Manchester City Thread

Man, that is some seriously kind play from Bayern. 2 gifts, 2 goals.

That said, my lord the commentary. Some of the UK journalists are so far up his a$$ - the third goal was, apparently:
"Brilliant run, determination, balance, poise, finish"

He was given the ball 12 feet from goal, one on one with the keeper? He had to 'run' about 3 feet?!

And the win was down to the 'assurance of Lampard in the middle'. Wait, what?!

(yes I'm extremely jealous how nice journalists are to City in the UK, given how they treat United)

Last edited:
I can still remember how 'Heroic City bow down to Barcelona' while 'Arsenal embarrased by Bayern' last season...

It goes to show you that if you build the nicest press room, give the best press buffets (apparently Chelsea's rival them though) and give the best press freebies you'll get better press coverage. And if you treat journalists as the click-baiting, lie-pushing scum they are (cough - Fergie - cough) then they reciprocate.

Who'd of thought the third estate could be so easily swayed by such things? ;)

3 pathetic posts. All fans think the press gives their team a harder time than other teams. We can all point to bitter and biased reporters and pundits out there. To say City get treated better than other teams by the press takes some doing.

You really are Victor Meldrew, Beach. Utd had good press from a late rally in the derby recently. The fact that the score should have been 4 or 5-0 at that point was largely overlooked...

As for the goals. Aguero's touches to get him into the position to slot away were perfect. He DID show balance, poise etc. He's an unbelievable player. The best striker on the planet.

Anyway, we needed the win regardless of performance. Hopefully that will kickstart us in the CL. Fingers crossed Silva will be back for Rome. He's our main man.

Last edited:
Aguero is the third best player in the world for me just ahead of Robben. The guy is immense and the only reason why I tune into Man City games.

In before Godo's gloating.

Fair play to City to not panic when going down to 10. Lampard really is a legend... Strangely enough I like him more when he s playing for City rather than Chelski's dirty bunch. :BORED:

Very alarming the many decision against You lots! Utterly disgusting Aquero is a model professional and his attitude towards an injustice call is strange , but welcoming . ManCity have class player :)

Missed the game (twitter feed on a phone doesn't count) as I was at my niece's naming day ...but I gather Aguero got booked for a ''stonewall'' pen.

Gonna watch it now. Great result. Would have taken a draw at Soton but to beat them by 3 is very nice considering we're in ''crisis'' :SMUG:

City's 13/14 annual report is out. A few snippets:

£347m Revenue for 13/14 season, up from £272m

£23m loss, £16.2m of which is the FFP fine

Wage bill was down to 200m, no longer highest in the PL.

Net assets over £572m

All season tickets for the stadium development sold.

Academy players taking GCSEs 10 pts higher than national average.

180 academy players, 75% from Greater Manchester.

Most of the academy teams won the league for their age group.

As far as FFP is concerned it means we should have passed it easily with a cushion of around £20-30m, with UEFA's fine not counting towards limit as well as stadium development, academy development and asset depreciation all being subtracted. This means all UEFA sanctions will be lifted at the end of the season.

So, all in all, good news. Hopefully we finally get some points tonight at the Stadium of Light. Can't remember the last time we didn't lose 1-0...

Please don't play Boyata :PRAY:

Last edited:
article-2859487-23B6257F00000578-461_308x284.jpg

[BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBO]

Barca, even if the transfer embargo is overturned, couldn't afford him without losing Messi. It'd take a world record fee to even make Txiki pick up the phone.

PSG interest would be of no concern.

Prepare for many more unhappy times then :SMUG:

Do you really want us to sell him tho? We could buy Lamela, Chadli, Paulinho, Lovren, Can and Balotelli for that kind of money. ;)

Do you really want us to sell him tho? We could buy Lamela, Chadli, Paulinho, Lovren, Can and Balotelli for that kind of money. ;)

Lol well played. That would strike the fear into the hearts of all the other teams. Imagine a team that would have all those players.. They d walk the league *shudders* :COOL:

:LOL:
Wenger never bought too many at once during the exodus .Everytime our star players left , every season lol Wenger takes off the shelf and never replenishes .

Aguero fit puts City above others ... What a player he's become this season 19 goals !

Eh? I know he doesn't play for Chelsea and wasn't born in Belgium but Hart has been very good this season.

Kompany and Demi have been fine. The problem at the back has been a slightly below par Zaba, Mangala not being comfortable with the PL yet and Clichy needing a run of games to find his form, which he definitely has done now.

The other problem has been CM with 'dinho looking a shadow of himself and Yaya going through the motions. Fern has been back to last season's standards in the last 2 and Yaya is getting better each game.

Bayern and QPR were Aguero shows but the last 2 performances have been decent team performances, particularly last night - which was also a very good tactical display by Pellegrini. He showed Chelsea how to pull apart a packed defence with width and Jov and Kun giving their CBs no-one to mark .

Last edited:
Seko Fofana starts for Fulham tonight on Sky Sports.

Been an excellent player for our EDS, a real powerhouse. Will watch with interest

Nope. He was in tears tho and it's a ligament issue :CRY:

So unlucky. It's not the same muscle inuries he was plagued with last year which I guess is good news (in a way) but ligament injuries can be a long lay off

:OppositeOfBEBO:

If Bayern beat CSKA a score draw will be enough to go through

If Silva and Kompany are back I'll feel more confident. Going there without our entire outfield spine of Kompany, Yaya (suspended), Silva and Aguero would be catastrophic

Either way, chance for Dzeko or Jovetic to step up

Back
Top Bottom