Manchester City Thread

Barca, be afraid, very afraid!

Can't believe he had Dzeko basically playing a number 10 role. That's worse than using Fellaini there.
We have one of if not the best 10 in the world in Silva and he shunts him out on the left. And then he takes him and Yaya, our best 2 passers, and goal threats, off when we need 2 goals. He should have subbed Dzeko for Nasri at HT at least.

He's already sacked himself. Won't be here next season. Wouldn't be surprised if Kidd and Vieira are in charge come WBA after Messi n co bum us midweek

as a neutral viewer, both silva and toure were so bad yesterday. they should get subbed before other players.

toure and kompany are awful all season long, yesterday with toure it seemed like one less player on the field. he's playing atm like 41y old guy, not like someone who is 31y.

all 11 players, including subs were totally afwul. but it's pellegrini's fault.

Doesn't matter. You don't take off Yaya and/or Silva when needing a goal.

Btw, tell your manager to stfu!

Last edited:
Man City have so many average players strolling around - it's not just the manager's fault.

This is what happens when you keep throwing money at players hoping it sticks. City players are nothing but mercenaries bar one or two of them.

Yaya Toure is a joke, turns up when he can be bothered.

It's easy to always blame Audrey Roberts but he's got a tough job of managing that gang of overpaid, lazy so-and-so's

City have a lot of troubles now, nowhere near a title or CL winning side.

At least one of our players has silverware this year
CAKHlcqWYAAiDx8.jpg:large

I think Barca could start to sub off their best. MC needs to throw everything at them :SNACK:
I haven`t seen Sagna start all year (a) big ask to stick it to Neymar.

Nasri can fuck off for that kick on Neymar.
Wasn't bothered by him doing the same against Moscow in the 90th min but doing it so early in the game at the Nou Camp amounts to an attempt to throw the game.

That is a disgrace to his teammates, the club staff and the fans who went over there.

On top of that Nasri couldn't be arsed to run after Rakitic for the first goal. They both starte just outside the Barcelona box. Rakiticran 80 meters and in the end Nasri was 30 meters behind. Very talenten player but wrong mentality.

Hart has saved City from a truly embarrassing result tbf. Could have been at least 5.

Hart has kept that respectable. 10/10 for him.

Needed that pen to make it interesting.

Good luck to Barca. Messi is something else...

Well, can Hart be an honorary entrant in the next round of the competition? Top display, shame about Aguero's penalty though. That woulda made it interesting.

Hart should move to Spain, feel like he's MOTM every time he faces Spanish opposition! He was outstanding tonight, and probably kept Pelligrini in a job.

Whoever is manager next season we're going to need a mini overhaul, esp. in midfield.

We need to be targeting the likes of Schneiderlin, Pogba, De Bruyne, Bale, Dybala. and seriously thinking of selling Caballero, Kolarov, Sagna, Fernando, Navas, Nasri, Yaya, Jovetic, Dzeko. Nasri and Yaya are the only ones that give me second thoughts. Nasri would be a good sub and with the right players around him Yaya can still be a superb player, in the PL at least.

Do you mean that City will need to buy all the players you mention in that last post ?
Thatis impossible, even for City.

Also think that in that case next season will be asecond of transition. From all these players i obviously know De Bruyne best. He is a player who Neede a couple of months to adjust.

I'm also pretty sure he will stay with Wolfsburg next season.

that doesn't make sense at all... some of those average players were brought by pellegrini... so it's his fault.

Lots of players before he arrived are strolling about.

I don't rate Audrey Roberts either, he's not a top calibre manager. But it's not all his fault - too many bang average players at Man City considering they have more money than God.

Whoever is manager next season we're going to need a mini overhaul, esp. in midfield.

We need to be targeting the likes of Schneiderlin, Pogba, De Bruyne, Bale, Dybala. and seriously thinking of selling Caballero, Kolarov, Sagna, Fernando, Navas, Nasri, Yaya, Jovetic, Dzeko. Nasri and Yaya are the only ones that give me second thoughts. Nasri would be a good sub and with the right players around him Yaya can still be a superb player, in the PL at least.

If you could potentially swap Jovetic and Yaya Touré for Pogba, and Dzecko (and money) for De Bruyne you might be able to do it within the bounds of FFP. All 3 of those players (leaving) are good players, but with the exception of Yaya Touré they are squad players rather than starters, and even then Pogba would be a like for like replacement for Touré. I probably wouldn't sell both of Sagna and Kolarov as that would mean a lot of turnover in terms of full backs. I don't think Kolarov would be on that much in terms of wages (he was signed from Lazio), he seems reasonably happy as a squad player so I'd keep him as that. I'd ship out Navas as you might still get reasonable money for him and I don't think he is that suited to the PL.

Seeing Tevez play very well last night, I do get the feeling that maybe you should have tried to keep him. If Pellegrini wants to play two upfront (which he sometimes does) it might be possible with to pressuring strikers (like Tevez and to a lesser extent Aguero) but not with someone like say Bony, Dzecko or even Silva in a 5 man midfield - against a team like Barcelona there just wouldn't be enough pressure on their defence.

City cant go out and spunk billions of quid again. FFP won't let them.

The teams in the best positions for investment are us and Man Utd moving forwards. We have the huge attendances and fans worldwide to allow us to spend what we want.

Our problem is that we WONT spend loads to catch up. Man Utd will though :(

Lots of players before he arrived are strolling about.

I don't rate Audrey Roberts either, he's not a top calibre manager. But it's not all his fault - too many bang average players at Man City considering they have more money than God.

but he brought some average players for big, big money, so it is his fault.

and team is playing bad. and when team is playing bad, all blame is on manager.

Back
Top Bottom