Manchester City Thread

Complete embarrassment. Mancini has messed up the shape of the team with his experimentation and it has cost us big time. It may cost him his job when the season is over.

:LMAO:

my prediction went well!

190m worth of players and City cant put away a team that cost £2.8 million.

Mancini is out of his depth I have always said just look at us - we had to get quality manager in to win the CL.

If Mancini was to leave I'd want someone like Pep or Klopp, not Mourinho, -someone who'd encourage good football.

I wouldn't like to see City become a boring Mourinho era Chelsea.

I don't think Mancini is a bad manager - in fact, I think he's quite a good league manager and sometimes brings entertaining football. I just hate the guy and think he's fairly inexperienced with CL football. He always makes the same mistakes.

There was a really interesting discussion on either the Times Podcast or Football Weekly (can't recall) - where one of the connected Italian journos talked about Mancini's personality. Because he was pretty much awesome at football from his teens, he basically just doesn't believe he can fail or lose. He was apparently a really arrogant player, who would blame teammates when things didn't go well.

They then said that's translated into his management style. Nothing is ever his fault. He also apparently doesn't really do man-management. Just shows up with game plans before each match.

Anyway, it's obviously all hersay, but I've seen nothing to suggest City will win the CL with Mancini. Yes, he can win a league with the best squad, but he's not a manager that seems to 'get blood out of stones' with his players.

I've seen Mancini as a football player. He was absolutely great, and was fantastic with Vialli. I never saw him as an arrogant player...

I've seen Mancini as a football player. He was absolutely great, and was fantastic with Vialli. I never saw him as an arrogant player...

Oh he was awesome on the pitch - that was their point - it all came so naturally to him that he didn't gel well with underperforming teammates. Probably a bit like Roy Keane.

He wasn't the only who was awesome in that team beach, they played a CL final (which they lost with a Ronald Koeman free kick to Barcelona).
Besides Vialli they also had Vierchovod, Bonnetti, Toninho Cerezo (amazing Brazilian midfielder), GK Pagliuca, Katanec and the fantastic Lombardi...

No Stef, that final was in 1992, Clarence emerged 3 years later in 1995, the yead Ajax won the CL (could also have been 1996 when they lost the final).

But if you think that this guy played in 1995 or 1996 and is still playing for Botafogo now. What an amazing carreer he has got. That guy is been massively underrated, especially in Holland. A really nice guy too. Clarence is great.

He's also quite the business man and is very classy. In most of his interviews at Milan, he was wearing a suit or dressed very smart. He'd talk about economics and business, and also football. He's destined to be a manager or some sort of club delegate. I'd love him back at Milan and wouldn't be surprised to see him back.

Anyway, off topic. Sorry guys :)

Manchester City have announced the appointment of the Spaniard Txiki Begiristain as their new director of football.

The Premier League champions have appointed the 48-year-old, who has held the same position at Barcelona, as part of their plan to make the club the world leaders in developing and recruiting players.

Begiristain worked at Barcelona from 2008 to 2010 and City confirmed he would "take responsibility for supporting the first-team manager, Roberto Mancini, in first-team recruitment and operations".

City also confirmed Brian Marwood, currently the club's football administrator, would take on the role of managing director of the new City Football Academy when it opens at the start of the 2013-14 season.

He will be responsible for the recruitment, development, training and management of up to 400 players.

Both men will report to the chief executive, Ferran Soriano.

Begiristain, who played for Real Sociedad and Barcelona during his playing career, told the club's official website: "I am very pleased indeed to have been offered such an exciting opportunity.

"The progress and on field achievements at Manchester City are plain for all to see and I am honoured to have been asked to contribute to its future success.

"I am very much looking forward to working with Brian Marwood, Roberto Mancini and Ferran Soriano in continuing to build a football team and philosophy which will serve Manchester City well in the near and long-term future."

Soriano added: "Sustainability has always been central to Sheikh Mansour's investment in Manchester City Football Club.

"The long-term future of the football club is dependent upon our ability to recruit and develop young players all the way through to the first-team squad. The focus must be on both academy and first team and the close co-ordination between them.

"Given the scale and importance of this challenge, we want to commit our very best people to it. I am delighted that Brian Marwood will take leadership of the CFA initiative and I am equally very pleased to welcome an individual of Txiki Begiristain's calibre to the club.

"I have no doubt that together, and in support of Roberto Mancini and the wider football club, they will be a formidable team."

Marwood added: "The club's new football operations structure is a hallmark of our hard work to date and the two leadership roles are a necessity born of both success and ambition.

"Txiki and I have a shared philosophy when it comes to football operations and I very much look forward to the work that we will carry out together.

"The leadership of CFA allows me to take up an incredibly challenging role. We have a shared expectation that CFA will shape the footballing future of MCFC and as a result it is a role through which I feel I can make a major contribution to the club."

City were second in the table following the win over Swansea, one point behind Chelsea.

They look to be on their way out of the Champions League at the group stage for the second season running, though, as they have taken one point from their opening three games.

Everything City does will be looked as buying others` template for success. You can get the body, mind and strength ,but w/o the soul! It will be a race that never starts. I still think ManCity will lift the title at the end of the season.

You've been in poor form recently and yet your still picking up wins and sneaking victories.

sign of a great domestic side anyway.

Worst performance by the officials at eastlands for quite some time. 2 penalties and a goal is taking the piss.

Fucking wankers have all but knocked us out.

Robbed

Worst performance by the officials at eastlands for quite some time. 2 penalties and a goal is taking the piss.

Fucking wankers have all but knocked us out.

Robbed

Definitely a penalty on Toure, but you shouldn't even have had the free kick at the end - clear foul by Aguero in the buildup. No idea how the linesman missed it.

And let's be perfectly clear here - you're Manchester City, playing Ajax at home in the Champions League. Given the gap between the two squads you should not be relying on a 94th minute penalty to win.

If it was United all of us would be absolutely devastated with how piss poor our campaign had been.

155922_479938465373045_242859813_n.png

And you're whining about the referee...

Unlike most in here i rather like Man City, but Ajax geting 4/6 against Man City is a triumph for football.
Matherto's graph says it al.

But let's not delude ourselves. Now that Ajax has played Man City the enormous and unfair gap between Ajax and their English opponents is obvious for everybody. Last season Ajax played Man Utd and maybe next season they will play Arsenal or Spurs. In all those instances the gap is as unfair as with Man City, but in that case nobody will complain about it.

IMO Ajax is one of the biggest clubs in the world with a legacy that IMO not a single English club has (there is not a single English club that produced as much talented players as Ajax, not even Man United and Liverpool, let alone all the other English clubs), yet we all know that under current rules Ajax will never again win the CL and financial fair-play will not change that.

Man City support were terrible last night. lots of empty seats and they just sit there not singing.

Ajax were amazing on the field and off it.

and City fans shouldnt cry about refs, you were awarded a penalty that should never be given against Dortmund to keep your CL hopes alive.

and remember Nolan legit goal on Saturday which was dissalowed?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom