Manchester City Thread

Down to 10 men. Anyone else think that Costa was instructed to find the moment to blowup against zabaleta?

Zabaleta's ( a player i love) second yellow had nothing whatsoever to do with the blowup. He got that second yellow for a nasty foul on Costa just before the blowup.

It was a crystal clear yellow and a professional mistake by Zabaleta. He let his team down.

Diego Costa is scum, but Zabaleta deserved his second yellow.

Chelsea's goal was a beauty, one of the best counter-attacks i've ever seen.
The second goal was classic Frank Lampard. The best EPL midfielder of his generation...he didn't slip up against Chelsea.

A good result given the circumstances.

'Disappointed' with Chelsea tho. All we've heard all summer and season is how they're clear favourites and yet they barely showed as much ambition as Stoke did.

We defended well but to concede yet again from our corner is annoying. Our corners were shite as well. I don't know why Kolarov doesn't take them. Nothing worse than facing a whipped in corner and not many can whip a ball like Kolarov.

Overall, based on play, we deserved the 3 pts but Chelsea defended well. We showed great character after a pretty soft red (if Zaba gets sent off why didn't Fabregas? If Dean wants to ref the game by throwing yellows about just be consistent and I won't mind) and going 1 down. Could have had a couple of pens also. Costa just manhandled Dzeko to the ground.

Anyway, Mangala looks an absolute beast. Glad to finally see him in the team. Demichelis has done nothing wrong but having Kompany and Mangala at the back will allow us to push 10 yards further up the pitch. Both are athletic monsters

Oh and...

Super Super Frank! :D

Could have won it at the end too lol. Top pro and a class reception from Chelsea fans before and after his goal

Apparantly Milner's stats for today:
97% pass completion
104 touches
4 successful dribbles
6 tackles
1 assist
Played RM, RB & LM.

He's not fashionable but he's always good in the big games. Underrated.
We need to tie him up on a new contract.

Mangala:
100% aerial duels won
91% pass accuracy
4 tackles won
4 clearances
1 key pass

Last edited:
Boring match I fell into a coma zzzz! Nothing to mention but Lampasas old arse scoring a f'n goal. Vs Arsenal he was running in circle chasing his own shadow. I thought he was drunk, anyhow I was hoping City put 5 past them cxxts.

10661024_915207791840019_623015881_s.jpg

And after all that, look at the youth making their appearance:

Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Navas, Fernandinho, Lampard, Milner, Toure (C), Dzeko

Featuring home grown talents like...
Youth players like...

Ah, nmind. City has a ridiculous squad, it'd be churlish not to use it really.

How many of your youngsters have scored in the LC this season, lads?

:SMUG:
ByU07kRIgAARt8K.jpg

Palace or Newcastle at home next round.

Last edited:
Mangala was unlucky more than anything

Anyway, Frank strikes again. 4 goals in a week for him. Looks like he will breeze past Henry's record at this rate.

We started off very well today, was expecting another goalfest. We then scored 2 goals for Hull and were 2nd best for the rest of the half. Was even in the 2nd until Pellegrini brought Navas on and moved to a diamond. Silva then got the space he needed to weave his magic.

In Navas and Lampard we have 2 cracking impact subs

Last edited:
Poor again from Pellegrini in Europe. 4-2-2-2/4-4-2 with Yaya as one of the 2 CMs will not work in the big CL games. It generally doesn't work no matter who you have in there. No top team plays 2 upfront ffs

Roma are a good side but we should be beating them comfortably given the players they had out. Instead we were horrendously outnumbered in midfield.

Not good enough.

As an aside, dunno how Maicon doesn't get sent off for the pen. Let's hope we get such a lenient ref in Rome. Huge number of fouls by a couple of Roma players and yet no yellows. I prefer a more forgiving ref but it's not usually the case in the CL.

I felt embarrassed for ManCity.. everyone wanted to touch the ball in the other half. Totti got upset dropped his cane and ran through the middle to leave Kompany for dead. I love the camera zoom on Totti`s grandchildren after he scored :D

again disjointed about this result :BLEH: Toure must be carrying a unknown African virus making him play flat. ManCity should be winning on 3rd gear!

Poor again from Pellegrini in Europe. 4-2-2-2/4-4-2 with Yaya as one of the 2 CMs will not work in the big CL games. It generally doesn't work no matter who you have in there. No top team plays 2 upfront ffs

Roma are a good side but we should be beating them comfortably given the players they had out. Instead we were horrendously outnumbered in midfield.

you make a good point, but i think it would be harsh to blame pellegrini for the aggressive lineup he picked.
city needed a win (badly), so it was understandable to take some risks with a more offensive formation.
moreover u were playing at home, against a team facing a serious injury emergency (as u mentioned). both their starting cbs (castan and astori) and their starting central midfielders (de rossi and strootman) were out, not to mention their gk (de sanctis). cole himself is a starter only because balzaretti has been out for months (due to a misteriously worrying injury).
bottom line, there were very good reasons to take some risks. things just didn't work out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom