Manchester City Thread

They'll draw against Everton, then win the other two. Bottlers the lot of 'em.

Not made for the title run in. Should have bottled the one two years ago if Fergie hadn't played a shambles against Wigan for no reason.

No way in hell they'll win their last 3.

*go go gadget reverse internet-curse*

They have a couple of injuries and will be without Barry, but our record against them at Goodison is terrible and Martinez has fucked up our season before.

They have a couple of injuries and will be without Barry, but our record against them at Goodison is terrible and Martinez has fucked up our season before.

Everton aren`t that focus and having Yaya back, it could be very bad for Everton, well hoping!

Yaya looks more and more like Pati, God bless him :APPLAUD:

Arsenal should smash Newcastle tonight and City will beat Everton comfortably on Saturday.

Everton already look like they are on their holidays, they aren't stupid and know that Arsenal more-or-less have 4th secured.

We can be got at on the counter and Vlla are a good counter attacking team. But it all comes down to Everton for me. If we win there I can't see us throwing it away again with 2 home games. I'd just hope West Ham at home is less heart attack inducing than QPR if it does come down to the final day.

BBC confirms that City (and PSG) have both 'failed' FFP regulations and will face some punishment.

But.

Platini has confirmed punishment will be limited to fines.

This system is glorious. UEFA will now pocket money in fines from clubs who have broken their rules on spending. I'm so in the wrong business. UEFA are basically printing money.

It's hard to talk about this 'breach' because it's not yet known whether it's before or after the various degrees of allowed spending and other exemptions (ie. non player spending related finances and 2010 contracts)

On the face of it, before taking into account the various exemptions, we were always going to be in breach.

In general, the media has done a terrible job of educating the public on FFP.

This whole thing could turn out to be a complete mess because the EU are set to rule on FFP later next year, iirc. If they shoot it down what is UEFA going to do?

Last edited:
These are the proposed punishments for PSG according to L'Equipe

Supervision of payroll
Limit recruitment
Limit the number of players involved in the Champions League (20 instead of 25)
A return to balance in 2016

All these measures are as yet vague and non-quantified but PSG is neither denied nor mercato Champions League. However, more must be done on a budget and less slippage, UEFA could strike again.
PSG can accept or reject these sanctions. In this case, their case would be reviewed by the ICFC (Forum of Financial Controls Clubs) and the new result would be irrevocable, except to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Before disclosing any sanctions by UEFA, the European body organizing further meetings next Thursday and Friday to announce final penalties.
(google translate)

Supposedly we'll only face a fine.

n7dJb.gif

Tell you what, it's a good job Everton didn't get a third because Lukaku's goal was a farce. How can a goal stand when the offside Osman leaps for the ball?

Luckily I can forget about it. I think I aged about 20 years in those last 20 mins! I don't think we'll ever make life easy on ourselves. Thank fuck Hart is in form, that save from Osman could well have won us the title - if we don't fuck it up from here. I expect us to go behind vs Villa or WHU at the very least. Praying for a couple of smashings :PRAY:

Barkley looks like he's gonna be world class in the future. Would put in a sneaky bid if I were in charge. Superb goal.

Best celebration ever by Lescott :LOL:
https://vine.co/v/MvrKIiUd6Ku

Last edited:
Erm, I wouldn't talk about offsides if I was you Godotelli!

But I'm happy for City - you've played lovely football at times this season.

I love Fernandinho, my favourite player in my FIFA 14 Ultimate Team!

These are the proposed punishments for PSG according to L'Equipe

(google translate)

Supposedly we'll only face a fine.

They cant be serious can they?! So for teams who have spent too much, or have too much debt UEFA think the best way to punish these teams is to have a punishment where the teams have to spend more money?! Genius.

Fines are useless against the super rich and this is who they are trying to control.

The only way it will work is if the fines are in the 10's of millions, but that will never happen.

Fine them 50million add it onto their cap for spending next year, so they cant buy anyone else, because they risk failing FFP again and then you will see some difference.

I expect pocket change fines for them all and FFP to fail.

Kinkladze, my alltime footballing hero, will be with us on Sunday
A5F6A34C-5B51-4C3E-A5C2-5F4488158153_zpshwnd9q4g.jpg

:WORSHIP: Gio! Gio! Gio!:WORSHIP:

If we don't beat Villa now I'll be even more pissed off!

:LOL: I still think you lot will bottle it.

weird season even if you win it, like I said almost stumbling over the finish line.

Kinkladze, my alltime footballing hero, will be with us on Sunday
A5F6A34C-5B51-4C3E-A5C2-5F4488158153_zpshwnd9q4g.jpg

:WORSHIP: Gio! Gio! Gio!:WORSHIP:

If we don't beat Villa now I'll be even more pissed off!

Kinky! I used to love this guy when I was kid.
I've always wondered what happened to him, the last time I saw him he was shredding the championship.

Back
Top Bottom