Manchester City Thread

City played like Chelsea of last year til about the 60th minute. No idea how it was still level at that stage. From then on out, it was open and could have ended with any score.

Not sure Kun Aguero should be saying this to the press though:
Aguero: If Madrid had been interested in me I'd be playing here. I had no choice but to join City.

wow cant believe he came out and said that :TUMBLE:

Ugh, we were utter gash today.

However, we still should have scored a few goals and should have had a penalty.

Stuttering start to the season but think we'll start to kick on from now on

Hart is a fantastic shotstopper, no doubt about it. As a complete goalkeeper he's still learning, still young but he certainly has a lot of talent.

Anyway, I reckon Dortmund will rue tonight, they should've won about 6-1 from what I can see. Dunno about the overall run of play but from the highlights it looks like they've basically had all the chances and not let you do anything at all bar one or two shots.

The penalty was utter bollocks. His arm was already like that, he didn't move it to block the ball and certainly couldn't move it quick enough to get out of the way. Ball to hand every day of the week.

Hart is a fantastic shotstopper, no doubt about it. As a complete goalkeeper he's still learning, still young but he certainly has a lot of talent.

Anyway, I reckon Dortmund will rue tonight, they should've won about 6-1 from what I can see. Dunno about the overall run of play but from the highlights it looks like they've basically had all the chances and not let you do anything at all bar one or two shots.

The penalty was utter bollocks. His arm was already like that, he didn't move it to block the ball and certainly couldn't move it quick enough to get out of the way. Ball to hand every day of the week.

6-1?

Considering City should have scored 4 in the first half (Aguero 2, Zab and Silva) maybe you should watch the full game

City shaded it in the first half (should really have been 4-3 at HT)but Dortmund played better overall and, if both teams took their chances, 7-5 to Dortmund would have been the result.

I agree that the penalty was harsh.

I watched every second of the full match.

Yes, City had a couple great chances as well like the Aguero 1-on-1 in first half which Weidenfeller nicely saved and the Silva miss.

Dortmund on the other hand had 6-7 great chances!

If it wasn't for some unusually bad finishing from Lewandowski and co. (what the fuck was he thinking, hitting that with his right-foot!) and Super-man performance from Joe Hart, they could've been beaten 6-2 at home! They were outplayed and outclassed and this 'draw' will feel like a defeat to BVB.

City and its players found out first hand, how different and how much tougher it is to play in CL than in the Premier League. Totally different class, technique and movement. They weren't ready for a team like Dortmund and have Joe Hart to thank for that point. The man was on steroids! :SHOCK:

Can't remember the last time a goalkeeper DOMINATED a match like this being Man Of the Match so easily!! Probably Javi Varas (Sevilla) vs. Barcelona last year. It was unreal!

Yes, Dortmund could have won 6-2 but on the other hand City could have won 4-1. Like I said, if both teams took their chances it would have ended 7-5 )or 7-4 if you don't count the pen) to Dortmund.

Hart definitely saved us tho from what should have been a defeat, we were abysmal in the 2nd half. Dortmund's pressing was phenomenal.

Man City dont like european competition do they??

will never win the CL with Mancini as manager, we found that out the hard way..

Wonder if the Sheikh liked what he saw in Klopp...could probably get him, Lewandoski, Goetze and Subotic at a discount if he bought all of em

Man City dont like european competition do they??

will never win the CL with Mancini as manager, we found that out the hard way..

early days for city in this comp as the uefa ranking shows, two v.difficult group stages against top opposition, i think any of the other 3 english teams would struggle.

meh plenty said the same kind of thing about Mancini and the PL.

He had 3 tries at it with Inter IIRC. Hardly enough to determine that he'll never win it. It took Fergie a fair few more tries than that. Also, plenty of worse managers have won and/or got to the final of the CL than Roberto -that other Roberto from dahn saff, for instance.

Anyway, back to normality today (hopefully!)

meh plenty said the same kind of thing about Mancini and the PL.

He had 3 tries at it with Inter IIRC. Hardly enough to determine that he'll never win it. It took Fergie a fair few more tries than that. Also, plenty of worse managers have won and/or got to the final of the CL than Roberto -that other Roberto from dahn saff, for instance.

Anyway, back to normality today (hopefully!)

True but Ferguson and Benitez didn't have unlimited funds for transfers.

City should be beating dortmund at home after spending a billion quid..

True but Ferguson and Benitez didn't have unlimited funds for transfers.

City should be beating dortmund at home after spending a billion quid..

Completely agree with that.
I have nothing against City, i even like their football from time to time, but as a neutral football fan (who is a fan of football in general before being fan of a club) it is good to see a "proper" football team dominate City.
Dortmund made the same mistake English are making now: spending way too much. They were virtually bankrupt and rebuilded with youth players and a fantastic coach. Now they are one of the most exciting teams to watch.

If iwas Mansour, i should try to get hold of Jurgen Klopp as manager.

City will probably give Mancini this and next year, before looking elsewhere for the Champions League. They'll go big for Mourinho im sure.

Mourinho will come if Ferguson is still active. He said that in an interview with a Portugese CNN journalist. He wants to compete against Ferguson who he considers the best manager ever (and he's right of course).

True and I didn't really think of SAF leaving but yeah he could be gone in 2 years, no one really knows how long he's going to stay.

True and I didn't really think of SAF leaving but yeah he could be gone in 2 years, no one really knows how long he's going to stay.

Obviously it helps when your bench options are all £30m players strikers, but gotta give credit where it's due - City have become the masters of the last minute goal.

Why they're leaving it that late against 'small' teams is a fair question, but a wins a win.

city still favourites for league in my opinion....

we havent seen how hazard and co will react to the cold winter nights at Stoke (to coin a certain pundit I know :D)

but City have been there done it as have Man Utd but I feel the Red Devil too weak in defence and midfield not good enough.

It's still better than Chelsea's and United's - in theory.

We'll see. IMO Manicini started changing things for the sake of changing them. He should just let City play to their strengths and they'll be fine.

Not sure about Natastic - he had rave reviews from Italy, but haven't seen him. He can't be worse than Savic!

I think City struggle with the year after-syndrome.
It's one thing to win the EPL, but another to do it the year after. The only team that can really cope with this is Man Utd.
That is the reason why i think Man City will not win it this year.

changing the subject a little how poor has balotelli been this season?

I hate the guy..people find him funny but I see him as an idiot. he is a loose canon and will blow one day.

We definitely haven't played as well so far this season as we did for most of last season (tho we were regaining that form against 'boro before the international break) but we are in actual fact 2 points better off than last year based on the comparative fixtures ...and, despite our defence being less solid, have conceded less goals also. Goal scoring is not as good but we've been without Aguero and Silva is only now finding his blistering form of last year (or was before he got injured)

Anyway, must win game tonight. A draw simply won't be good enough.

Hopefully Real can do us a favour as well!

I can see City pick up an easy win tonight. Ajax are desperately out of form and aren't their usual selves. Last weekend they were leading 1-3 against Heracles and they gave it away and the game ended 3-3. They're also aren't the best in finishing, their only striker, Sightorsson, is injured and now either Siem De Jong or Babel play as a striker. Their defence has been pretty bad since Vertonghen left, they're lacking a leader in defence.

Back
Top Bottom