Manchester City Thread

what a disgrace yesteday...

pellegrini = the biggest flop, joke of a coach;

i don't want to mention other long time flops this whole season, like kompany, demichelis, yaya, navas, clichy...

such a disgrace...

Clichy and Demichelis have had decent seasons. I don't know why Clichy is getting stick for the derby. He blocked Young's shot, it's not his fault the ball landed kindly for the diver. And I'd like to see all these pundits outjump/outmuscle Fellaini

I don't know how Pellegrini is still in the job. 8 defeats in 14. 8 defeats in four-fucking-teen!
Even if you point the finger at the likes of Yaya the manager is stilll not doing anything about it. It has been obvious for a good year that against anyone half decent Yaya is not capable of playing CM. He has always been lazy at times when it comes to defending but now it's more the fact he can't move that mountain of a body and it's become apparent even against the lesser sides too. But Pellegrini keeps him there instead of pushing him up behind Aguero. That's a failure of management, whichever way you look at it. Mancini would have pushed him forward permanently long ago.

Last edited:
I do think Liverpool could very well make life really difficult for MCity. The rumours is Patty will take over the remaining games after or before the weekend. I think its 20/80 he has no experience @this level. Also, MCity falling out of the top 4 :SHOCK: CL they might find it difficult to get back in, thanks to FFP.

What players will come in? Will Rafa finally return? Will MCity spend big again?
I want Aquero @Arsenal \0/ it's only fair.
Yaya-Nasri-Sagna are most likely gone .

Win our next 2 and we should have the confidence to go to Spurs and at least not get beat. If that happens we should be fine. Big if tho atm!

If we win all our games we might still get 2nd but that's an even bigger if.

Can't sack Pellegrini after a derby. Can't give them that satisfaction. Don't beat WHU tho and he has to go.

Fuck knows who will be manager next year. We're in a bit of a predicament because it's pretty clear that whoever is in charge, be it Pellegrini, Ancelotti, Rafa or Sabella, the plan is Guardiola in '16-17. Unless Txiki has got a promise from Pep to takeover in 14 months time the plan is a very, very risky one.

The day we sell Aguero to Arsenal is the day I bare my arse on evoweb!

Spurs usually shoot themselves in the foot at this stage regardless whose in their squad or helm. It's what they do towards the end - a guarantee coupon for 2-3pts. ;) WHU are making holiday plans @ this point and they would not want to get into Europe w/ their thin as it is squad. ManCity has very few players playing w/ desire while others look like they couldn't be arsed.

12 months ago we were brilliant but the warning signs about playing Toure in CM were still there against the top teams. A season on and he's even less mobile with even poorer stamina levels and the manager hasn't done anything about it.

Also, our best form this season was when most of our strikers were injured and we played a 'false 9'. It was working a treat but as soon as the strikers returned he reverted back to 2 strikers and we started getting exposed again.

Toure needs to be moved to 10 imo. Shift a more able runner into midfield. That's likely all you'd need tbh.

Plenty of creativity from Silva/Toure, use the FBs for pace and width, cover and solidity in MF:

--------------Hart-----------------
-Zabaleta--Komp---DeMechelis-Clichy--
---------Fernando squared-----------
--------------Milner----------------
---------Silva-----Toure------------
---------------Aguero---------------

Can't see it happening under MP's watch. And Kompany looks like he'll be out until the last game which is going to make staying in the CL all the more difficult, despite his poor form. Something has to change tho because we need a midfield revolution in the summer and no CL would make that very difficult

Citys form has been shocking recently
Although they did start as the better team vs utd but just lost it after going down 2-1

For me Yaya Toure has been disapointing

Stats were kinda weird in the utd match because Yaya was 5th in the player covered the most distance but it didnt look that way he was just going round in circles not doing anything with purpose

They seem to be afraid to put Toure on the bench when hes not in form
maybe give him a small rest and see

They shouldn't have used Kompany it was pretty clear that he was not right and now he's got an injury

Citys biggest problem is that if they do want to let go of certain players they're not going to get huge money for because quite a few are getting on

I was leaning more towards Frank de Boer myself but with Klopp I'd at least be able to watch our press conferences again if he does join. Stopped watching them ages ago :ZZZ:

If Klopp comes to Manchester City; i predict a major squad overhaul...Klopp is big on work ethos...not the strongest point of the current City squad. Klopp and Nasri for example...

Klopp would be a huge coup. Doesn't seem like a fit for his personality/ethos, but hey, he needs a new job and most of the historically significant clubs don't need a new manager.

But, would mean a disaster aside, City couldn't get Pep next year - which is clearly the plan.

If we don't grab Klopp Pep must have already agreed to take over in 12 months.

'Waiting for Guardot' without a promise is asking for trouble

Would he still want to come? A bit of catch-22 for the club, they wont want to spend huge amounts to replace players for an interim manager, while waiting another season could be a big issue with the current squad and make it less desirable to join. Squad overhaul needed without the cash to do it.

:LOL:
banhammer_forecast.gif

Hope he is ok tho. Gone to hospital :(

https://vine.co/v/ez9M1t5xUru

Last edited:
I`d like to see ya win today ,but it has to be entertaining ...watching boxing last night I understood - EVERYTHING is about defensive :ZZZ:

It's embarrassing for this country that he isn't in the Team of the Year and POTY shortlist.
Same with Silva. How Coutinho was chosen above him in the TOTY is a joke

Anyway, top 3 should be secured now. Can't see Utd getting 9 pts and we should beat QPR

You're going to buy Bale this summer.

Cleared of any FFP penalties, and then Bale puts hte for sale sign up on the same day. Makes so much sense.

Would love to see Silva feeding Bale but I don't see it happening. We haven't been linked and looking at our reported midfield targets it's far more likely he'll be at Utd next year if he leaves Real.

Pogba would cost at least 50-60m so the likelihood of spending that kind of money twice is slim at best

Last edited:
Dat save
https://vine.co/v/eA7wAvrBnzO
:BEBO: Can't recall a better save this season.
Back to his best this year

Good win today and nice to see Bony grab another goal. Pity Utd couldn't hold on against Arse as 2nd would be wrapped up now and we might have seen a couple of kids against Soton.

Downside of today is that Demi and Mangala looked dodgy again after a few decent games. And Yaya's goals are a reminder of what we must replace next season.
Aguero 25 (0.95 goals per game)
Silva 12 (0.45 goals a game)
Toure 10 (0.40 goals a game)

are the only players in double figures in the PL. Bony is going to be on the bench quite a bit still so we're gonna need more from midfield next year

Back
Top Bottom