Manchester City Thread

Just watched MOTD from yesterday. What a tool Alan Shearer is. We had 70% possession, making nearly 800 passes and had the 2nd highest pass completion rate in all of europe and what does Shearer do? He picks out like 4 misplaced passes.

Meanwhile he praises Henderson for running about and ignores the brilliance of Silva - indicative of why England are shite at international level.

I don't think it was an excellent team performance from us but to pick out a few misplaced passes and call that 'analysis' is just... wtf? Even Jamie Redknapp can do better than that. BBC really is a joke in comparison to Sky

Neville is my favourite analyst .

Yea, hated him as a player but he's a superb pundit. He's Utd through and through but he's very objective. Only thing I question is his stance on diving. He's also a good co-commentator.

Him, Carragher and Souness are the best pundits imo

phil neville was gettin hard over silva on motd2, shearer always talks shit, a great finisher for newcastle but TV gotta go on mute when he talkin..

Wow, Aguero citys highest scoring player in Prem History:

Via Twitter: A special thanks to my teammates and City's fans. It's a pride to become City's record goalscorer in Premier League history.

Top, top player!! Salute!

A goal every 59mins so far this season :COOL:

He is special. :WORSHIP:

He can reach CRonaldo/Messi amount of goals if he gets over the niggling injuries.

Last edited:
A goal every 59mins so far this season :COOL:

He is special. :WORSHIP:

He can reach CRonaldo/Messi amount of goals if he gets over the niggling injuries.

you mean for the season or career?

he'd need some run to get CRonaldo # goals, but he is a machine like player who rarely gets injured, but Sergio has age on his side in that battle

Messi has struggled with injury also but again is difficult to emulate...

Aguero already one of best in The Prem (ever) once city get to grips with CL football he could be mentioned in same convo as Messi and CRonaldo.

For each season from now.

His GPM since the start of last season (PL and CL) is a goal every 78 mins and that involves him not being match fit a lot of the time.

He can easily match the amount of league goals Ronaldo gets. CL is obviously dependant upon the team getting further for total goals but he did have a record of 1.26 goals a game in the CL last season (CRonaldo = 1.54) but then with the seeding CR probably had easier games. Also Kun clearly wasn't fit at the Nou Camp.

For each season from now.

His GPM since the start of last season (PL and CL) is a goal every 78 mins and that involves him not being match fit a lot of the time.

He can easily match the amount of league goals Ronaldo gets. CL is obviously dependant upon the team getting further for total goals but he did have a record of 1.26 goals a game in the CL last season (CRonaldo = 1.54) but then with the seeding CR probably had easier games. Also Kun clearly wasn't fit at the Nou Camp.

its an unfair/unnecessary comparison tho, Ronaldo is a winger for starts, he has 18 goals in all comps this season already.

Didnt realise he overtook Tevez as leading Prem goal scorer, was that just for City or both Manchester and Wet Ham??

Anyway Sergio is the bollocks, seen him play, he's the real deal, loves Manchester so I hear, unlike Carlos, so he's alright with me.

Just for City

I use CR and Messi as comparisons simply because they're the only 2 players who consistently score 1 to 1.5 goals per game. Injuries permitting, Kun can reach a similar crazy amount of total goals per season imo. His goal ratio certainly suggests it.

He's best in the league IMO, however we'll see how Di Maria progresses in coming months and years.

He's no Ronaldo or Messi but I do think he's as good as any forward not named those two right now.

Wow so no comments after that draw? If Arsenal had tied I'm sure some of you guys would have been in the Arsenal thread cracking at least a few jokes.

Oi! sod off :LOL:

Utd fans can't say shit, Pool fans are too preoccupied with Real, Drawsenal fans would be brave to joke about draws and Amineken is waiting until CFC lift the PL trophy to take the piss

Also, City being bang average in the CL is nothin new :CRY: I didn't even bother ranting and raving this time. As parents sometimes say, "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed" (tho I did blow up my lighter when their pen was given)

Last edited:
Oi! sod off :LOL:

Utd fans can't say shit, Pool fans are too preoccupied with Real, Drawsenal fans would be brave to joke about draws and Amineken is waiting until CFC lift the PL trophy to take the piss

Also, City being bang average in the CL is nothin new :CRY: I didn't even bother ranting and raving this time. As parents sometimes say, "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed" (tho I did blow up my lighter when their pen was given)

I have copyrights on that one. :SHAKE:

So Upton Park only has 1 football in the entire stadium, yea? Pisstake

Don't think I saw a single ballboy for that matter

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom