Manchester City Thread

Manchester is mostly blue?

Myth. Unless you're specifically talking about the 'City of Manchester' - which would be akin to the City of London which contains 0 football teams.

City have always tried the 'local' club thing but the fact is that there are far more United supporters than City supporters in Greater Manchester. As you'd expect from a club that has been so dominant.

The Manchester Evening News tried to do a controversial poll earlier in the season by labelling on a map regions where there were more City fans - but they cleverly didn't include the actual figures in the chart - they called 3,000 people and had 2,000 United fans and 1,000 City fans.

How many City fans in Bermuda or everywhere else in the world? Not many i bet if Citeh become dominant for a few years they'l be a good few glory hunters swapping teams. ;) Can Citeh become the new United?

How many City fans in Bermuda or everywhere else in the world? Not many i bet if Citeh become dominant for a few years they'l be a good few glory hunters swapping teams. ;) Can Citeh become the new United?

Lots. Feed the Goat!

Lots of City glory hunters popping up in the US though. That said, I'd imagine they're just trading from the darker blue of Chelsea.

Congratulations for a well deserved title.
City not only won the title, but did it with good football most of the time (but let's be fair, with the money you could invest everything less than a title with good football was a failure)

They are all out celebrating while Man Yoo fans sit on the internet moaning about them spending money! :LMAO: Oh and Man City dont have millions of glory hunters following them...YET!

No. they are generaly not many city fans in this forum. this Thread even during the season wasnt as active mate

It was the Champions League I think.

Just like Chelsea though their a 'growing brand', I doubt they'll have those issues in 3-4 years.

Myth. Unless you're specifically talking about the 'City of Manchester' - which would be akin to the City of London which contains 0 football teams.

City have always tried the 'local' club thing but the fact is that there are far more United supporters than City supporters in Greater Manchester. As you'd expect from a club that has been so dominant.

Simply not true, this is an idea that's peddled by OOT's. "Yeah I support Man U, I live 6000000 miles away,but they still have more fans in Manchester than Citeh"
:FAIL:

not a single city fan here in evo web LMAO
Sorry, we've all been too busy being at matches to post on Evo Web during them....:SMUG:

Man city sign Maicon and Garcia....you should walk the league this year man Utd don't have the depth and too soon for Chelsea.

Where are city fan I would be interested in your view.

Walk the league? Disagree. Anyway...

Quite happy with the window.

-Richard Wright - 3rd choice replacement for Taylor
-Nastasic - Don't know much about him but he's supposed to be highly rated.
-Maicon - The best RB in the world a few years ago with bags of experience. Will help make the 3-5-2 more fluid. Not sure whether he can rediscover his previous form like Clichy has due to his age but 3-5m and his alleged paycut isn't bad business.
-Sinclair - Adds pace to the midfield which we have lacked. Young enough to improve. Time will tell
-Rodwell - Similar to Sinclair. Young with potential.

-(not confirmed yet)Javi Garcia - Haven't seen alot of him but he was impressive in Europe last year and will hopefully add more to CM than De Jong did. 16million a decent price.

We've also managed to get most of the deadwood out.

Want to thank De Jong for his service. Very good player and a great guy. Good luck at AC, DJ!

Very good end to the window :(( increased the quality/cover at the back, Sinclair/Rodwell are just cannon fodder replacing the ones that just left so neither here or their.

Very good end to the window :(( increased the quality/cover at the back, Sinclair/Rodwell are just cannon fodder replacing the ones that just left so neither here or their.

And Roque Santa Cruz remains a City player. FFS.

Is Maicon going to play as a wing back/wide player in the 352? He could be pretty handy at that. Can't see him being in the 3, that's for sure.

Also, Savic...taxi for one...

He's out of contract a the end of the season and we're never gonna get a few for him anyway so a loan is probably best for all 3 parties. If I was Malaga I wouldn't want to be stuck with him on anything over a 1 year contract

Anyway, City were very, very good today in the first half but worryingly we're looking complacent atm when we get into the lead. But a win is a win. Rodwell was impressive

Flukey last goal :LOL:

Haven't seen the full game as I was at work but saw the last 3 goals.

Gutted. Real probably deserved the win from the sound of things (radio) but we should have won. 2-1 up with a few minutes left and yet we lose? Doesn't matter who you are that should not happen.

Still, I expected us to lose by 2 or 3 goals before the game and would have been very happy with a point. I'm confident we'll get through the group.

City played like Chelsea of last year til about the 60th minute. No idea how it was still level at that stage. From then on out, it was open and could have ended with any score.

Not sure Kun Aguero should be saying this to the press though:
Aguero: If Madrid had been interested in me I'd be playing here. I had no choice but to join City.

City did cause problems for away game. No shame in that! This 1st stage playing for points w/ no away goals advantage is not as exciting...still all to play for.

Back
Top Bottom