Manchester City Thread

Good day of football today. A 5-0 win with players looking on form, Chelsea dropping pts, Malaga beating Barca and Utd losing is always worth a smile :P

Only slight downer is Bony not scoring.

Gonna be extremely tough on Tues, despite Barca losing their amazing run today.

B-eppmWCYAAbqA2.png

Depressing!

Knockout rounds of the Champions League against Barcelona and you could hear a pin drop at the Etihad!

Probably one of the worst atmospheres in England, really shocking - any other ground would be rocking with Barca coming to town tonight.

I tell ya what ,Suarez misses the UK :) familiar surrounding . ManCity aren`t playing bad they just can`t get the ball into a threatening position in the box. (2) Strikers? not enough coverage in the midddle then, I see what Pellgrini`s thinking was. I don`t watch alot of Barca like I would like ,but I never seen such a wide open Barca before ,yes their counter attack is mouth watering atm. It was Suarez`s individualism his desire is greater than any others on the pitch. I hope City wins ,but Suarez is a loose beast on the prowl. Dzecko needs subbing for Bony!

Ouch. City just haven't learned how to handle Europe.

No way are they going to the Camp Nou and keeping Barca from scoring, plus they have to score 2 goals themselves.

Watched the youth team get through to the QF and was looking forward to the game all day but smashed my glass when I saw the team selection. How mentally deficient do you have to be to go with 2 strikers and a midfield without Fernandinho against Barca?

Barca are a better team than us but no way is the gulf as big as we saw in the 1st half. I cannot believe he repeated the same fuck up we saw against Bayern last year. We were lucky it was only 2 at HT. He basically sent us out there after breaking our legs. Prick.

The 2nd half slight improvement was solely down to the will of the players and probably Barca being content.

We have 0.1% chance of going through now with Messi's merciful miss instead of 0% but I do not have 1 iota of confidence that Pellegrini will do a Chelsea at the Nou Camp. His only strategy is 'attack!'

--------------

Can we go through for scoring the best goal of the night?
https://vine.co/v/OQYxiz2l3ZE
Shades of QPR

Last edited:
ManCity had some open chances . Suarez 2nd gol was crazy , Alba pass it into a cloud of blue while Suarez burst out like a great white shark no pun intended, and scored. I know there's a 'Clasicó ' brewing for the 2nd leg on 23/3/15 .

With this squad, Manchester City will never win the CL.
Missing Touré is a huge loss, but if you look at the money they spend in the past years, this can never be an excuse. They should have got decent back-up by now. Fernando-Fernandinho aren't good enough and Milner is doing a great job, but not good enough against the best European clubs like Barcelona (and there are currently better teams imo).

But the biggst problem lies at the back. Yesterday Hart had a very good match (he is a joy to watch, he is one of the football players who seems to enjoy playing football most of all...seems a genuinely very nice guy), but he is also prone to errors regularly. Kompany made big mistakes for both Barcelona goals. I've been saying for years that he is overrated. An error by him meant elimination from the WC and sometimes he plays with a carelessness that is unacceptable.

As a huge club you are in trouble when your best defender is Di Michelis.

Stupid second yellow for Clichy too...

It's over and out for City i'm afraid. Would be a huge surprise if they could qualify in Barcelona.

With this squad, Manchester City will never win the CL.
Missing Touré is a huge loss, but if you look at the money they spend in the past years, this can never be an excuse. They should have got decent back-up by now. Fernando-Fernandinho aren't good enough and Milner is doing a great job, but not good enough against the best European clubs like Barcelona (and there are currently better teams imo).

But the biggst problem lies at the back. Yesterday Hart had a very good match (he is a joy to watch, he is one of the football players who seems to enjoy playing football most of all...seems a genuinely very nice guy), but he is also prone to errors regularly. Kompany made big mistakes for both Barcelona goals. I've been saying for years that he is overrated. An error by him meant elimination from the WC and sometimes he plays with a carelessness that is unacceptable.

As a huge club you are in trouble when your best defender is Di Michelis.

Stupid second yellow for Clichy too...

It's over and out for City i'm afraid. Would be a huge surprise if they could qualify in Barcelona.

fully agree with you with every sentence.

Oh and while i am at it...

This City rarely looks a real TEAM. A bunch of individualities, but rarely a team (cfr. also PSG). The much maligned Chelsea is more of a team (but i don't think they have a chance to win the CL either).

An example of a real team that plays with superb team spirit ? Atletico Madrid.

Gerald, Man City aren't a huge club though, nowhere near the stature of arsenal, Liverpool or Manu worldwide.

Last edited:
To win the CL has nothing to do w/ the squad sheet on the day. Its making the right decisions and belief that gets a team through. The spirit of a team imo is so much more vital. ManCity might not had belief last night and any errors will be exploited . I`ve seen Arsenal`s best squad come short , then you see some teams get very close for spirit . AM has that belief and cholo is that reason.

lol at Suarez. He probably thought about it but doesn't look a bite

On the subject of team spirit at City, there's nothing wrong with the team spirit. You don't fight back for 2 titles and score so many late goals as well as dominate and come back into games when down to 10 men with a poor team spirit.

The main problem is how we set up against the few teams who can out possess us. Instead of being smart, dropping deep and swamping the midfield, like Atletico do, Pellegrini deludes himself into thinking we can still dominate possession. Even Real tend to drop deep vs Barca, why are we thinking we can dominate Bayern and Barca, even at home, esp with 2 forwards, a system no top european team has played since the 90's?

CM recruitment has been poor since we signed Yaya, in fact our recruitment hasn't been great since we signed Aguero, but that's no excuse for the manager. We had to play Barca on the counter like pretty much every other team that has beaten Barca. We have more than enough to do what Malaga did and a rather poor Chelsea did. You do not need a top player in every position if your tactics are smart. Pellegrini was dumb last night, again.

Last edited:
Watched the youth team get through to the QF and was looking forward to the game all day but smashed my glass when I saw the team selection. How mentally deficient do you have to be to go with 2 strikers and a midfield without Fernandinho against Barca?

Barca are a better team than us but no way is the gulf as big as we saw in the 1st half. I cannot believe he repeated the same fuck up we saw against Bayern last year. We were lucky it was only 2 at HT. He basically sent us out there after breaking our legs. Prick.

The 2nd half slight improvement was solely down to the will of the players and probably Barca being content.

We have 0.1% chance of going through now with Messi's merciful miss instead of 0% but I do not have 1 iota of confidence that Pellegrini will do a Chelsea at the Nou Camp. His only strategy is 'attack!'

--------------

Can we go through for scoring the best goal of the night?
https://vine.co/v/OQYxiz2l3ZE
Shades of QPR
Pellegrini has no idea how to play these types of matches. He is a great manager for leagues, but awful for this strategic matches. When he coached my team (River Plate) he had the best squad in America, he should have won both the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana. He wasn't even close on the Libertadores and on the other he lost it to a mediocre team from Pero in the final.

What a pass from Silva when Aguero hit the post. And what an Aguero pass for Dzeko's goal.
Fantastic Coutinho pass too.

What a pass from Silva when Aguero hit the post. And what an Aguero pass for Dzeko's goal.
Fantastic Coutinho pass too.

Kompany is finished at the highest level.

Man City are a very poor team this season. I fancy us to get 2nd now and City 3rd, Liverpool 4th, ManU 5th

We are better than City. You're team consists of loads of mercenaries who can't be bothered and are managed by Audrey Roberts.

Mandala couldn't defend his side of the bed, Kompany is finished, Nasri is a wet lettuce and Joe Hart is the most overrated keeper in world football.

The only player I would want is Aguero and he will be off to Real Madrid in summer, he is too good for a team that won't ever win the CL.

He is right though, the players play like they are at work and their collectives skills should win the game. Did any player actually looked bothered today? And i'm not some Sherwood idiot who needs to see "pashun", but was there enough effort?

Thanks Tik.

Godotelli is hurting right now and rightly so, I would be too - the laughing smilies don't hide that.

City need many new players but their issue is FFP now, they simply are not allowed to throw the oil money around anymore.

They are a team rapidly declining. They need a new GK, left back, probably 2 centre backs, at least one midfielder, winger and striker if Aguero leaves.

Back
Top Bottom