Manchester City Thread

123 - #MCFC have taken 123 corners in the Premier League since they last scored from one. Evasive.

I think the last one was Demichelis away at Arsenal. Fecking ages ago.

We are the 2nd worst in all the league in terms of scoring off set pieces as a whole too. Chelsea are top on 11.

B7Bs1CKCAAA7yZu.png

Thanks for your feedback about Nastasic.

Horst Heldt told something about the transfer. There is no loan fee (which was rumoured to be 2.000.000€). We will just pay his salaray for the rest of the season, which should be about 2.400.000€. The buying option was rumoured to be about 13.000.000€ but today german media is reporting it is only 9.500.000€.

Bony is a done deal. Very good signing by City.

Meanwhile, Arsenal are monotoring some French unknown player in Ligue 2. Wenger's "10 year plan".

Arsenal supposedly are gonna transfer Polish midfielder Bielik (the deal is as good as done). Bielik is supposed to be the new Viera.

Source: Talksport.

Pity we won't see him for another month in all likelihood.

Looking forward to it tho. Always looked good against us and his goal vs QPR was quality. If you take pens out of the equation he has a goal record this year as good as Falcao in his best season in la liga. Time will tell whether he manages the step up but he's a goalscorer and should get many more chances playing with the likes of Silva, Yaya, Nasri

Arsenal supposedly are gonna transfer Polish midfielder Bielik (the deal is as good as done). Bielik is supposed to be the new Viera.

Source: Talksport.

Talksport are the UK's radio equivelent of The Sun newspaper. They spout nonsense.

Not saying it wont happen though - next Vieria you say? We've heard that before (Diaby)

The deal is almost complete. It's not just Talksport reporting it.

Diaby would've been immense if he wasn't so injury prone.

100k per week plus 20k for every appearance ? No wonder why we ended our interest in him as soon as we discussed contract expectations.

You chose instead to give that money to Lambert and Balotelli... lol

It makes me laugh when Liverpool fans criticise other team's signings. Out of all the Premier League sides, they have wasted millions upon millions on really average players since the 90s! Robbie Keane, Mingolet, that dude with the blonde pony tail, Downing, Andy Carroll, Balotelli, Lambert, Skrtel, Pennant, etc etc I could go on and on.

Just in addition if someone is interested in the Nastasic deal. The buying option (9.500.000€) is automatically triggered when Nastasic plays 7 games in the Bundesliga (each at least 45 minutes).

Yup. He played in the test game today and did a pretty good job. Kirchhoff told he was already giving commands in german.

City EDS are awesome. Just beat Shalke 5-1 in 1st leg of the CL. :COOL:

Don't think Arsenal will be quite so straight forward tho. Infact I think it's their best chance for quite a while of beating us today. No Yaya and no Nasri means our possession game will be nothing like it normally is. Counter attack may be our best chance.

Nice dive by Monreal. Can't complain about the result tho, Arsenal fully deserving of the victory.
Without Nasri and Yaya all Arsenal had to do was cut off the supply to Silva, a very unimaginative supply from 2 uncreative DMs.
Injuries, absentees and lack of match fitness to our best players finally caught up with us. Could see this result coming a mile off.
Cannot get beat at Stamford Bridge now. Need to win really.

Can't believe how poor we've been from set pieces this season. Most other teams would have scored at least 1 today from all the corners we had. Must have been close to 20

Last edited:
Thank you Arsenal.

:JAY::CRY:

@Godotelli
it`s just one of those days where everything went well for Arsenal and nothing did for ManCity. I must admit those crosses from corners and open play was school boy stuff. Navas`s kick and hope should of been abandon after the 20th attempt. Milner should be embarrassed by the wee defender 'Hectico' he`s been off the bitty since the summer.

I wonder if the MC supporters left with the chant 'Santi Cazorla' on their minds. They`ll probably will be singing it tomorrow incautiously lil` :bebo:

140 corners since we last scored from one :SHAKE:

Last one may have been at the Emirate, in fact.

We've also conceded 4 goals from set pieces in our last 3 games...

All what the media wants us to remember ,is that Arsenal lost 6-3 last season lol. The conceding of corners is a weakness or a strength of a team. I think the top 6 are normally the weaker at set pieces.

Mike whistles whatever he wants, he had the whistle in his mouth after Kompany brought down Alexis . I love how the MOTD2 panel was talking about professional diving lol they were bother for Monreal going down easy and bother for Aluko not going down easy.

I was sat too far away to judge in real time, but having seen it again, I think it was a pen. Very naive challenge for Vince to make - he had a poor game tbh.

Definite penalty. And city get their fair share of dodgy decisions every season so they can't complain or they are just being hypocrites.

Back
Top Bottom