entire situation. :COAT:

Supposedly Mario made a bad challenge on Sinclair.

This kind of thing happens at every club. The problem City have is that the training ground is open. You won't see stuff like this when the new enclosed training facilities are built

Supposedly Mario made a bad challenge on Sinclair.

This kind of thing happens at every club. The problem City have is that the training ground is open. You won't see stuff like this when the new enclosed training facilities are built

That's partly true. Can you really see an Arsenal player grabbing Wenger? Or how quickly a United player that physically confronted Fergie would be gone?

Actually squaring up to your manager and physically touching them is very different from yelling crap, which I'm sure does happen alot.

Mancini would be stupid to ever play him...i think he would lost many guys respect...

he did similar with Tevez...City must realy pay a lot for manager to accept such behaviour with players...

some teams sack players after not arriving at time for training...this is another level though.

That's partly true. Can you really see an Arsenal player grabbing Wenger? Or how quickly a United player that physically confronted Fergie would be gone?

Actually squaring up to your manager and physically touching them is very different from yelling crap, which I'm sure does happen alot.

Looks to me like Mancini is the one initiating the physical confrontation.

But this is Mario and Mancini, they're like a married couple or father and son, I doubt Wenger or Ferguson have had such a relationship with a player before. Besides, Mancini may well get rid of Mario after this.

Anyway, maybe I'm weird but stuff like this doesn't bother me in the slightest. It just bores me.

Looks to me like Mancini is the one initiating the physical confrontation.

But this is Mario and Mancini, they're like a married couple or father and son, I doubt Wenger or Ferguson have had such a relationship with a player before. Besides, Mancini may well get rid of Mario after this.

Anyway, maybe I'm weird but stuff like this doesn't bother me in the slightest. It just bores me.

Seems to me that Mancini might be initiating the confrontation, but not the physical attack/intimidation component of it. Bit of a difference. It wouldn't bother me if I would just look at from the perspective of 2 wealthy clowns (let's face it, Mancini isn't a saint either) going at it for the sake of entertainment value. The media isn't totally without blame for blowing this all over the main sports pages, but it does make a club look pretty ridiculous. I would be upset about it from that perspective if I'd be a fan of City. Secondary could be the perhaps lame but true argument that these guys also serve as role models to the young and aspiring, it sends a wrong message to them if a guy can fuck up that much and continue to get away with it.

This happens everywhere.
I had a friend who played for Anderlecht, he told me that players are always more agressive on the training field than in matches (it's on the training field that you secire a starting place).

Once there are pictures it seems worse, but how often this doesn't happen without having pictures. How would you people react if this wasn't Balotelli/Mancini but Kompany/Mancini ?

This happens everywhere.
I had a friend who played for Anderlecht, he told me that players are always more agressive on the training field than in matches (it's on the training field that you secire a starting place).

Once there are pictures it seems worse, but how often this doesn't happen without having pictures. How would you people react if this wasn't Balotelli/Mancini but Kompany/Mancini ?

1. It wasn't Kompany and Mancini, and if it were my reaction would be more shocked than anything considering Kompanys solid reputation rather than the loose cannon called Balotelli. Would I be more forgiving if it had been Kompany? Probably, but that only drives home my point about this particular player.

2. I know and understand that tempers flare up in a competetive environment but to me that is still no excuse to get away with physical intimidation, especially towards your coach. If this should be considered a normal relationship between these 2 individuals I seriously wonder what that does to group harmony and overall respect for authority.

3. I would prefer not to be lumped in a group called "you people". Its offensive and I'm expressing my personal opinion.

4. Can't believe I end up spending so much thought on his thing. While entertaining from a rival`s perspective,this and past incincidents detract from the good of the game.

Last edited:
My post wasn't specifically directed at you dplane, so no need to be pissed of for "you people". You people are so easily offended (that was a joke, a bad one, but i just couldn't resist it). So apologies for the bad joke and if you feel offended. I never want to hurt other people.

Where i totally agree with you is your point 4.

Uncle Fergie has the solution: "Sometimes we get a photographer wandering over in the woods [near training] - but we can put wolves in there!"

Its all cool Gerd. Based on today's press conference at City they chose to downplay this as well so I'll just sit back and await the next episode of the Balotelli show. :BOP:

Seen Savage, Platt and Mancini having their dinner today. Never seen Sav with these 2 before..he's well snooping for gossip...

This happens everywhere.

I agree. Ibrahimovic is apparently king of bust ups because he always goes in hard. Same as Oguchi Onyewu.

From what I heard on the Italian radio, Balotelli went in hard on Sinclair, and Mancini tried to break the fight up between the two and tell Mario off.

Nice to see Lopes get a run out and a goal. He's got great potential.

Pity he didn't get on earlier tho. Sure he would have if we had got the 3rd earlier in the game.

A propos of nothing, just saw these stats:
Subbed on for 15 minutes against Reading
Subbed on for 8 minutes against Stoke
Subbed on for 16 minutes against Watford (FA Cup)

That's apparently how much game time Scott Sinclair has had in the past few months. And yes, if you're like me, City signed him this summer.

Just bizarre. Similar to Rodwell, though I understand Jack has more or less been injured all season. Sinclair could be playing every week at Swansea. Why would a young player do that?

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Sinclair a player who has a reputation as a club hopper ?
Either money is more important than a carreer planning or he overestimates himself.

Back
Top Bottom